Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40

by Keurig

#2 in Coffeemakers

First cup. Fourth cup - with keurig, it's always a fresh cup. The elite brewing system brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of three cup sizes, the elite brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs

Is this easy to clean?
Is cleaning maintenance easy ? Is there a longevity for product itself ?
How good does this keurig work is it easy to use ? really want one!
Start your review of Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I absolutely love my kuerig and the fact it has so many uses not only making teas, coffee, and hot chocolate but you can use it to make your oatmeal or Raman noodles ” in 15 reviews
“I seriously use this for anything I need hot water for, coffee, tea (loose or packaged), and best of all, being the college student I am, ramen noodles.” in 8 reviews
Gilbert
This was a replacement for previous Keurig that we owned for 7 years. Our previous model had a 52oz reservoir and toward the end (the last year or so) I had to prime the connection between the reservoir and the unit by removing the reservoir and wiping my finger on the intake port EVERY TIME. So needless to say I don't have to do this any more! I have used "the Elite" now for 5 months and really like it. I really like the larger reservoir (72oz) and it DOES make a difference and the additional cup sizes. I am finding that on this particular model it's just easier to fill the reservoir with another container rather than remove from the base because for some reason, replacing the reservoir is just a "tiny bit" more awkward than my last model. The auto-on feature does seem a little flaky....I have it set to come on at 5:30 and stay on for 120 minutes...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought that it must be something I am doing, but I saw another reviewer mention the same thing so thought that I would mention this also. But this is not a big deal because I can simply press the "on" button and it does not take a long time to heat up. Another thing that I noticed that I really like is that even if it's not ready to brew, if you press the "on" button first, THEN put your K-cup in and select the cup size, you can just walk away and it will automatically start to brew once it's ready...only a little over a minute or so. I mention this because I would have to reset the K-cup on my last brewer by activating the handle again AFTER the water was hot. Since I do not have to do this, this is actually my favorite improvement and it greatly mitigates the fact the the "auto-on" feature sometimes does not activate. I would buy this product again
Kearneysville, WV
My current coffee maker that I love so much! I almost can't remember what life was like before this coffee maker. It is great for one or two people who enjoy drinking a hot beverage such as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Its great for a quick drink. If you aren't interested in a clock or s timer this is great for you. I turn it on and in less than 2 minutes it is ready for me to put my coffee pod in and select my cup. The cup seizes are perfect for regular size and medium cups and it leaves room for creamer. If you stent someone who adds creamer to your coffee and would prefer it to give you more coffee in your cup than this one is great for you. I have had mine for over s year now and it has been great for me. I don't need any extras since I am the only one in my family who uses it. Great product and a great ptice.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Probably one of the best coffee makers I have ever owned in my life!  I was previously using a standard coffee maker because I could never afford a Keurig.  Then I got lucky and found one on sale for $30 due to a massive overstock.  I could finally afford one!  It is so much better than making a full pot each time I only want a cup or two of coffee.  The best part is that I didn't have to give up my regular coffee simply because it wasn't in a K-cup form.  I was able to find reusable cups for less than $2.50 each!  Since I'm the only one that drinks coffee in my household, it was the perfect fit for me.  It also allows me to purchase small boxes of cups I might be interested in to see if I like them.  I love this machine and can't fathom what I did before it!
Las Vegas
I've purchased at least 5 or 6 Keurig machines over the years and I will continue buying. They are so convenient and when kept clean and full of water they perform for years. They are a little expensive based on how expensive the Kcups are. Keurigs are very handy but get pricey when you look at total cost. Also Keurig needs to fix two issues. The first is that it seems to require quite a bit of cleaning, which I'm assuming is because of water quality issues. But we only use bottled water in ours yet it still needs vinegar cleanings about every 3 months. An alternative to vinegar needs to be found. That stuff is nasty. Second issue is that if it runs out if water it takes about 6 cup cycles to give the proper amount of water in each cup.
Hulbert
Im a big coffee drinker a big portion of the world is and just like we love our coffee a big portion of the world also have families of small children. Speaking from personal experience my boys can be handfuls coffee is my sidekick and when im running after 2 toddlers i really dont have time to make a whole other cup and repeat cycle its an extra hassle to my already chaotic morning now if you're a new couple without kids or even a family with teens and you only drink a cup a day then i definitely recommend this but for those bigger families still mastering their toddler skills i would stick with the pot of coffee it's less hassle to just pour and go.
Lexington, SC
Nothing better than having a perfect cup of coffee every single time you approached the coffee pot. That is what Keurig has done for us coffee addicts of the world! Used to be I would have to make at least a half of a pot of coffee...rinse the old coffee out of the pot, add fresh water, find a filter, measure out just the right amount of coffee for the amount of water you've already added, then park yourself against the counter for at least 8 minutes waiting for the coffee to brew. How did we do it for so long before the Keurig came along? Thank you, Keurig...just, Thank You! Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40
Philadelphia, PA
I love my Keurig! I start my morning off everyday using it! I've always used a regular "old fashioned" coffee pot and I know I'm late to the game but I would never go back to that after using my Keurig! It's the perfect size for me, so convenient, easy to clean up, and easy to use! I don't always buy the k-cups because I can use my reusable plastic k-cup, that I bought separately, and fill it up with regular coffee. When using it my coffee comes out perfect! I would definitely recommend a Keurig to anyone that is debating rather or not making the switch to get one or not; you won't be disappointed!
Hopatcong, NJ
This model makes three different cup sizes, has a water reservoir that holds approximately 3 larges cups in it. There's a drip tray at the bottom which will hold an entire cup if you're like me and somehow manage to forget to put a cup under it.

This is great for basic coffee, I use reusable containers to make a single cup in the morning.  I recently had to replace mine. The motor died in less than a year despite regular cleaning and using only filtered water. My previous model lasted 5 years before the pump finally died.  My current model is about 3 months old with no issues but the quality has definitely diminished over time. The good news is keurigs are so cheap now they're basically replaceable.

Ringgold, GA
I really liked this k-cup coffee maker but it is kind of large and takes up counter space. If you have a tiny kitchen like I do, it gets in the way. It brews well but often it gets inconsistent with the amount of liquid that fills to the cup. I like all the options for the settings. The drip tray is easy to clean. It is reasonably fast and the coffee tastes great. Overall , it's great. My only thumbs down is how big it is and how much counter space it takes up. I found something smaller and took the Keurig to work because our work Keurig died.
Lawrence
I tried several coffee maker brands, three in total in the last few months. They were okay and did the job, but I was not completely satisfied and said so in my reviews. But this Keurig Classic does it's job. It's clean, no mess, no fuss. I purchased plastic filter cups so that I may use my own grounds, when I choose too. The heating and brew cycles are quick and effective, so waiting isn't an issue. Nice, clean-tasting, hot coffee is exactly what I needed my coffee maker to do. And this machine does that. A great value for the price!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Edmonton, AB