BY KEURIG #4 in Coffeemakers

• I really want a keurig coffee machine but I don't know which one is...5 Answers
  • If you plan to use the reusable cups, is it worth it compared to a ...3 Answers
  • What is the benefit of using the Keurig mini versus the larger size...4 Answers
Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
  • "It's nice not to have to make a whole pot, and it's nice to be able to switch from coffee, to tea or hot chocolate if I wish." in 74 reviews
  • "It's the perfect size coffee maker for a single mom on-the-go who doesn't want to deal with a lot of loose coffee grounds, messy filters, broken carafes, etc..." in 65 reviews
  • "This product is great for anyone I'm not a big coffee drinker so it is perfect for us since one cup is really all you need" in 44 reviews
  • "However the Mini's biggest downfall is that it doesn't have a water reservoir- you have to put in the amount of water you want every time." in 43 reviews
  • "Doesnt take up a lot of space and makes just the right amount of coffee or hot chocolate for me without having the brew a whole pot" in 34 reviews
Emma M.
Emma M.
Leadwood, MO
received this product as a graduation gift shortly before leaving to college three years ago. As a heavy coffee drinker (4-6 cups a day), I have had the chance to use the coffee maker many times. The criteria I find most important in a coffee maker in order of importance are convenience, cost, variety of coffee, appearance and maintenance.

Convenience
When I decide I want coffee, I can have it in my mug and ready in less than two minutes. I bring my mug to the sink, fill it up, pour in the reservoir, slap in a K-Cup, press brew and my coffee is pouring out in 45 seconds. With that said, for only $20 more I could have had a Keurig with a multi-cup reservoir that pre-heats the water for faster brewing.

Cost
If you find you normally throw out extra coffee from their pot, this brewer will probably save you money. However, if you drink a lot of coffee, then expect to see spending go up; these K-Cups are expensive. $109 for the Keurig certainly is a fair price for a brewer, but I find a box of 24 cups priced at $13-$25 fairly steep compared a bag of traditional coffee. You can find bulk boxes for a better price on Amazon, at Costco and at Sam’s Club.

Variety of Coffee
The variety of coffee is not a problem. It seems that all major coffee distributers have realized they must sell a Keurig version. I personally prefer the “Donut Shop,” brand.

Appearance
This coffee maker fits in with any style. It’s sleek, small, and comes in 11 colors. Trust me, it matches.

Maintenance
Three years of heavy use and it still works great. Cleaning the machine is easy and quick. I can simply get a rag and wipe it down most times.

Overall, I love this product and would recommend it to anyone that wants a cup of coffee or two a day. If you drink more than that, but want the convenience of the Keurig, I suggest you consider the larger reservoir options.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Barbourville, KY
I enjoy my Keurig Mini. I live on a college campus so it's the perfect size for my room, which also makes it easy to take it home over a break if I want to. I enjoy that there's such a wide range of K-Cups to use with this and that we can even get the little reusable cup that we can fill with bagged coffee. However, I do have a few complaints... One is the sizing of the area where the cup sits, it seems a lot of cups and mugs are too tall for it even when you take out the drop tray. My next complaint is a little more serious as I thought my machine was broke at first... Apparently, hard water had made some build up happen that was preventing it from brewing. I tried to many of the tricks online such as the paperclip and nothing was working. I had to turn my machine upside down with vinegar in it for hours to finally fix this issue. I wish there was something done about this other than having to purchase the descaling solution or a filter pitcher. The bigger machines are able to have filters put in them that last months at a time depending on use and I wish something like that was available for this one or that something was built in automatically. I didn't have or use my machine long or much before this happened so it's annoying that it happens so quickly.
Corey H.
Corey H.
Brooklyn, NY
This Keurig is the greatest thing I have ever gotten. It is the perfect size for my small apartment kitchen and is super easy to use. I share an apartment with my significant other so it always seemed like a waste to brew a small pot of coffee for only two people, but the Keurig solved that. We just both make a single cup of coffee for ourselves and we're set. Even when I wake up late in the morning, I can put in a K-Cup and by the time I'm dressed, I can grab my coffee and be on my way. The one thing that I wish the K15 had was an external water indicator so I could see how much water is in the machine before I brew a cup. I'm just afraid that I will put in too much water and the cup will overflow. But even in the off chance that it does overflow, the K15 has a drip tray for exactly that problem!
Caprice D.
Caprice D.
I know so many people have issues with their Keurigs, but I've had mine for two years and have never had any issues. I got this as a gift for my dorm room. I have it in aqua and I love the color of it because it matches my room perfectly. I don't think the machines are too expensive, however the K-Cups can get expensive, so I'd recommend getting a reusable one. I don't mind having to refill it for each use, however the one thing I dislike about it is that you cannot place a travel mug or anything much taller than a mug underneath it. This is a bit annoying because I either have to tilt the mug and hold it there until it fills or have it fill into another mug and then pour it into my travel mug. Otherwise, I have no complaints.
Andrea A.
Andrea A.
Foodie Expert
I don't have very many good things to say about this product so I'll keep it short. This was my first single serve and Keurig product. It made me feel like I was wasting K-Cups because I would only get a small cup (the smallest mug because nothing else would fit.t) out of it. This was for my dorm room with communal hall bathroom/showers. I would buy cases of water bottles to fill it every time I made a cup because I would have to go to the bathroom, fill my mug, take it back, and make my coffee. It was quite expensive them but with the newer systems out you can buy a fairly good Keurig brewer for less! I purchased the Mr. Coffee brewer shortly after not willing to spend any more money and was very much so satisfied.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Charlottesville, VA
Works fine for what I use it for- the occasional cup of coffee. Received free from a friend, so I wouldn't have purchased it myself, otherwise. It is a bit hard to clean and I can't remove the mineral deposits in the part where water is added. If I were to buy a Keurig myself, it would be one with the water reservoir so that I didn't have to add water every time. It's hard not to spill it all over and if you have the part where the K-cup goes closed, the water leaks all over. But again, I don't drink coffee every day, so it's a convenient product to have on hand and I like that I can use the reusable K-cup thing to add coffee grounds to instead of using all those wasteful cups!
Maria S.
Maria S.
I absolutely love this. I use it everyday to make coffee or tea. I love it because I don't have to make it in a pot and I can just stick my mug under it and go. I am a little disappointed we didn't get the 2.0 though because it would be nice to have the caraffe too. While I think the product feels a little cheaply made it's never had issues in my experience and I've had it for several months now. It's insanely easy and fast to use too. water, k cup, mug, and go. While buying the K-Cups is a little more expensive than a bag of coffee I think it's worth it because I use it way more often. I am looking to buy the reusable ones though. I just haven't got to it yet.
Lea K.
Lea K.
New Bedford, MA
This is a perfect little coffee maker for college. On your way to class? Need a quick pick me up? This saved my but from trips to the dining hall on multiple occasions because I could keep it in my dorm room and I just needed to pop in a K cup. My biggest issue with this is how wasteful each individual K cup is, but using a reusable cup works well. Plus, with a reusable cup you can cut down on cost by buying regular coffee rather than the individual cups. One thing to watch out for is if you overflow the top part, it runs into a little holder at the bottom and if that gets too full, it will leak water everywhere. But other than that it's a great product!
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Leominster, MA
I love my Keurig! I got it when I went off to college and it's awesome. I'll start with the cons: There's no water reservoir, so you have to put water in every time you want coffee, but I can handle that. Also, the water level indicators are really hard to read. I can never tell how much I'm making so I just guess and hope for the best. Pros: makes some HOT coffee!!! It has to sit for a good few min to cool, and that's awesome. No one likes lukewarm coffee. Another Pro: the K-cups are awesome. They make all different ones from cocoa to even soup! it makes a nice quick meal for a college student! I recommend highly!
Bonnie F.
Bonnie F.
Nashville, TN
I like the single serving size of this model but I've had a bit of trouble with water not draining into the machine despite lifting the silver part all the way up. Sometimes it works, other times it only gets about 85%. I do wish it had some vents around it so if I forget to take out the K-cup it would air out instead of collect moisture. I really like this keurig but also wish that it allowed travel size mugs to fit under the disposer. Having to fill a normal cup and transfer it to a travel mug gets a bit messy first thing in the morning. As much as I like this, I feel like it has a lot of room to grow! :)
Alicia C.
Alicia C.
Germantown, MD
Do you find K-Cups to be expensive? Have you found discounts? If so, what stores?
julie c.
julie c.
Margate, FL
I've been debating buying one for a long time are they worth the money is the coffee good I like mine strong and how expensive are the pods thanks
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Which colour Keurig brewer do you own ?
Michela D.
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Foodie Expert
What is your favorite flavor of K-Cups?
Ethel B.
Ethel B.
Philadelphia, PA
How long have you had your Keurig K-cup brewer?