BY KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 #69 in Toners & Astringents

This facial toner for oily skin and normal skin has been trusted by Kiehl’s customers since the 1960s. Hand-inserted Calendula flower petals work with other gentle ingredients like Great Burdock Root to create a cleansing and soothing toner for skin.

• Gently cleanses and refreshes facial skin without harsh synthetic drying agents
  • Soothes and improves to create a more balanced, even skin tone
  • Formulated with Calendula, Burdock Root and Allantoin
  • Alcohol-free
  • For normal to oily skin types, including sensitive skin
  • A customer favorite

Ingredient Focus
The Calendula petals in our unique skin toner are still inserted by hand in the Kiehl’s apothecary tradition to ensure the most efficacious formula.

How to Apply Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
After cleansing with a face wash like Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash, moisten a sterile cotton pad with this facial toner
Smooth on skin in areas where needed, avoiding the eye area
Apply day or night
Can be followed with the cooling hydration of Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask

How to Use Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner

KEY INGREDIENTS

Allantoin
Allantoin is a compound found in the root of the comfrey plant, a hairy perennial Eurasian herb long used in herbal medicine. Known to be a bacteria inhibitor, Allantoin can soothe and reduce skin inflammation in various product formulations.

Calendula

Native to the Mediterranean, Calendula Extract and Calendula Petals are known for their skin soothing properties and are commonly used in skincare products for oily skin types. For many centuries, Calendula has been highly regarded as a medicinal herb in both Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine.

Great Burdock
Burdock Root
Great Burdock Root is a gentle, natural ingredient known for centuries to help improve dry skin.

Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-free Toner

Aqua / Water,Propylene Glycol,Pentylene Glycol,Methylparaben,Disodium Edta,Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract,Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,Hydrolyzed Corn Starch,Allantoin,Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract,Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract

Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
  • "This toner is moisturizing and not harsh on your skin at all. Though it may seem pricey, the 8.4 fl oz bottle lasted me a year." in 8 reviews
Hali P.
Let me begin by saying that I never sought to experiment with different toners. I always found my  Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Stress Control® Triple-Action Toner to do the job well. It never broke me out and my skin looked fine, so I assumed that it was working. I started doing a little more research on the effects of alcohol on your skin, and I realized that while it may have looked like it was working, it was actually drying out my skin like crazy (horrible for dry skin or for those who are trying to avoid premature aging). I decided to give the  Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner a try and I'm so happy I did. I worried that since it wasn't an "acne control" toner it would make me break out, but it's done the opposite. My face has remained clear, and instead of that instant tightening feeling from the alcohol that was in my previous toner, my skin feels refreshed and supple. It is pricey, but I've had the same bottle for about two and a half months now and have barely hit the halfway mark, so for me personally it's definitely worth the price.
Isabella J.
This is my staple toner! I have found it so hard to find a toner that is hydrating on my skin yet also does a successful job at cleansing my skin as well. I feel that this product leaves my skin feeling ultra smooth and hydrated yet also extremely clean in prep for my moisturizer! I have also not experienced any major breakouts while using this toner! highly recommend for all skin types especially if you are trying to find a toner that is not harsh on the skin at all!
Elizabeth H.
This toner is definitely not worth the price. It retails for $21USD on their website and it's basically the price of other toners I have--the only difference being that those toners work so much better than this. This toner was only soothing due to the calendula petals that are present. It was not hydrating at all. It left my skin still feeling tight and dry, so I have to go over it with a better toner.

There is a slight sweet honey smell to it and it does leave my skin feeling a little tacky after application. So I'm just going to stick with  Dear, Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner which works so much better and retails for about the same price.
S C.
Irvine
The smell is just like tea, very fresh. I used it with a cotton pad to soothe my skin after using a mask. And it feels very good. I don’t know what other effect it’s supposed to have but so far I like it! The price is not so friendly though compared with other toner from Kielh, but maybe it’s worth the money.
Tina F.
San Diego, CA
This toner is gentle and calm on your skin and the smell is incredible! Sometimes I don’t wash my face in the morning because it tends to dry it out, so sometimes if I feel my skin is feeling moody, I only use this in the morning instead of face soap and it makes my skin feels so refreshed!
Guadalupe G.
Staff
Purchased this at the recommendation of a salesperson since I was looking to add a step to my nightly routine as using a makeup wipe to remove the days grime wasn’t good enough. I also have combo, oily leaning skin so they recommended this over the cucumber one which I would’ve gotten for the scent. I have to say it does a good job of purifying my skin after the wipe has mostly erased my makeup. It also does seem to have some soothing effect if I’m feeling a breakout coming. Will have to use longer to confirm that function, but so far so good!
Sarah O.
Hialeah, FL
The best alcohol free toner on the market. I had been using another toner and it had a lot of alcohol and it was drying out my skin and I did some research online and the reviews for this product were amazing and it was for a good reason. This toner cleans out whatever was left in your pores and does not irritate the skin at all. The scent of the toner is of a slight tea but nothing overpowering. You can use this anytime of the day it will leave you skin looking fresh and plump. Definitely worth the money, it can be on the pricy end in terms of a toner but it truly works well.
Lauren h.
Brookline
It’s a solid toner that’s light on the skin and great to use for “skin mask” where you saturate thin cotton wipes with this toner and place them on your face for ~10 mins. Your skin feels so soft afterwards and it’s a quick and easy diy mask!
I just wish it was like $10 cheaper ...
Gabriela G.
Walden, NY
This is a pretty good toner. I saw a balancing of my skin in terms of inflammation and congestion. It was also mild enough for my acne prone sensitive skin. Did it work miracles with my acne however? Not really. But if you are looking for a balancing act for your face, this is a pretty good bet.
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
Why does this toner smell so heavenly? Like a slight sweet hint of tea? Floral? It's delicious. I receievd a sample size of the  Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash and liked it so much that I ordered the full size as well as this matching toner. I am on the drier side- so I tend to use this on heavier makeup days, days when the weather has been humid and left me feeling greasy, etc. I alternate between this toner and  Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner which is more hydrating.
Azlyn H.
Ewa Beach
What is your favorite toner? I have oily skin and currently use Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner but am not sure if I love it enough to repurchase. Any suggestions are appreciated
Julia J.
Flushing, NY
Is this worth the price? I have the ultra facial toner (8.4 fl oz) right now which is twice the size of the calendula but much cheaper. How do the two differ?
Maddie H.
Milwaukee, WI
Does this product help with hyperpigmentation from acne?
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Is this drying on sensitive skin?
Gladys R.
Can anybody tell me if i can use it on sensitive skin?????

back