Top Questions See all 26 Q&A
- "I recently rented one of the and although they are very cute and roomy, they are not very comfortable and the gas mileage is not the best would much rather have a truck for as much gas as your going to put in this car." in 27 reviews
- "Very roomy, great gas mileage...I love the Bluetooth, controls on the steering wheel and actually having an arm rest now... On the 2012 it was considered an accessory and cost $150.... Definitely will be driving this for a long time...." in 9 reviews
- "Love this car it works great in the winter ,excellent on gas and i love the sound system.I Would recommend this car to anyone " in 8 reviews
- "I don't personally own one but my best friend does .its really roomy which is always a plus easy to drive and the radio speakers are prefect and even light up when music is playing " in 7 reviews
- "My mom has the red one and it is just the cutest little car but don't let it fool you!" in 6 reviews
I just love it is great
Edited May 2013: I bought my Kia Soul in January. I purchased the 2011 + model in black (with low miles too!). I have enjoyed driving this car. I still want to speak my praises for its spaciousness and comfortable handling, not to mention how cute it is! But after driving it for about five months, I can definitely say that the MPG is lackluster. Not only is the tank small (10-11 gallons), on average, expect to get less than 30 MPG, even on the highway. I made a drive from Wichita to Tulsa and used cruise control the whole time. Considering how aerodynamic (NOT) the Soul is, with the wind blowing at me the whole two hour drive, I got less than 20 MPG and worried about running out of gas on the highway! This is not what I had in mind when I thought about taking my Soul on a road trip. I have downgraded my review because I believe this car is meant for city-drivers. You're better off with a fuel-efficient rental if you're driving out of town.
I did a lot of research on cars and decided on the Soul because I could get basically everything I wanted in the base model. I love the power windows and locks, remote keyless entry and bluetooth. Oh, the bluetooth! It's great to be able to call someone when you're on the way (especially because where I live it's illegal to talk on your phone while driving), and listen to music. It even came in handy a few weeks ago for work when I needed to be on a conference call, but was driving from one office to another. I was able to be in on that call over the bluetooth! Awesome!
The gas mileage is great on highways, okay when I'm just driving around the city. It's a pretty new car, though, and I've read many reviews that say this will get better over time. Either way, it's still less for the unleaded than the plus I had to put in my last car!
I would absolutely recommend this car for people of all ages. The height makes it easy to get in and out of, the design may seem geared toward younger people but I actually see many older people driving it.
If I had one concern it would be that the back corner columns are rather thick and can cause blind spots while backing up. I am extra careful in crowded parking lots just in case.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos