Kia® Soul

The all-new Kia Soul features a fresh and updated look, more power, and the same funky “outside of the box” demeanor consumers have come to love from the segment-leading compact crossover. Fine-tuned-for-2012 with a significant number of technology and powertrain enhancements, Kia’s iconic urban passenger vehicle now delivers class-leading horsepower and significantly improved fuel efficiency of up to 35 miles per gallon on the highway.

What colour Soul did you buy?
How is it on gas and maintenance upkeep?
Things you don't like About it?
Start your review of Kia® Soul!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I recently rented one of the and although they are very cute and roomy, they are not very comfortable and the gas mileage is not the best would much rather have a truck for as much gas as your going to put in this car.” in reviews
“Very roomy, great gas mileage...I love the Bluetooth, controls on the steering wheel and actually having an arm rest now... On the 2012 it was considered an accessory and cost $150.... Definitely will be driving this for a long time....” in reviews
“Love this car it works great in the winter ,excellent on gas and i love the sound system.I Would recommend this car to anyone ” in reviews
“I don't personally own one but my best friend does .its really roomy which is always a plus easy to drive and the radio speakers are prefect and even light up when music is playing ” in reviews
“Lots of trunk space, I keep a stroller in the back and still have room for groceries.” in reviews
Rochester, NY
Kia® Soul uploaded by Shaynee E.
I have a 2018 Kia Soul Turbo. I purchased it used with >10k miles on it. This is my second Kia Soul. My first was a 2012 6 speed base model. It was my first brand new car and I bought it as a broke college student (which is why I chose the base model). I loved it so much! In the 7 years I owned the car I had minimal issues with it and when it was time to upgrade I did a lot of shopping around. I looked for months and I was so indecisive. My partner finally asked me, ‘if you could create your dream car what would it be/have?’ My response was ‘I want to keep my car but add bluetooth, heated seats, and a sunroof.’ I knew that I just wanted a new soul, but the 2020 remodel meant that all my ‘must haves’ put me at about a $29k price tag, which I wasn’t willing to pay. So, I waited another 2 months, checking pre-owned websites daily, until a used car in my price range came up, and (lucky me) it was the same color as my old soul: black! I went that day to the dealership and signed the papers. I couldn’t be happier!
Carrollton, OH
I love my Kia Soul. For having a small engine, this thing has some pep! It has great starting acceleration, and adequate power for passing. All of this is possible while also getting me 30mpg average in mixed driving. As far as reliability goes, it’s been nearly perfect, mostly just routine maintenance. I’m 6’5”, and I can fit 2 of me up front, and still fit 2 6’ adults in the back. Thanks to the boxy shape that turns some people off, I fit everything with ease. It’s quirky and I love it. I’d also like to mention for all the dads out there, the box can fit car seats for the kiddos 3 wide (though it’s pretty snug.) There’s one thing I’d change with it though. Even though it’s a small car, it has the looks of a small SUV/CUV. It would be AMAZING if, like those vehicles, there was an AWD version available. The mechanically identical Hyundai Kona has this, so it’s not a huge leap to ask for this. Overall I’d 100% recommend this car, just buy some great snow tires in the snowy months.
Wildwood , MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I wanted a Kia Soul from the minute I saw those Hamster commercials. I always thought the car would be fun to zip around in. It's so small yet big feeling on the inside to me. (I'm also 5'2" so that may have something to do with it.) The warranty you get from Kia is great, and we bought our first Soul brand new, traded it for a larger van when we needed it and then recently bought a certified used Soul which still has a fantastic warranty. The car is wonderful. I get great gas mileage, it has good get up and go and it's just really fun for me to drive. I can fit both of my toddler's car seat's in the back seat area just fine, but there unfortunately isn't room for anyone other than them in their two car seats. This works fine for what we need. We have a larger vehicle for all of the family. This was a dream car of mine, still is and never has disappointed me. I would buy another again. Highly recommend Kia and the Kia Soul.
Wichita, KS
Love, love, love the ease of getting in and out of my Kia Soul. It also has rear view camera which is the main reason I got it. Someone trying to perpetrate fraud upon me and my insurance company by saying I had actually hit them backing up played a huge part in getting a car with a rear view camera. (Thankfully, we were in a parking lot with cameras that proved they literally threw themselves on the ground and started screaming when I started to backup, proving they were lying.) Love the comfort Kia provides and my passengers, have said it's comfortable as well. I also appreciate the GPS and map finder. I use it practically every time I drive. The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of CD player. I'm old school that way. It does have everything you need to hook your own music player up to it via Bluetooth and MPS. Another plus in an already great car.
Santa Barbara, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have a Soul+ which I love because it has flashing lights around the speakers which new passengers always comment on. The little toaster fits way more than you would expect. I’ve moved myself from multiple apartments in one trip with this guy. Passengers always comment how spacious the car is as well. Another thing I love about it is that it’s short and compact— super easy to fit in tight spaces and parallel park. One downside is the exterior plastic superficial parts have come off- one on the side view mirror when I accidentally hit a cone and one on the passenger side door when I accidentally hit it when a shovel trying to dig my car out of the snow. Now, I realize these things wouldn’t have happened without my mistakes but it seems they’ve come off far too easily, and are difficult and expensive to replace.
I love my Kia Soul so much! I don't really know how to review a car, but here's what I love as a mom: -I get a ton of gas for a little bit of money. My gas lasts much longer than other cars I have owned (ford explorer, Dodge neon) -The space in the backseat and the trunk are both phenomenal. I have so much room for groceries, my carseat, my babies stroller, and passengers. The trunk also has this little lifty out bottom so I can store groceries in little compartments. -It heats up super fast for some reason. My baby never stands a chance at being cold.-It is a small, easy to park car, but still has a ton of room.-The radio speakers are bomb and I love the Bluetooth and hands free features.
Columbus, OH
I LOVE THIS CAR! It rides beautifully and the gas mileage is perfect for me, averaging around 30mpg. Definitely a smaller model which makes it easier to manuever. Additionally the height makes it feel less like a sports car and more like a van without the length. Plenty of storage for groceries and easy to clean. Interior is well made and maintained. Only thing I wish my car had is a rearview camera but looking over my shoulder isn't a problem. Unlike many vans there are very few blind spots. Altogether a very durable and safe vehicle. I would definitely recommend this model to any new driver or people looking for an affordable car with room for a decent number of people.
Medina ohio
I like it it drive Smith for a smaller SUV and I don't really do lot of far far driving but when I do I get VERY good gas mileage and for as small as they look on the outside omg there is so much room inside and there are even hidden storage compartments in the trunk I love my hampster car and the best feature I like is the panaramic sunroof my kids love it as well and also having a 10 inch display screen really helps out with viewing directions which was held for me to see on my other cars smaller little 4 inch screen over all I would recommend this car for a family of four or even just a single person or a coupe looking for a sub good on gas and lots of space
Spiro, OK
Mine is 2015 model, that I bought new in 2015, I love it. It’s spacious enough to comfortably fit 4 adults, 5 if they smaller, or thinner people. I have also fit 2 adults in the front seats and 3 kids in the back, one that was in a car seat. I’ve never had more than two car seats in the back, so I’m not sure if three would fit, but it’s not a tiny backseat. The trunk area is smaller to allow for the spacious backseat, however, you can lay down one side or both sides of the backseat to create more cargo space. It gets excellent gas mileage, and requires little upkeep other than regular oil changes. I’ve kept mine for 5 years, because I really really like it.
Jacksonville
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
For a small car it is actually roomy. The ride in the Kia Soul is good, you do hear road noise but not bad. The standard radio and speakers are good quality. The sound is good. Overall interior is nice. The layout of the everything is honestly nice, easy to work. The interior lighting was Red which I that was great😂. Something about the black interior with the red lighting just spoke to me. The trunk space was way bigger than I thought it would be, it actually dips out like a mini van trunk space. Cons: Not carseat friendly . 2 car seats take up the whole back seat, I could not put a diaper bag between the carseats.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...