BY KIEHL'S #66 in Toners & Astringents

This facial toner for oily skin and normal skin has been trusted by Kiehl’s customers since the 1960s. Hand-inserted Calendula flower petals work with other gentle ingredients like Great Burdock Root to create a cleansing and soothing toner for skin.

• Gently cleanses and refreshes facial skin without harsh synthetic drying agents
  • Soothes and improves to create a more balanced, even skin tone
  • Formulated with Calendula, Burdock Root and Allantoin
  • Alcohol-free
  • For normal to oily skin types, including sensitive skin
  • A customer favorite

Ingredient Focus
The Calendula petals in our unique skin toner are still inserted by hand in the Kiehl’s apothecary tradition to ensure the most efficacious formula.

How to Apply Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
After cleansing with a face wash like Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash, moisten a sterile cotton pad with this facial toner
Smooth on skin in areas where needed, avoiding the eye area
Apply day or night
Can be followed with the cooling hydration of Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask

How to Use Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner

KEY INGREDIENTS

Allantoin
Allantoin is a compound found in the root of the comfrey plant, a hairy perennial Eurasian herb long used in herbal medicine. Known to be a bacteria inhibitor, Allantoin can soothe and reduce skin inflammation in various product formulations.

Calendula

Native to the Mediterranean, Calendula Extract and Calendula Petals are known for their skin soothing properties and are commonly used in skincare products for oily skin types. For many centuries, Calendula has been highly regarded as a medicinal herb in both Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine.

Great Burdock
Burdock Root
Great Burdock Root is a gentle, natural ingredient known for centuries to help improve dry skin.

Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-free Toner

Aqua / Water,Propylene Glycol,Pentylene Glycol,Methylparaben,Disodium Edta,Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract,Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,Hydrolyzed Corn Starch,Allantoin,Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract,Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract

• I just received this as a gift. Does anyone know of any tips or t...1 Answers
  • Is this worth the price? I have the ultra facial toner (8.4 fl oz...2 Answers
  • Does this product help with hyperpigmentation from acne?2 Answers
Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
  • "This toner is moisturizing and not harsh on your skin at all. Though it may seem pricey, the 8.4 fl oz bottle lasted me a year." in 8 reviews
Hali P.
Let me begin by saying that I never sought to experiment with different toners. I always found my  Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Stress Control® Triple-Action Toner to do the job well. It never broke me out and my skin looked fine, so I assumed that it was working. I started doing a little more research on the effects of alcohol on your skin, and I realized that while it may have looked like it was working, it was actually drying out my skin like crazy (horrible for dry skin or for those who are trying to avoid premature aging). I decided to give the  Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner a try and I'm so happy I did. I worried that since it wasn't an "acne control" toner it would make me break out, but it's done the opposite. My face has remained clear, and instead of that instant tightening feeling from the alcohol that was in my previous toner, my skin feels refreshed and supple. It is pricey, but I've had the same bottle for about two and a half months now and have barely hit the halfway mark, so for me personally it's definitely worth the price.
Elizabeth H.
This toner is definitely not worth the price. It retails for $21USD on their website and it's basically the price of other toners I have--the only difference being that those toners work so much better than this. This toner was only soothing due to the calendula petals that are present. It was not hydrating at all. It left my skin still feeling tight and dry, so I have to go over it with a better toner.

There is a slight sweet honey smell to it and it does leave my skin feeling a little tacky after application. So I'm just going to stick with  Dear, Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner which works so much better and retails for about the same price.
Justice B.
Studio City, CA
My grandfather was a doctor and his remedy for literally everything was “put calendula on it”. I obviously couldn’t resist trying this. It’s a nice, gentle toner that soothes after my double cleanse ritual. My skin feels squeaky clean and refreshed before I apply my essence and I truly believe my serums absorb better when I use this specific toner with my Tatcha essence. Also good for cleaning cuts or healing aggravated pimples. Recommend using this along side the cucumber cleanser (which I use on my face AND body... I’m obsessed!)
Tiffany D.
Oklahoma City
I’m in LOVE! I’ve been fighting Cystic Acne and this seems to help a lot compared to a lot of other products I’ve tried.
I absolutely feel great about the purity of the product seeing the flower pedals and the whole ingredient make me feel good about the product.
I wish it wasn’t so expensive but, you get what you pay for. I’m surviving on samples at the moment.
Jessie B.
Port Tobacco, MD
LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!! This is the most refreshing toner I’ve ever used! I love how it smells and how clean it makes my face feel! And sometimes when you don’t have time for a full skincare routine the best thing to do is to use Neutrogena® Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes and then swipe some of this around your face and BOOM you feel super clean and can go to bed without worrying about breaking out
Tori R.
Los Angeles, CA
Good, lightweight toner. No distinct smell. Sometimes the little flower bits come out and get stuck to your face... but other than that it’s easy use. The cap is fragile and after dropping my bottle once the cap broke and would no longer close, so be careful if you’re a little clumsy like myself 😋
Tina F.
san diego
This toner is gentle and calm on your skin and the smell is incredible! Sometimes I don’t wash my face in the morning because it tends to dry it out, so sometimes if I feel my skin is feeling moody, I only use this in the morning instead of face soap and it makes my skin feels so refreshed!
Guadalupe G.
Purchased this at the recommendation of a salesperson since I was looking to add a step to my nightly routine as using a makeup wipe to remove the days grime wasn’t good enough. I also have combo, oily leaning skin so they recommended this over the cucumber one which I would’ve gotten for the scent. I have to say it does a good job of purifying my skin after the wipe has mostly erased my makeup. It also does seem to have some soothing effect if I’m feeling a breakout coming. Will have to use longer to confirm that function, but so far so good!
Lauren h.
Brookline
It’s a solid toner that’s light on the skin and great to use for “skin mask” where you saturate thin cotton wipes with this toner and place them on your face for ~10 mins. Your skin feels so soft afterwards and it’s a quick and easy diy mask!
I just wish it was like $10 cheaper ...
Kiley M.
This is a bit pricey, but worth it. It is a very good toner that doesn’t leave my skin ridiculously dry. It has a light herbal scent to it, but dissipates quickly. It has been good to help even out my skin and making a nice canvas for makeup. Will be repurchasing.
Azlyn H.
Ewa Beach
What is your favorite toner? I have oily skin and currently use Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner but am not sure if I love it enough to repurchase. Any suggestions are appreciated
Maddie H.
Milwaukee, WI
Does this product help with hyperpigmentation from acne?
Julia J.
Flushing, NY
Is this worth the price? I have the ultra facial toner (8.4 fl oz) right now which is twice the size of the calendula but much cheaper. How do the two differ?
Veronica R.
Atlanta, GA
Thinking of adding this to my online shopping cart. How does it compare to other kiehl's toners?
Aisha I.
Arlington, VA
I just received this as a gift. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks with the product? I don't have severe acne but do have random breakouts here and there.