BY KIEHL'S SINCE 1851

Product Details
This Unique Facial Essence Is An Essential “first Step” Anti-aging Treatment To Help Smooth Skin Texture, Reduce Fine Lines And Boost Radiance. Enhance Your Routine With Essence Skin Care To Hydrate, Exfoliate And Prepare Skin.

•     Hydrates Skin While Helping To Smooth Fine Lines And Improve Texture
  •     Helps Activate Skin’s Exfoliation Process For A Smoother, More Radiant Appearance
  •     Prepares And Primes Skin As A “first Step” In An Anti-aging Skincare Routine
  •     Infused With Iris Florentina Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, And Lipo Hydroxy Acid (Lha)
  •     Visibly Improves The Appearance Of Fine Lines, Dullness And Rough Skin Texture Over Time
  •     For All Skin Types

How To Apply Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence

•     After Cleansing, Our A Few Drops Into The Palm Of Hand
  •     Gently Press Facial Essence Onto Cheeks, Forehead And Chin Areas
  •     Apply Before Your Usual Skincare Routine To Help Prime Skin For Serums And Concentrates
  •     Avoid Contact With Eyes
  •     Can Be Used Morning And Night

Key Ingredients
Lipo Hydroxy Acid
Lipo Hydroxy Acid

Lipo Hydroxy Acid Is A Salicylic Acid Derivative That Is Known To Help Exfoliate Skin. Within Our Formulas, This Ingredient Activates Skin’s Natural Exfoliation Process To Help Remove Dull Skin.
Sodium Hyaluronate
Sodium Hyaluronate

The Sodium Salt Of Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate Is Known To Be A Moisturizing Agent, Viscosifier And Emulsifier. Within Our Formulas, Sodium Hyaluronate Helps Hydrate, Replenish And Refine Skin Texture.

Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence
Aqua / Water,Butylene Glycol,Glycerin,Dipropylene Glycol,Alcohol Denat.,Methyl Gluceth-10,Phenoxyethanol,Ppg-6-decyltetradeceth-30,Chlorphenesin,Parfum / Fragrance,Capryloyl Salicylic Acid,Tetrasodium Edta,Iris Florentina / Iris Florentina Root Extract,Sodium Hyaluronate,Xanthan Gum,Citric Acid,Sodium Citrate,Adenosine,Limonene

Princess G.
Columbus, OH
Seriously, this might be the most important product I’ve gotten from the line. My skin has looked so smooth and pretty ever since adding this product into my routine. After you cleanse and tone your skin, you dab this onto your face before your other skincare products. It’s a skincare primer, it primes your face so that whatever serums and moisturizer you put on your face will work to its best performance (just like how you use a makeup primer before you apply your foundation, except this is for skincare). I use it morning and night. I’ve even been using it to prime my skin before a face mask!!

I thought this product seemed pointless when I read its description, but I decided to try it after reading its product reviews. I’m so glad that I did because the reviews were not joking!!

I just pour 1-2 drops onto my finger tips, I lightly rub my fingers together, and then I gently dab the product onto my face before applying anything else. Since I only use a total of 2-4 drops a day, I know this bottle is going to last a LONG time (because the bottle is big), so I definitely think it is worth the price.

Also, I’m pretty sure the website says this product is good for all skin types!! Kiehl's Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence
Katie L.
I didn't think I would enjoy using the essence as much as I have (especially because it seems like it's too good to be true), but I have noticed that my oils and serums go on a lot smoother now and don't sit on my face. The treatments actually get into my skin, plus my sunscreens don't burn my skin when following the essence. Bless the 10 step beauty routine!
Vicky Z.
Houston
Picked up 2 free sample packets from a kiehls store, and they lasted me about a week and a half (after I open the packets, I fold the opening and use a hair pin to hold the fold down). I am almost 20 years old, and it’s never too early to start preventing signs of aging, so I thought this product would be an easy addition to my skincare routine. A little goes a long way with this, and just a few drops during my night routine makes my skin feel extra supple the next day! The hydration benefits of this product was such a pleasant surprise! Although it does feel sticky upon application, the stickiness goes away a bit after I apply facial oil on top of it. I will definitely be purchasing the full size bottle of this.
tricia e.
Los Angeles
I've been testing out a few essences lately, and this is the current one I'm using. I think it has made a big difference in my routine! My face looks brighter and healthier. I've even had some co-workers ask what have I been doing because I look so rested (man I must have looked haggard before!) I was a little concern about the scent (I'm very sensitive), so I tried it out in the Kiehl's store before purchasing. The scent is very faint, and dissipates in less than a minute. I pat/press into my skin after I tone on face, neck & chest. Whatever is left on my hands I press into my arms (I figured if it can be used on my face, my arms can benefit too right?). Then I follow with serum. You don't need much product, so I'm guessing this is going to last me a bit. I like that it is in a plastic bottle. My son, 5, likes to be in the bathroom when I'm getting ready, so at least I know if won't shatter if it hits the floor.
Laurie B.
Charleston
Iris extract is so refreshing on the skin. Apply small amount by patting over face - not eyes- then apply your serum then moisturizer. Iris extract helps to activate your other skin care products.
Ashley C.
West Jordan, UT
I haven’t tried this for long enough yet but it seems to be working well. I tried it after seeing Jamie Genevieve talk so highly about this product and so I have been using for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot I’m looking forward to seeing further results
Elizabeth S.
Staff
I’ve been using this for about a month both in the am and pm post washing my face and pre moisturizing. It has a nice subtle scent and the formula is light enough that it absorbs quickly but potent enough that it hydrates and leaves your skin silky smooth after using. I like using with my hands and just pat into my face and neck- it kind of reminds me of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence but it’s way cheaper.
Morgan G.
South Glens Falls
I am a huge fan of Kiehl’s products! I received the Iris Extract essence as a sample from an online order and I am hooked! This has done absolute wonders for my skin. It has helped hydrate my skin, as well as improve overall texture and fine lines. I have struggled for so long to find a great skin regimen and this is must have for me. I use this product after cleansing my skin and applying toner and then follow up with moisturizer.
💀Alexa R.
Las Vegas
I love the way this makes my skin feel. Beautiful aroma and leaves my skin feeling super soft. It works well with any skincare I incorporate with it and gentle enough for daily use.
Valerie T.
Been using this over a month and I’m not sure I’ve felt the differences. But this bottle sure is going to last me a long time since a few drops are enough. It absorbs into the skin quickly so I guess that’s good.
rachel s.
Does this work well on sensitive acne prone skin? I’ve read conflicting reviews about it breaking people out since it contains alcohol.