BY KIEHL'S SINCE 1851

Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips. Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather.
Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather
Formulated with soothing emollients Squalanea, Lanolin and Wheat Germ Oil, as well as Vitamin E
How to Apply:
Apply liberally, and allow an excess of the balm to be absorbed
Key Ingredients
Squalane
A signature Kiehl’s ingredient, Squalane is a highly-refined botanical lipid derived from olives. With an exceptional affinity to skin, Squalane absorbs easily and is known to help replenish skin’s barrier keeping it soft, supple and moisturized

Aloe
Widely used for centuries in traditional and herbal medicine for its skin soothing benefits. It's also known to possess hydrating properties and helps increase the water content in skin. Our Aloe is sourced from the leaf of the Aloe Vera plant growing in the Dominican Republic.

Vitamin E
Naturally occurring in plant leaves and skin, Vitamin E is known to help neutralize skin-damaging free radicals. In addition to antioxidant protection, Vitamin E is often used in moisturizing skincare products

Ingredients
,Petrolatum,Squalane,Lanolin,Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil / Wheat Germ Oil,Pentylene Glycol,Tocopherol,Caprylyl Glycol,Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate,Allantoin,Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

• I need a good lip moisturizer. Has anyone tried this? Lo...4 Answers
  • Those this product work well ?1 Answers
  • I'm dying to try this, but must know - IS IT WORTH IT?!1 Answers
Kiehls Lip Balm #1 - Petrolatum Skin Protection
  • "Wonderful product. Directions say to apply excess and let lips absorb and if you do that it really does work! I have incredibly dry skin and lips, and have tried countless lip balms/moisturizers and this produced by far the best results. Even after one use, there was a huge improvement. No more cracked, dry or peeling lips. It's a thick petroleum jelly consistency and no noticeable smell." in 36 reviews
  • "This is hands down the most moisturizing lip balm. It's ointment in a tube and after just one application, you can really tell the difference already. I picked this up on my travels to the cold new York and it worked so well I was really impressed." in 26 reviews
Priscilla L.
Moisturizing lip balm that's reasonably priced, but it's honestly not much different from petroleum jelly (Vaseline). You can save a few $$ by getting Vaseline instead. I haven't tried Kiehl's flavored lip balms #1 (as I know there's Cranberry and Mango out) but this original one is very similar to Vaseline. Upon looking at the ingredients, it includes petrolatum.  The packaging is easy to fit in purses on the go, but there is no applicator so you're forced to squeeze a little bit on your fingertips and apply. As a busy woman that's always on the go, my fingers are not always clean so I prefer to not have to touch my lips! This lip balm DEFINITELY needs an applicator and I'm saddened it doesn't have one. I always have to find a tissue to wipe my finger on because the formula is so greasy like petroleum jelly. Due to its greasy formula, a little goes a long way to moisturize your lips. Slightly disappointed in Kiehl's and will not be purchasing this again but hopefully, they can improve their product soon!
Claire L.
New Orleans, LA
My holy grail lip product. Seriously -- I've tried everything from drugstore chapstick to expensive "lip masks" and this is hands down the most effective lip product I've ever used. Sometimes over-moisturizing can ultimately dry out your lips in the long run. That is NOT the case with Kiehls. I put it on every night before I go to sleep. Usually, there is still some product on my lips when I wake up. I can really tell that my lips absorb the product, as they remain moisturized for the rest of the day. If it's especially dry, like during the winter months, I'll use the product during the day as well. I would easily pay five times more for this product, but the low cost is just another perk!
Maureen A.
Houston
Whilst I  do love this lip balm and think it does a great job keeping my lips soft and moisturized for long periods of time, I do not enjoy the packaging of this product and how it also reacts in hot weather. I know that these products have to be kept in a cool dry place at all times but the fact that I have to squeeze the product out like toothpaste sometimes means that this product gets very messy and hard to carry it on the go. I do love to put this on at night nowadays so I can wake up with soft lips but I would say you can get the same thing from vaseline for more than half the cost of this product
Hannah Z.
This stuff is amazing. I spent hours hunting it down locally when I lost my original tube. It's moisturizing without being sticky, it doesn't feel like it dries you out in the long term, it's excellent for winter and if you have naturally dry lips. I have tried so so many different lip balms (burts bees, carmex, chapstick, bite to name a few) and nothing has come anywhere close to this. It's pricey but 1000% worth it.
Caroline E.
This is such a good lip balm, probably one of the best I’ve used as far as effectiveness goes. It’s perfect for protecting lips during the winter. I’m marking it down to a 4 instead of a 5, because it really tastes terrible and it slips and slides a lot, so it gets in your mouth easily. If you’re going to invest in this lip balm, I’d suggest getting a flavored one. The mango is really nice!
Chelsea T.
New Brunswick, NJ
This lip balm is nice, but it’s not really my favorite. The packaging is kind of inconvient, because it just comes out of a little hole at the top and makes it kind of difficult to get an even application on the lips. It is a good lip balm, but it’s not my all time favorite. I have other that I reach for much more often than this one. However, this is a reasonably priced lip balm unlike a lot of other ones I use, so that’s why it still gets 4 stars. The consistency is kind of petroleum jelly like, and you definitely have to use your fingers to get this on properly.
Fiona C.
I'm not sure how I feel about this quite yet. There are days when I love this and then others when I feel as if this isn't quite doing what I want it to do. On most days, it's moisturizing enough for my lips. Sometimes my lips are in pretty bad condition and this is not enough. The consistency also seems to change with the seasons. During the summer months, it's VERY oily and runny. It also seems to go bad too quickly for my liking. With the price tag and performance so far, I don't see myself repurchasing this in the future.
shadynasty H.
Elon
This stuff is great. Melts away the dry skin on my lips. I've found that I don't apply lip products (I'm a lip balm junkie) nearly as often because this keeps my lips so nicely hydrated and soft. I find that people who have problems with this product are not following the instructions--apply liberally and let it soak in!!!!! The only thing that annoys me is the applicator. At least round the tip or something! For $10 I'd like my lip balm to not be so messy or annoying to apply. This stuff definitely works though.
Kate B.
Newport Beach, CA
Love this lip balm. It is very moisturizing, light and not sticky. Fun tip: I use this on the highlight points on my face before foundation for a nice and natural shine! I purchased this at Sephora and would definitely recommend and re-purchase!
Jasmine P.
This lip balm is my go-to during the dry winter months when my lips most need moisture. They are effective, easy to carry, and really lock-in hydration to ensure crack-free and plump lips. Highly recommend for literally anyone.
Darcy P.
Goose Creek, SC
I need a good lip moisturizer. Has anyone tried this? Looking for opinions before I waste money on another balm that doesn't live up to the hype.
Valentina G.
Pembroke Pines, FL
Those this product work well ?
Erika P.
Webster, NY
I'm dying to try this, but must know - IS IT WORTH IT?!