BY KEURIG #5 in Coffeemakers

• I really want a keurig coffee machine but I don't know which one ...5 Answers
  • Do you find K-Cups to be expensive? Have you found discounts? If ...27 Answers
  • Hey everyone so ive been thinking of getting one of these keurig ...5 Answers
Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
  • "It's nice not to have to make a whole pot, and it's nice to be able to switch from coffee, to tea or hot chocolate if I wish." in 74 reviews
  • "It's the perfect size coffee maker for a single mom on-the-go who doesn't want to deal with a lot of loose coffee grounds, messy filters, broken carafes, etc..." in 65 reviews
  • "This product is great for anyone I'm not a big coffee drinker so it is perfect for us since one cup is really all you need" in 44 reviews
  • "However the Mini's biggest downfall is that it doesn't have a water reservoir- you have to put in the amount of water you want every time." in 43 reviews
  • "Doesnt take up a lot of space and makes just the right amount of coffee or hot chocolate for me without having the brew a whole pot" in 34 reviews
Emma M.
Emma M.
Leadwood, MO
received this product as a graduation gift shortly before leaving to college three years ago. As a heavy coffee drinker (4-6 cups a day), I have had the chance to use the coffee maker many times. The criteria I find most important in a coffee maker in order of importance are convenience, cost, variety of coffee, appearance and maintenance.

Convenience
When I decide I want coffee, I can have it in my mug and ready in less than two minutes. I bring my mug to the sink, fill it up, pour in the reservoir, slap in a K-Cup, press brew and my coffee is pouring out in 45 seconds. With that said, for only $20 more I could have had a Keurig with a multi-cup reservoir that pre-heats the water for faster brewing.

Cost
If you find you normally throw out extra coffee from their pot, this brewer will probably save you money. However, if you drink a lot of coffee, then expect to see spending go up; these K-Cups are expensive. $109 for the Keurig certainly is a fair price for a brewer, but I find a box of 24 cups priced at $13-$25 fairly steep compared a bag of traditional coffee. You can find bulk boxes for a better price on Amazon, at Costco and at Sam’s Club.

Variety of Coffee
The variety of coffee is not a problem. It seems that all major coffee distributers have realized they must sell a Keurig version. I personally prefer the “Donut Shop,” brand.

Appearance
This coffee maker fits in with any style. It’s sleek, small, and comes in 11 colors. Trust me, it matches.

Maintenance
Three years of heavy use and it still works great. Cleaning the machine is easy and quick. I can simply get a rag and wipe it down most times.

Overall, I love this product and would recommend it to anyone that wants a cup of coffee or two a day. If you drink more than that, but want the convenience of the Keurig, I suggest you consider the larger reservoir options.
Caprice D.
Caprice D.
I know so many people have issues with their Keurigs, but I've had mine for two years and have never had any issues. I got this as a gift for my dorm room. I have it in aqua and I love the color of it because it matches my room perfectly. I don't think the machines are too expensive, however the K-Cups can get expensive, so I'd recommend getting a reusable one. I don't mind having to refill it for each use, however the one thing I dislike about it is that you cannot place a travel mug or anything much taller than a mug underneath it. This is a bit annoying because I either have to tilt the mug and hold it there until it fills or have it fill into another mug and then pour it into my travel mug. Otherwise, I have no complaints.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Charlottesville, VA
Works fine for what I use it for- the occasional cup of coffee. Received free from a friend, so I wouldn't have purchased it myself, otherwise. It is a bit hard to clean and I can't remove the mineral deposits in the part where water is added. If I were to buy a Keurig myself, it would be one with the water reservoir so that I didn't have to add water every time. It's hard not to spill it all over and if you have the part where the K-cup goes closed, the water leaks all over. But again, I don't drink coffee every day, so it's a convenient product to have on hand and I like that I can use the reusable K-cup thing to add coffee grounds to instead of using all those wasteful cups!
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Amherst, MA
Foodie Expert
I love my Keurig! I got it when I went off to college and it's awesome. I'll start with the cons: There's no water reservoir, so you have to put water in every time you want coffee, but I can handle that. Also, the water level indicators are really hard to read. I can never tell how much I'm making so I just guess and hope for the best. Pros: makes some HOT coffee!!! It has to sit for a good few min to cool, and that's awesome. No one likes lukewarm coffee. Another Pro: the K-cups are awesome. They make all different ones from cocoa to even soup! it makes a nice quick meal for a college student! I recommend highly!
Evelyn C.
Evelyn C.
Burlington, NJ
I absolutely love my kerig i have been using it for over a year now. I love that it comes in many different colors. My kitchen was red themed so I got the red kerig mini! It allows me to make coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cappuccino! I was cOncerned that I wOuLd never be able to make coffee the regular way again because some of my favorite coffee still did not come in k-cups yet But of course they thought about that's when making this machine. It actually has an additional feature which allows you to insert an empty cup inside and add your favorite ground coffee.. Awesome product!
Jessye W.
Jessye W.
Cincinnati, OH
Foodie Expert
Keutigs are super convenient because they allow you to make one cup of coffee as opposed to a whole pot. I got my mini for my office because there's not too many of us that drink coffee. It's very easy to use though you do have to put water in every time you use it. There's only one button (not size options like the higher models) you decide the amount brewed by how much water you put in. The only downside is that k-cups are bad for the environment, but they're starting to make them a bit better so they don't create as much waste.
Sarah J.
Sarah J.
Phoenix, AZ
Foodie Expert
I am confused as to how one review mentioned this product was economical. It really isn't. I got this as a gift and used it for a few weeks and had very high hopes for it. Unfortunately, if you truly like coffee and you're a coffee connoisseur, then this product is most definitely not for you. You may go shopping for K-cups looking for discounts but seriously? at the end of the day that is just stressful. Unless you got the extra cash and truly feel its worth the money. I felt like I wasted way too much money on this.
Liz G.
Liz G.
Green valley, AZ
Foodie Expert
We bought this one when our bigger one died on us. We live these coffee makers but we don't have good luck with them I guess. We don't even drink much coffee. This one stopped working correctly too (even after maintenance as instructed). You'd out on 8 ounces of water and only 4 came out type of thing. After we cleaned it it worked fine. It's still clogged sometimes though no matter how many times we maintenance it. And these are kind of a pain to keep clean.
Christine W.
Christine W.
Foodie Expert
I got this as a Christmas present 2 years ago. It still works just like the first day. I love how quick it is and is easy to use. It's affordable in the aspect of how much money I save buy coffee every day. I love the pods and use it daily. I wish I would've got the big one as I typically drink a lot of coffee and this makes under 10 ounces typically. Basically a small coffee cup. Other than that I love it!
Sarah Grace D.
Sarah Grace D.
Brownsville, KY
Foodie Expert
I love my Keurig Mini! Since its just my husband and I and neither one of us drink more than one cup at any time it's just perfect for us. Even if we have company over and they want coffee, it brews super fast and already has the flavor they want. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you have limited counter space and need one that doesn't take up much room.
Alicia C.
Alicia C.
Germantown, MD
Do you find K-Cups to be expensive? Have you found discounts? If so, what stores?
julie c.
julie c.
Margate, FL
I've been debating buying one for a long time are they worth the money is the coffee good I like mine strong and how expensive are the pods thanks
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Which colour Keurig brewer do you own ?
Michela D.
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Foodie Expert
What is your favorite flavor of K-Cups?
Ethel B.
Ethel B.
Philadelphia, PA
How long have you had your Keurig K-cup brewer?