BY KIEHL'S SINCE 1851

This highly-efficacious facial serum brightens and clarifies skin for increased radiance. Over time, it diminishes the number and intensity of even deep-set dark spots and skin discolorations.

• Minimizes the appearance of a broad spectrum of dark spots including post-acne scars* for a more even skin tone
  • Daily, continuous use results in visibly brighter, more radiant skin
  • Formulated with a potent, latest-generation clarifying complex of Activated C, White Birch and Peony Extracts
  • Dermatologist-tested for safety and gentleness
  • For all skin types, including sensitive skin
  • *Acne scarring only tested on African American panel.

How to Apply

• Cleanse skin prior to application with a cleanser like Clearly Corrective™ Purifying Foaming Cleanser
  • Apply dark spot serum as a spot treatment or over entire face both day and night
  • Can be used to correct visible skin discolorations on hands, neck and chest
  • Follow with a moisturizer like Clearly Corrective™ Brightening & Smoothing Moisture Treatment
  • During the day, protect skin by layering with Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+

Key Ingredients

Activated C
Activated C is a Vitamin C derivative known to help visibly reduce dark spots and prevent the formation of new skin discolorations. This potent form of Vitamin C penetrates skin quickly to help visibly even skin tone and improve clarity.

White Birch Extract
White Birch Extract is a sugar-derived ingredient known for its ability to restore hydration and nutrients to the skin. In our skincare products, this potent active ingredient works with Activated C to help even skin tone.

Peony Extract
Used in traditional Chinese medicine, Peony Extract is a natural antioxidant that helps protect against oxidative damage. In our formulas, it works with Activated C to enhance skin c

Ingredients

Aqua / Water,Propylene Glycol,Glycerin,Alcohol Denat.,Peg/Ppg/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin,Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol,3-o-ethyl Ascorbic Acid,Ppg-6-decyltetradeceth-30,Phenoxyethanol,Salicylic Acid,Xanthan Gum,Hydroxyethylcellulose,Potassium Hydroxide,Citric Acid,Sodium Citrate,Tocopheryl Acetate,Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil,Disodium Edta,Linalool,Citrus Tachibana / Citrus Aurantium Tachibana Peel Extract,Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract / Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract

• Does this work? How long do I have to wait to see the res...3 Answers
  • Where can I buy this? How much does it cost?3 Answers
  • Does this work? I get so many pimples at once which leave...1 Answers
Simran J.
Laguna Hills, CA
Review for: 1.7 oz more...
I’ve used all three sizes of this amazing serum! This has worked wonders on my hyperpigmentation, far more than any similar serum has before. I used this nonstop for two years and unfortunately, the efficacy did ware off for me after this much time but I still rate it highly and would absolutely recommend it! It helps lighten both old and new marks, and is very gentle for sensitive skin.
Maureen A.
Houston
Review for: 1.7 oz, 1.0 oz, 3.4 oz more...
So this was recommended to me by the sales lady and although I was skeptical, I was amazed at how this serum works on hyperpigmentation! I have acne scarring on my skin as well as freckles and it completely faded by two months! Love this product and although is expensive works beautifully for problematic dark spots on your face!
Brianne M.
Madison, MS
I love this product and use it everyday. I started getting a few dark spots on my cheek and forehead. Got a sample of this a fell in love. My dark spots are completely gone. It’s a light weight oil that absorbs well and brightens. This price isn’t too bad for the product and I would recommend this if you have dark spots.
Amara (.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: 1.0 oz more...
So here’s the thing I purchased it a few months ago and I’m definitely battling acne scars and I was told to purchase this because it’s going to help feed a lot of the red marks left behind after acne and maybe I’m not using this correctly or maybe I’m not using this enough but I don’t really see much of an improvement as far as any of the Red scars is going away But I do see a major improvement and texture and hydration so I’m having mixed feelings about this I am halfway through the bottle and maybe I’ll change my mind once I finished using it whether not I’m going to repurchase but let’s hope for the best
Alissa M.
San Antonio
Review for: 1.0 oz more...
This brand is k own for its skincare products. And after trying this product which I paid $42 for, I was a bit disappointed. It claims to have a potent complex of activated C, white birch and peony, and is clinically demonstrated To help correct dark spots and discolouration. For visible correction and clarity. This was not the case for me. I have just as much acne scarring as I did before. None of my spots had any noticeable change. I love Kiehls, but I will not be repurchasing this.
Sarah D.
Newnan
Review for: 1.7 oz more...
I’m loving this serum. It has helped smooth my skin, even out the skin tone and reduce the redness of my rosacia. It’s worth the $$$. It does contain vitamin C so use caution with sun exposure. It’s another winning product from kiehl’s.
lucia f.
Review for: 1.0 oz more...
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!!! This product is AMAZING and really does make miracles come true. It’s so light and not sticky. Put on day and night and got results in 4 days! I would personally guaranty results in AT LEAST a week. BRAVA TO THIS PRODUCT!
Briana B.
White Bear Lake, MN
This product could be so good. Its almost there. This product, like many on the market, contains irritating and sun-sensitizing citrus oils/extracts. Sometimes my skin can tolerate them just fine, but often, as was the case here, they irritate my skin. Bummed because i would like to find a Vit C serum that's slightly less expensive than my current fave. This one is effective at reducing hyperpigmentation though.
Lizz P.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: 1.0 oz more...
This stuff is AMAZING. It’s a little bit pricey but definitely worth the money. I would highly recommend this. I now feel confident to wear no make up on days because of the color correcting skills this serum has.
Samy C.
This is one of the best dark spot treatment for reasonable price!
Of course it isn't a magic solution that shows result overnight. Dark spot develop overnight but doesn't disappear overnight! It takes time though it really works!
Helena J.
Gillingham
Does this help with preventing spots and not just the scarring from spots?
Breanna B.
Scarborough, ON
After years, I'm finally at ease with my skin in terms of acne. However, I'm left with acne scars. I have sensitive skin and I'm wondering if this product is right for me? Thanks!
Hui-Yu Y.
Bellevue, WA
Does this work? How long do I have to wait to see the results?
Laura B.
since i don't have acne scarring, i wanted to ask if it works helping even out yr skin tone, or reduce the appearance of sun spots or hyper pigmentation? thanks for any replies :)
M J.
Magnetawan, ON
Where can I buy this? How much does it cost?