Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser

by Kiehl's Since 1851

An effective, oil-free, non-drying acne cleanser

• Thoroughly cleans pores and removes traces of dirt, residue and oil, which can lead to acne break-outs
  • Contains Salicylic Acid to help keep skin clear of acne blemishes

Cinnamon Bark Extract
Cinnamon Bark Extract is taken from the dried bark of cultivated trees and is considered to be of much higher quality than extract derived from leaves. It contains an essential oil that is not only recognized for its soothing effects, but is also known to have antibacterial properties.

Ginger Root Extract
Ginger Root Extract provides gingerols that are known to have soothing properties. It also helps to absorb excess oil.

Is this good for sensitive skin?
How well does this product combat acne? Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser
Will this dry my face out, I have sensitive and acne prone skin?
Start your review of Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser!
Product Highlights
“This is my first love I use this every morning with my Luna mini and I have eczema and very sensitive dry skin and some adult acne the bottle last me almost two month and I have seen a huge different in my skin since I was put on using this product.” in 4 reviews
Spring, TX
Before I used this product I used the ultra face cleanser but I have to say that I prefer this over the other! My skin has never looked better and it lasts so long honestly. A little goes a long way but it may overdry your skin if you use it too much. I go for using it once a day and my skin looks amazing. I’d definitely buy again!
Purchased at: Macy's
I love this face wash. The second I started using it, I noticed how it prevents my skin from breakouts. I use it once or twice and day and it really has made a difference on my skin. I love the formula. The texture is also very light and a Little definitely goes a long way. Perfect for combination skin!
Tarrytown, NY
I use this cleanser when my skin is breaking out or when it’s about it. It’s very effective, but with that being said it’s pretty harsh on the skin. It’s very strong and potent, which is good, but not necessarily for every day use.
Malibu, CA
GREAT FOR ACNE-PRONE SKIN! I've been using this same exact cleanser for over 4 years and it has SAVED my skin! I remember having so many white heads in high school and worrying so much about how to remove them as quick as possible and the counter at Kiehl'S recommended the Blue Herbal line to me and it worked! I am currently using this to this day, as a college student! It makes your face feel so refreshed~ I use it twice a day, in the morning and at night! It might be a bit drying to your skin at first but if you use the moisturizer in the line with it, it will fix the dryness problem!
New Prt Rchy, FL
I bought this on a whim because I had quite a few birchbox points built up that were going to expire, so I grabbed two bottles of this and called it a day. I never expected to love it as much as I do! First off I love the color it's pretty and I like how it looks on my countertop, not a deal breaker but a nice addition. I also love that it's not a harsh smell, I have sensitive eyes and skin so that's always a bonus! The consistency is nice I squirt a good amount on my clairisonic brush then go to town, it foams up very easily but not too much. When cleansing with it, it gives just a slight tingle which I love once rinsed off my skin feels so alive and refreshed. Side not I've gotten this in my mouth and it's actually quite tastey I'm not going to go squeezing the bottle in my mouth but when my goofy self stars licking her lips while cleansing I'm not instantly wanting to spit it out! I've also gotten it in my eyes which it doesn't burn and isn't super uncomfortable, just tingles. A++++
Texarkana, TX
This is hands down the best face wash I have ever had! It has kept my acne clear and has prevented other breakouts! I use twice daily and it has completely changed my skin!
Marlton, NJ
This stuff is pure gold! Amazing! If you have stubborn acne or have frequent break outs this is amazing! This helps calm and clear acne away. Makes your face feel cool and refreshed after using. Skin doesn't feel dried out or burn after using and this contains acne killing ingredients. I usually don't need a toner after using this and my face feels super clean! Little goes a long way too!
Boston, MA
I’m a huge fan of Kiehl’s products, however, this product did not work for me. I struggle with cystic acne and was recommended this cleanser and line to combat it. Unfortunately the cleanser was way too harsh for my skin, and it increased the redness, dryness, and overall inflammation. If you struggle with sensitive, acne-prone skin, I recommend the calendula cleanser.
Chicago , IL
Like this a lot. I love the peppermint-y smell when I apply it. I use this only 2-3 times a week for skin rejuvenation and mild exfoliating from the salicylic acid. Follow with a moisturizer and you're good to go. Lasts a long time since you only need a little
Abbeville, LA
Purchased at: Sephora
This face wash is doing an amazing job clearing up my acne caused by a change in hormones. I use it only at night. It doesnt get "foamy" as the bottle states, but it does produce a nice lather. My skin feels soft and washed, but not overly dry or pulled after use. I've had no drying and flaking issue like with other ance washes.