BY KIEHL'S

Inspired by Kiehl's Since 1851 venerable and most enduring preparation, Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion, this purifying gel cleanser with salicylic acid, cinnamon bark and ginger root thoroughly cleans pores and removes traces of dirt, residue and oil which can lead to acne break-outs. Brand: Kiehl's. Style Name: Kiehl's Since 1851 Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser. Style Number: 184459. Available In Stores. see more...

• Will this dry my face out, I have sensitive and acne prone skin?2 Answers
  • I have some targeted buttons so I was wondering if this product i...1 Answers
C I.
Malibu, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
GREAT FOR ACNE-PRONE SKIN! I've been using this same exact cleanser for over 4 years and it has SAVED my skin! I remember having so many white heads in high school and worrying so much about how to remove them as quick as possible and the counter at Kiehl'S recommended the Blue Herbal line to me and it worked! I am currently using this to this day, as a college student! It makes your face feel so refreshed~ I use it twice a day, in the morning and at night! It might be a bit drying to your skin at first but if you use the moisturizer in the line with it, it will fix the dryness problem!
Jamie K.
Bellevue
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this at the Kiehl's store from a recommendation. I find it too harsh for my skin. After using it, my skin feels tight and it sucks up too much oil. Acne isn't always caused by oils. You need some essential oil on your skin to balance your facial oil levels and ph but this sucks it up too much. Don't really recommend it.
Amanda A.
Riverview, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this on a whim because I had quite a few birchbox points built up that were going to expire, so I grabbed two bottles of this and called it a day. I never expected to love it as much as I do! First off I love the color it's pretty and I like how it looks on my countertop, not a deal breaker but a nice addition. I also love that it's not a harsh smell, I have sensitive eyes and skin so that's always a bonus! The consistency is nice I squirt a good amount on my clairisonic brush then go to town, it foams up very easily but not too much. When cleansing with it, it gives just a slight tingle which I love once rinsed off my skin feels so alive and refreshed. Side not I've gotten this in my mouth and it's actually quite tastey I'm not going to go squeezing the bottle in my mouth but when my goofy self stars licking her lips while cleansing I'm not instantly wanting to spit it out! I've also gotten it in my eyes which it doesn't burn and isn't super uncomfortable, just tingles. A++++
Lenny &.
Denver
I assumed it was an allergic reaction because my face has never reacted so horribly to a cleanser before. I bought this because it was recommended for acne prone skin. Unless you are aware of how your skin reacts to salicylic acid, I do not recommend this product. This burned my face and made it red. I kept getting break outs until I stopped using it. My break outs were not the usual small white head but huge painful red pimples that bleed.
Kaylee L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is pure gold! Amazing! If you have stubborn acne or have frequent break outs this is amazing! This helps calm and clear acne away. Makes your face feel cool and refreshed after using. Skin doesn't feel dried out or burn after using and this contains acne killing ingredients. I usually don't need a toner after using this and my face feels super clean! Little goes a long way too!
Chelsea G.
Oahu, HI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I loved this cleanser so much. It felt so minty & fresh on my skin & gave it that really clean & fresh feel after I washed it every morning/night. It wasn't harsh on my skin & it smelled really nice too! Unfortunately it hasn't completely took all of my acne off which I wish it did, but I still really liked this face wash! Wish there was a stronger formula!
Hana A.
Like this a lot. I love the peppermint-y smell when I apply it. I use this only 2-3 times a week for skin rejuvenation and mild exfoliating from the salicylic acid. Follow with a moisturizer and you're good to go. Lasts a long time since you only need a little
Hayley K.
Arlington, TX
This is my absolutely favorite facial cleanser. I use this every single day! It makes my skin feel so refreshed after using it and is not over drying. I have fairly oily skin and so using this at morning and night really helps control the oil. I would not change anything about this product. I hope this product stays forever!
Nicole L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This cleanser is SO tingly. I love it! I feel like it brought out the toxins without over drying. I always exfoliate with it though, because some areas do dry out more. I would definitely repurchase this product!
Kat M.
Kansas City, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of the few Kiehl's products I have tried that I felt had any effect. I have dry skin that is prone to congestion, however, so unfortunately that effect was to dry out my skin. I used this in the evening as a second cleanse, and once I realized how strong it was, started rotating with other, more gentle cleansers. I also don't love how this foams a bit--just a no, no in my book.
Hannah H.
Will this dry my face out, I have sensitive and acne prone skin?
Sabrina B.
I have some targeted buttons so I was wondering if this product is effective for this type of problem