KEVYN AUCOIN Making Faces uploaded by Tarrah T.

BY KEVYN AUCOIN

An inspiring book written by Kevyn Aucoin, sharing his unique, innovative tricks and techniques on makeup application. Kevyn Aucoin shares his secrets, explaining not only the basics of makeup application and technique but also how to use the fundamentals to create a wide range of different looks. In this book, he teaches tricks for enhancing, defining, and altering facial features with makeup, and shows you the true art of beauty. See various makeup looks and learn step-by-step instructions on how to achieve that look. Plus its size and gorgeous, modern cover makes it the perfect coffee table book for you and your guests. Kevyn Aucoin believes beauty is always in fashion; trends come and go, but true beauty transcends time. He has become a makeup legend painting and sculpting the faces of magazine cover models and celebrities including Cher, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Janet Jackson. He reveals true timeless beauty in a way no one had before or since. see more...

Chris M.
Amherst
This is one of many books that I have for makeup application instruction. I love Kevyn and anything I can get my hands on to ready regarding his life and the legacy he left is worth reading. Such an incredible book to help identify steps to really craft a beautiful face and look.
Ro T.
A must have book for makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts! He was one of the first makeup artists who started contouring. In his book, he goes over everything from eyebrows to creating perfecf lips to step by step instructions on how to achieve certain looks and illustrations...from edgy to classic, timeless and iconic. Highly recommend for beauty/ makeup junkies. 😊
Angel M.
El Paso, TX
As a cosmetologist in the working field, new techniques and products always cross my path. I can't get enough of them. This book lays down the basics is makeup artist. From the basics your hearts desire is the limit. "Making Faces" shows how to get started and what products to use. Every makeup lover should have this book.
Venus O.
Mequon, WI
KEVYN AUCOIN The Making Faces Beauty Book
Was the first product I ever purchased from this brand and I’m so happy I did. This was a lot of product for a very reasonable price. I love how it’s split into 3 chapters, each in its own magnetic book, and how detailed instruction are on the palettes themselves. This comes with everything you need for a full face and it is quality! I only gave 4 stars because it has limited range of colors for the eyes, 4 neutrals with shimmers in same shade. I highly recommend this!
Iris Y.
Kevin Acuoin is truly a inspiration to the beauty community. Making faces was the first beauty book i have ever bought and truly gave me the knowledge i needed when i first started doing makeup. He taught me the skills and tips i needed to start becoming a makeup artist! he has also changed my life.
Tarrah T.
I absolutely love this book so much!! A lot of people have said it has too much stuff of what they already know but I think I'm pretty educated in makeup and I still learned several tips and tricks from this book! It inspired me so much!! Highly recommend it!!
Brianne R.
An indispensable book for the beginner, as well as for the advanced makeup aficionado who wants to try something different. Late Makeup Artist Extraordinaire Kevyn Aucoin is generous with easy but thorough tips and advice while encouraging readers to be creative, and to do what looks beautiful to them. The types of looks featured in Aucoin's tutorials vary from bare-face looks to full-on glam and include women of all ages, as well as a quick and easy how-to for men who need to spiff up for the camera. The section featuring classic Hollywood makeup looks from the 1920's to the 1960's, complete with details for doing authentic looking brows and lips for each period, is an absolute must for vintage enthusiasts or anyone needing inspiration for a theme party. A+++!
Nicole D.
An amazing book that any makeup lover needs! Detailed explanations and also some insider tips and tricks. There's also a good amount of tutorials on here so you can practice for yourself.
Mindy P.
East Haven, CT
Every true makeup lover needs this book. Kevyn was waaaaay ahead of his time. He was baking before people knew it as a thing. He was working magic to transform faces. A true artist, this book offers insight to his personal diary as well as celeb testimonials. A must buy.
Rhianna L.
Ponchatoula, LA
I neex this in my lifeni cant keep up with the make up trends and new ways to do it and how people do it i read some of my friends and learnt new thinga
Victoria F.