2 varieties available
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm
4.47 / 5 based on 36 Reviews
Nourish skin with a daily facial moisturizer for dry skin. Enriched with Edelweiss Flower Extract, this moisturizing facial balm helps strengthen skin’s barrier function to help lock in hydration. This rich moisturizer melts onto skin with a creamy texture leaving it softer, smoother and more comfortable, even in the driest climates.
- Nourishes dry skin with 24-hour hydration leaving it soft and soothed
- Helps strengthen the skin barrier function
- Formulated with a creamy texture that melts onto the skin’s surface
- Infused with Edelweiss Flower Extract, known to thrive in the high altitudes of the Swiss Alps
- Formulated and tested to moisturize dry skin to very dry skin in even the driest climates
- For dry skin and very dry skin
How to Apply Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm
- After cleansing, soften balm between fingertips and apply to skin
- Can be used day and night or as needed to combat moisture depletion and deeply hydrate
- Explore the rest of our Ultra Facial products like our #1 best-selling Ultra Facial Cream
Cool Kiehl’s Fact:
- A team of motorcycle riders faced harsh Alaskan altitudes and winds to test Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm in September 2015.
Edelweiss Flower Extract
Edelweiss Flower Extract is known to thrive in the high altitudes of the Swiss Alps. Within our formulas, it is known to help strengthen the skin’s barrier function to lock in hydration.
Antarcticine (Glacial Glycoprotein Extract)
Antarcticine, sourced from Antarctica, is a glycoprotein known to moisturize dry skin. With cryoprotective (protection against freezing) properties, Antarcticine is known to help defend and hydrate skin in extremely cold temperatures by facilitating the retention of natural moisture reserves.
Glycerin, a well-known skincare ingredient, is highly compatible and naturally occurring within skin. Within our formulas, it is a power
Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm
Aqua / Water,Glycerin,Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter,Glyceryl Stearate,Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Squalane,Cetyl Alcohol,Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter / Cocoa Seed Butter,Mannose,Peg-100 Stearate,Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax,Phenoxyethanol,Caprylyl Glycol,Sorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Sodium Polyacrylate,Leontopodium Alpinum Extract,Sodium Hydroxide,Stearyl Alcohol,Ceramide 3,Myristyl Alcohol,Adenosine,Capryloyl Salicylic Acid,Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract,Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil,Linalool
Top Questions No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm
- "This has REALLY helped with the eczema on my skin. Make sure to wash your face, exfoliate, then apply liberally. I had to get out of the habit to slathering on my eczema medication as it caused milia to spring up but after talking to a worker at a Kiehl's store, they recommended this product and it really did help! It's for "dry to very dry skin types" so it might be too oily/greasy for anyone with normal skin :)" in 12 reviews
- "If you have dry skin or get super dry skin in the Winter, then look no further than this moisturizer. It deeply hydrates without clogging pores. You also need such a little amount that your jar will last forever, making it more cost effective. It will not irritate sensitive skin and all flakes will be gone." in 5 reviews
- "Love this thick moisturizing balm! Great when skin is very dry and saved me after an exfoliating treatment gone wrong! Love how it works so well without making me oily! Also has a nice but light smell! The only negative is the price!" in 5 reviews
If you have dry skin or get super dry skin in the Winter, then look no further than this moisturizer. It deeply hydrates without clogging pores. You also need such a little amount that your jar will last forever, making it more cost effective. It will not irritate sensitive skin and all flakes will be gone.
I love this moisturizer. This is thick and balmy. It feels incredibly moisturizing on my skin. After using this product my skin feels hydrated, soft, and smooth. I have oily skin but I love how hydrating and non greasy this is on my skin. It’s perfect for winter when my skin gets a bit drier, but honestly I will use this all year round.
I have mixed feelings about this product. It was very emollient, but almost too emollient. It clogged my pores and gave me a lot of texture. I actually use it on my feet now with socks before bed. It definitely hydrated, but a little too much. However, I would say if you had chapped skin one day and needed immediate relief, go for it!
This is the only face moisturizer that has helped me with my dry flakey winter skin. I have probably tried every moisturizer out there and exfoliate like crazy but my skin would still flake until I found this product. I wake up and my skin feels super hydrated and also works well under my foundation. Will continue buying this product until the end of time
Very moisturizing and great for sensitive skin. I really enjoyed using this as a night time moisturizer. I was very happy with the performance of this cream. It was a bit pricy but all good moisturizers are a bit more. And you really get a good quality product for price. And a little goes a long way.
When I first tried this product over a year ago, it was one of the only products that helped the tightness and flakiness of my cheeks. I purchased the full size a few days ago and used it at bedtime only on my cheeks. However, after only 2 applications, I woke up with milia on my right cheek right by my nose. While that's not a desirable outcome, it does mean that this product is hydrating- it's just too hydrating! I gave it 3 stars because it does work, a little goes a long way, it's not irritating, and I think it's pretty affordable for how much product you get. If you have incredibly dry, flakey, sensitive skin, I totally recommend this. Maybe I'll try it again in the winter.
This cream is my holy grail. I wake up with my skin still nourished and soft. It's so thick and creamy, you don't need too much to cover your entire face (and neck). Totally recommended if you have dry skin. I know that a pot is not the most hygienical packaging in the world, but there's no way to have a pump on this, it's too thick. Just be sure to wash well your hands and close the lid as soon as possible.
This stuff right here salvaged my skin this past winter when it became dry and was out of wack. I have combination skin and the winter really throws things off for me, my skin gets so dry and dehydrated that some parts of my face get extremely oily as the day goes on, there is no balance. This stuff is yoga for my facial skin, I use it at night after my face cleaning regimen and my oiliness was no longer an issue. I use lighter moisturizers during the rest of the year but best believe I will be picking up a big jar of this right before Autumn hits. A little also goes a long way.
My holy grail of moisturizers. I've tried so many moisturizers to help my eczema/dry flaking on my face, especially during winter, and this helped after the very first application. My forehead is a bit oily while the rest of my face is just dry, but the moisturizer doesn't seem to cause any more oiliness than normal. You don't need much since it's so thick, so the smaller size is lasting quite a while. I think it's definitely worth the price if you're looking for something for really dry skin!
most people don't like a thick moisturizer but I love it. when you are putting this stuff on your face you know its leaving your skin moisturized and its going to stay that way all day. I used this with the sunday rile ufo during the day and the kiehls midnight recovery oil at night and I swear my skin was the best it has ever been
Q & A
Be the First to Ask a Question
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos