Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40

by Keurig

#2 in Coffeemakers

First cup. Fourth cup - with keurig, it's always a fresh cup. The elite brewing system brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of three cup sizes, the elite brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs

Does this work good for yall?
How often do you clean your keurig??
Does this product actually work and can you use any size cup? And do you have to manually stop the machine from pouring the coffee or does it automatically do that?
Start your review of Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I absolutely love my kuerig and the fact it has so many uses not only making teas, coffee, and hot chocolate but you can use it to make your oatmeal or Raman noodles ” in 15 reviews
“I seriously use this for anything I need hot water for, coffee, tea (loose or packaged), and best of all, being the college student I am, ramen noodles.” in 8 reviews
Gilbert
This was a replacement for previous Keurig that we owned for 7 years. Our previous model had a 52oz reservoir and toward the end (the last year or so) I had to prime the connection between the reservoir and the unit by removing the reservoir and wiping my finger on the intake port EVERY TIME. So needless to say I don't have to do this any more! I have used "the Elite" now for 5 months and really like it. I really like the larger reservoir (72oz) and it DOES make a difference and the additional cup sizes. I am finding that on this particular model it's just easier to fill the reservoir with another container rather than remove from the base because for some reason, replacing the reservoir is just a "tiny bit" more awkward than my last model. The auto-on feature does seem a little flaky....I have it set to come on at 5:30 and stay on for 120 minutes...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought that it must be something I am doing, but I saw another reviewer mention the same thing so thought that I would mention this also. But this is not a big deal because I can simply press the "on" button and it does not take a long time to heat up. Another thing that I noticed that I really like is that even if it's not ready to brew, if you press the "on" button first, THEN put your K-cup in and select the cup size, you can just walk away and it will automatically start to brew once it's ready...only a little over a minute or so. I mention this because I would have to reset the K-cup on my last brewer by activating the handle again AFTER the water was hot. Since I do not have to do this, this is actually my favorite improvement and it greatly mitigates the fact the the "auto-on" feature sometimes does not activate. I would buy this product again
Middleway, WV
My current coffee maker that I love so much! I almost can't remember what life was like before this coffee maker. It is great for one or two people who enjoy drinking a hot beverage such as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Its great for a quick drink. If you aren't interested in a clock or s timer this is great for you. I turn it on and in less than 2 minutes it is ready for me to put my coffee pod in and select my cup. The cup seizes are perfect for regular size and medium cups and it leaves room for creamer. If you stent someone who adds creamer to your coffee and would prefer it to give you more coffee in your cup than this one is great for you. I have had mine for over s year now and it has been great for me. I don't need any extras since I am the only one in my family who uses it. Great product and a great ptice.
Las Vegas
I've purchased at least 5 or 6 Keurig machines over the years and I will continue buying. They are so convenient and when kept clean and full of water they perform for years. They are a little expensive based on how expensive the Kcups are. Keurigs are very handy but get pricey when you look at total cost. Also Keurig needs to fix two issues. The first is that it seems to require quite a bit of cleaning, which I'm assuming is because of water quality issues. But we only use bottled water in ours yet it still needs vinegar cleanings about every 3 months. An alternative to vinegar needs to be found. That stuff is nasty. Second issue is that if it runs out if water it takes about 6 cup cycles to give the proper amount of water in each cup.
Muskogee
Im a big coffee drinker a big portion of the world is and just like we love our coffee a big portion of the world also have families of small children. Speaking from personal experience my boys can be handfuls coffee is my sidekick and when im running after 2 toddlers i really dont have time to make a whole other cup and repeat cycle its an extra hassle to my already chaotic morning now if you're a new couple without kids or even a family with teens and you only drink a cup a day then i definitely recommend this but for those bigger families still mastering their toddler skills i would stick with the pot of coffee it's less hassle to just pour and go.
Lexington, SC
Nothing better than having a perfect cup of coffee every single time you approached the coffee pot. That is what Keurig has done for us coffee addicts of the world! Used to be I would have to make at least a half of a pot of coffee...rinse the old coffee out of the pot, add fresh water, find a filter, measure out just the right amount of coffee for the amount of water you've already added, then park yourself against the counter for at least 8 minutes waiting for the coffee to brew. How did we do it for so long before the Keurig came along? Thank you, Keurig...just, Thank You! Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40
Organic, Sugar Free, Paleo
Hopatcong, NJ
This model makes three different cup sizes, has a water reservoir that holds approximately 3 larges cups in it. There's a drip tray at the bottom which will hold an entire cup if you're like me and somehow manage to forget to put a cup under it.

This is great for basic coffee, I use reusable containers to make a single cup in the morning.  I recently had to replace mine. The motor died in less than a year despite regular cleaning and using only filtered water. My previous model lasted 5 years before the pump finally died.  My current model is about 3 months old with no issues but the quality has definitely diminished over time. The good news is keurigs are so cheap now they're basically replaceable.

Vegetarian
Pacifica
I looooove my Keurig! It’s perfect for a quick cup of coffee to go or even just to sip on in the morning! It comes with a variety of pods and although a bit pricey, it is worth every single penny! I recommend this for my coffee lovers that love to try new devices for coffee! It’s super easy to use and clean. I recommend cleaning it here and there because it does hold water and coffee grounds. Between each new coffee pod, simply run water through it to clean it for the next cup!
No Special Diet
 My husband and I have busy mornings and usually take our coffee or tea on the go . At first we were hesitant about the single cup brewing system becuase we both wanted something to drink in the morning and we worried that we would need to wait for one another to brew their single cup thus making each other late. To our surprise, we love it ! it brews so quickly and i love that we can switch up our k-cup with different brands and flavors. We are never going back to the traditional coffee maker.
Organic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
jupiter
this thing is great don’t get me wrong. however it takes awhile for it to start up in the morning, the water has to be refilled pretty often as 5 people in my house have multiple cups of coffee every day, that can get annoying. we’ve had it for years and it’s lasted but recently our top broke and it’s a pain to manually have to do some things to get it to work. it drips constantly after the coffee is done brewing and the cup sizes could be a little more extensive.
Dairy Free
Ypsilanti, MI
While it may not make the best tasting cup of coffee it is definitely the winner in my book when it comes to convenience. It makes a decent cup of coffee in no time at all which is perfect for hectic mornings. K cups can be pricey unless found on sale but are available in just about any variety or flavor you could ask for. I like that the elite has a water reservoir so I don't have to refill every time I want a cup of coffee, and it lets me choose a cup size.
Low Carb
Ask a question to the Influenster community...