Kidstir

by Kidstir

We are moms who want to raise children who have a healthy and happy connection to food. We believe good food can be fun for kids—from shopping at the farmer’s market for ripe raspberries to cooking up a batch of homemade granola bars together in the kitchen. By educating and empowering our kids about food, we can prepare them to make smart, healthy choices, no matter what comes their way! That’s why we launched Kidstir.

We took our experiences as cookbook authors and chefs, and from Disney, Parents, Scholastic and Mattel, and developed an experience that kids and parents love. With our monthly hands-on kits, kids get to build their own cookbooks, try new foods, and learn all about where food comes from. They also will gain important life skills in the kitchen—and cook up some fun family memories!

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Kidstir!
How would you rate this product?
3 days agoTacoma
Not for those with food allergies (unless just peanut and treenut) and customer service unresponsive! I ordered a monthly subscription and paid for a cook book binder after reading the owners son has peanut allergies and that they work with families who have allergies and/or diet restrictions and offer substitutions whenever possible as well as many others post to social media suggestions. My youngest has life threatening dairy, egg, peanut and almond allergy. Each recipe was loaded in dairy with no substitutions listed. I emailed Kidstir to ask where to find the substitutions and to advise I did not receive the binder I paid for. They responded I did not subscribe for the 12 months and was not eligible for the free binder. Frustrated, I wrote back asking if they even read my email and informed (again) i paid for the binder and readdressed the allergy/substitution concerns. 3 days later, no response. I since cancelled my subscription and doubt I will get a refund on the binder I paid for and did not receive.
3 months ago
Sswhana haha snaps aha d g to go eat something different from here on a Saturday morning but it’s a great place for lunch or lunch and lunch lunch or lunch and go to the pizza and lunch and eat lunch here with friends here but it’s crowded here and they don’t want have anything going to
2 months agoBozeman, MT
This was such a fun a unique sub box for my kiddo! I wish it was set up more like a meal sub box with ingredients included. That would make it more immediately usable.
7 months ago
I find it to be a complete waste of money. I have been getting these kits now for 7 months and I might as well throw them away. You get a couple of recipe cards and two plastic kitchen tools for kids that are about that quality plus a whole lot of plastic green straw for shipping. Yesterdays was the worst. Some plastic piece of junk that I don't even remember and another piece of plastic to screw into a lemon to get the juice from it. Really? What ever happened to cutting it in half and using a citrus juicer? Junk. I want my child to learn the best way to maximize the juice from a lemon. Not by using their filler. What a waste of money and naturally I can't cancel my '"membership" from hell, I gave them my money. My ten year old loves getting the box but then they open it.
3 months agoBridgeton , NJ
I like it for kids it’s a nice subscription box would recommend for kids . Love it I wouldn’t improve this product I love it how it is good quality good everything love it would recommend to shop here
5 months agoNewport
Activities kept the kids busy and learning the whole time.  Pros: I could order 1 of the subscriptions.  My kids are only 13 months a part. So they both can use the subscription.
2 years ago
Not worth the price or packaging.
My first box had 3 small cookie cutters, same star shape but 3 sizes (small, smaller & tiny). I could get at the dollar store.

And a plastic frosting tube (again, maybe $5 item).

It also had a few recipe cards for cute cookies that were 3 hole-punched, but the "binder" would cost extra.

No dry ingredients, so I'd have to still go shopping to actually make any of this.  Which is fine but that's what I normally do in my life.  (And a $8 kids cookbook would have many similar recipes, and google would have a million free recipes, rather than a couple of loosleaf cards)

I'd advise others to spend their money for actual ingredients & gas to the grocery & dollar stores, and save the packaging.

Or, find a place that delivers actual ingredients if you know a family who is SUPER BUSY (what family isnt?) and would love to just have the box arrive, open & DO.

Not worth the price or packaging.

And a plastic frosting tube (again, maybe $5 item).

2 years agoWestlake, OH
My kids were gifted a full year subscription to Kidstir two Christmases ago. We loved every little gadget we got and every recipe we tried. They are easy to make with ingredients that are readily available and don’t require a ton of money or prep. The contents and recipes are appropriate for almost all ages (sometimes with a little extra parental support). This year, we gave our kids one more box that was a new collection since we had subscribed. They are so excited to get started! #GiftCrush
2 years agoEaton Rapids, MI
I tried this once for my nieces and I to try out. Its good for kids and learning about kitchen basics. I didnt stay with this box because I can go to the store and pretty much buy the same thing. It was a great experience and would encourage others to try it, but we won't be buying it again.
3 years agoBrooklyn, NY
This product has been an awesome addition to cooking with children. It comes it easy to follow instructions and kitchen tools that makes it easier to get the children involved and excited for cooking. I have been able to manipulate the box into cooking lessons with my younger scouts.