BY KIA MOTORS #15 in Cars

The all-new Kia Soul features a fresh and updated look, more power, and the same funky “outside of the box” demeanor consumers have come to love from the segment-leading compact crossover. Fine-tuned-for-2012 with a significant number of technology and powertrain enhancements, Kia’s iconic urban passenger vehicle now delivers class-leading horsepower and significantly improved fuel efficiency of up to 35 miles per gallon on the highway. see more...

Kia® Soul
  • "I recently rented one of the and although they are very cute and roomy, they are not very comfortable and the gas mileage is not the best would much rather have a truck for as much gas as your going to put in this car." in 27 reviews
  • "Very roomy, great gas mileage...I love the Bluetooth, controls on the steering wheel and actually having an arm rest now... On the 2012 it was considered an accessory and cost $150.... Definitely will be driving this for a long time...." in 9 reviews
  • "Love this car it works great in the winter ,excellent on gas and i love the sound system.I Would recommend this car to anyone " in 8 reviews
  • "I don't personally own one but my best friend does .its really roomy which is always a plus easy to drive and the radio speakers are prefect and even light up when music is playing " in 7 reviews
  • "My mom has the red one and it is just the cutest little car but don't let it fool you!" in 6 reviews
Case C.
Kirkland, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
we own a 2015 Kia Soul + . white with black stripes on it. car gets great gas mileage and is alot bigger than it looks. it's my wife's everyday car. great starter and family car with one child.
mallory b.
Ooltewah, TN
I like my 2014 Kia Soul. However, if i had known it was a 4 cylinder i wouldn't have gotten it. I was used to driving a Chevy Impala. When you hit a bump, hole, or rock in the road you feel it. Not a smooth ride. No CD player either. I feel like i should have shopped a little bit more. its what i have and it works for what i need it to.
Michelle G.
Villa Rica, GA
I love my Kia Soul! It looks rather small from the outside but the inside is very roomy! It also doesn't have many blind spots to worry about either. I have a chrome package on mine which really stands out against the silvery off green color. The gas mileage is fantastic and it handles extremely well.
Cristina L.
I love this car is great , is so cute, have enough space is a car but you feel like your driving a SUV is great a use to love SUV until I tried this cutie is good on gas and the power won't disappoint you comfortable seats
I just love it is great
Sara U.
Renton, Wa
I have wanted a Soul since they first came out. I won't be replacing my car until next summer but when I do, I have seriously considered one of these. I have rented them before so I know how it drives. It's comfortable and incredibly spacious; my dad is 6-foot-6 and he has PLENTY of room. The car has good handling and is super easy to park. I only experienced one problem and that was: going over railroad tracks. Granted, these ones were slightly elevated but the Soul did not handle it well. Regardless, it's a great, affordable, and fun car.

Edited May 2013: I bought my Kia Soul in January. I purchased the 2011 + model in black (with low miles too!). I have enjoyed driving this car. I still want to speak my praises for its spaciousness and comfortable handling, not to mention how cute it is! But after driving it for about five months, I can definitely say that the MPG is lackluster. Not only is the tank small (10-11 gallons), on average, expect to get less than 30 MPG, even on the highway. I made a drive from Wichita to Tulsa and used cruise control the whole time. Considering how aerodynamic (NOT) the Soul is, with the wind blowing at me the whole two hour drive, I got less than 20 MPG and worried about running out of gas on the highway! This is not what I had in mind when I thought about taking my Soul on a road trip. I have downgraded my review because I believe this car is meant for city-drivers. You're better off with a fuel-efficient rental if you're driving out of town.
Christina V.
I've had my 2013 Soul for a little over 2 months now and I couldn't be happier! I traded in my older Acura sedan and I can't believe how much nicer it feels to be higher up! I also transitioned from a manual transmission to an automatic! It's great! What I love about this car is that it's spacious, now I'm only 5'2" so take that with a grain of salt! My husband is closer to 6' and he is comfortable too. The seats fold down for additional storage room. The trunk itself is not huge, but I think would fit enough luggage for several people for several days.

I did a lot of research on cars and decided on the Soul because I could get basically everything I wanted in the base model. I love the power windows and locks, remote keyless entry and bluetooth. Oh, the bluetooth! It's great to be able to call someone when you're on the way (especially because where I live it's illegal to talk on your phone while driving), and listen to music. It even came in handy a few weeks ago for work when I needed to be on a conference call, but was driving from one office to another. I was able to be in on that call over the bluetooth! Awesome!

The gas mileage is great on highways, okay when I'm just driving around the city. It's a pretty new car, though, and I've read many reviews that say this will get better over time. Either way, it's still less for the unleaded than the plus I had to put in my last car!

I would absolutely recommend this car for people of all ages. The height makes it easy to get in and out of, the design may seem geared toward younger people but I actually see many older people driving it.

If I had one concern it would be that the back corner columns are rather thick and can cause blind spots while backing up. I am extra careful in crowded parking lots just in case.
Megan D.
Pelion, SC
We decided this would be a good buy for our daughter who was a new drive. Well turns out it had more recalls then all of the other vehicles I have ever owned. I was so happy the day we were able to trade it in. We were upside down but out of t.
Amanda V.
I just rented one of these bad boys to do a solo drive from NY to Alabama and I had my initial reservations but driving it I fell in love! It's so spacious and modern and comfortable and attractive and I couldn't say enough good things! Even my husband, who has a similar car that he swears by, had to admit he liked it a lot.
Kellee M.
Hereford , AZ
I had one of these as a rental for about a week. They get an ok, average, amount of gas mileage. I didn't really like the look of the car and the front windshield was very large. The seats weren't comfortable and it didn't ride very smooth. I'm thankful I just had this car as a rental.
Erin F.
Zephyrhills, FL
My parents have now owned 3 of these cars and absolutely love them. Their small enough to give them the great gas mileage they were looking for, but roomy enough for groceries and a few extra passengers.
Desiree A.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What color is your favorite? My friend loves the purple I kind of like the red.
Heather H.
Big Spring, TX
What color do you own? Or what color would you own?
Haylee H.
Anyone else think of the hamsters immediately when seeing this vehicle?!
Natasha C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is it only me that looks at the Souls and thinks of the hamsters driving in the commercials?
Amanda W.
Kansas City, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Do you like the different shape/design of the Soul? Or do you like a more traditional body on a car?