Kia Motors

Anyone else notice that some Kias seem to blow air out of the vents even if you don't have the heat or A/C turned on? My early 2000s Kia Spectra and my mom's early 2000s Kia Sorento both have this issue, so I've been curious if other Kias do as well. I am always adjusting the temp dial even if I don't have the fans turned on!
Anyone have an Optima Hybrid?
Are the kias a good care??
Start your review of Kia Motors!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I do like it because it gets great gas mileage, but it is really small and it is hard to use it for anything other than going from point A to B because there is really no room.” in 13 reviews
“My first car was a Kia, over the past 10 years it has shifted its gears from being just a car to family member, being passed down to my mother and then my baby brother's family.” in 7 reviews
“in my house we have a sorrento and was very good, consuming relatively little and have good space, the problem was that he felt any difference often had the pavement and we needed something stronger!” in 6 reviews
“We have a kia, I love it, great gas mileage, we have 190k on our car and its still running as good as it did when we bought, Great quality car, and its low maintenance. ” in 6 reviews
“We have a 2014 KIA Forte it is a great car with lots of room and the company provides great costumer service but I find the stereo is weaker than my previous car and the window has spots that don't de fog ” in 5 reviews
Claremont, NC
Kia makes a nice looking car but the sales representatives are horrible! They told me they couldn't help me but Chevy and Toyota both got me approved. I ended up with Toyota not because of rates or anything like that, but because I was treated with decency and respect. Kia told me they cold do nothing and as a female I didn't realize what goes into pricing a car. I can respect that but I still know if I qualify for a loan and Kia won't ever have the privilege of knowing. For the record; I've bought to more cars from Toyota since that day and Kia just missed out big time.
Hawthorn Wds, IL
I recently rented a Kia Optima. It hat 16k on it at the time I rented it. It was a nice little car with a quick acceleration for a 4cylinder. The auto stick is a nice feature, but felt the shift should have been changed on it. To shift up you went up and to go down you shifted down. I see the logic, but other manufactures had it reversed which in drag racing cars is down for up and up for down shifting. The car didn't handle good either. You would feel every bump and around corners if you hit a bump it would actually hop around. It is an okay car to rent but not buy.
Las Vegas, NV
I have a hard time writing bad reviews on here, but I had to for this. Got a 2013 kia optima, after 40k miles the engine blew. I had receipts from oil changes and kia refused to pay for a new motor. That's just the beginning of the issues. The back windshield has had to be replaced because the defroster went, u have had 2 wheel barrings replaced (same one). The thermostat went in the car. The bolts in the trunk and the latch for the back seat is completely rusted. And kia response with "rust is not covered under warranty" this is a 3 year old car.
Warm Springs, GA
We bought a KIA Sorento back in Sept. of 2015 for our growing family. We are currently a family of 4 with a baby on the way. We Purchased the car thinking the back seat would be big enough for all the kids, but it was not. We had to upgrade even more and traded it in on a 4 runner a couple months ago, which fits all the seat perfectly. However, the people at KIA were awesome and never pressured us to do anything. Great customer service.
Charlotte, NC
I have driven lots of Hyundai, Ford, Chevrolet and whatever other makes most rental car companies carry. I travel a lot for work and I always get a rental car too. From driving all those cars I really liked the Kia cars! It's beautiful design on the outside and inside! The car handles well and fast pick up. I would suggest taking a Kia for a test drive next time you're on the market for a new car!
Oak Harbor, WA
Finding the right car is always difficult. So many options and searching the reviews and then having to like the body style. I appreciate how far Kia has come. Growing up I wanted a Kia Rio, but hadn't heard that Kia's were very dependable. The last few years I have heard better things about Kia. When the time came for me to choose a new car even I was surprised that I decided on a Kia. I love my forte.
Annapolis, MD
I got my first car ('09 Kia Spectra) as a hand me down from a parent and I've never had issues with it other than the everyday wear and tear of roadtrips and being a young teenager. I never went to the Kia dealership for maintenance, I always went local so I'm not sure they deal with customers or how their prices are. The car isn't the nicest but Kia has come a long way since '09, there are a lot nicer cars out nowadays.A friend of mine who comes from a family of Range Rovers and Mercedes', has a brand new Kia Sorento and LOVES it.
Fairbanks, AK
My parents had a Kia Sofia that they would let me drive occasionally while I was in high school. It was the biggest money pit ever. There was always something wrong with it. As soon as you fixed one thing something else would go wrong. I actually broke many things on that car just because of the poor structure. I refuse to own another Kia. The only thing going for them is the gas mileage.
Douglasville, GA
As a first time Kia owner, I am pleasantly surprised! I purchased a 2013 Kia Sorento (so used not new) with 39k miles and it is STILL under FULL warranty! The price and value combined with a sleek design really caught my eye, but driving it was the ultimate thing that sold me. It drives like amazingly well! No noise, smooth transitions from gears, and very comfortable! My only "complaint" was that I bought the top of the line model and it didn't have a remote lift tail gate (my 2007 Acadia did) and no DVD system. Other than that, it has everything you need!
El Paso, TX
I had a kia sorento for a few years, the first two were great but I had tons of recall issues and parts went bad a lot sooner than they should have. Next thing I knew I had to replace the transmission within the third year and hardly ever drove long trips with it. Longest trip i took was about two hours drive away from my town. Needless to say engine finally gave out and I just gave up on fixing it. Too much money to fix and just not at all worth the trouble of finding the parts or dealing with the rude people at the dealership in town.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...