Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40

by Keurig

#1 in Coffeemakers

First cup. Fourth cup - with keurig, it's always a fresh cup. The elite brewing system brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of three cup sizes, the elite brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs

Does this product actually work and can you use any size cup? And do you have to manually stop the machine from pouring the coffee or does it automatically do that?
Does the different cup size effect how strong the coffee comes out?
Start your review of Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I absolutely love my kuerig and the fact it has so many uses not only making teas, coffee, and hot chocolate but you can use it to make your oatmeal or Raman noodles ” in 15 reviews
“I seriously use this for anything I need hot water for, coffee, tea (loose or packaged), and best of all, being the college student I am, ramen noodles.” in 8 reviews
Gilbert
This was a replacement for previous Keurig that we owned for 7 years. Our previous model had a 52oz reservoir and toward the end (the last year or so) I had to prime the connection between the reservoir and the unit by removing the reservoir and wiping my finger on the intake port EVERY TIME. So needless to say I don't have to do this any more! I have used "the Elite" now for 5 months and really like it. I really like the larger reservoir (72oz) and it DOES make a difference and the additional cup sizes. I am finding that on this particular model it's just easier to fill the reservoir with another container rather than remove from the base because for some reason, replacing the reservoir is just a "tiny bit" more awkward than my last model. The auto-on feature does seem a little flaky....I have it set to come on at 5:30 and stay on for 120 minutes...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought that it must be something I am doing, but I saw another reviewer mention the same thing so thought that I would mention this also. But this is not a big deal because I can simply press the "on" button and it does not take a long time to heat up. Another thing that I noticed that I really like is that even if it's not ready to brew, if you press the "on" button first, THEN put your K-cup in and select the cup size, you can just walk away and it will automatically start to brew once it's ready...only a little over a minute or so. I mention this because I would have to reset the K-cup on my last brewer by activating the handle again AFTER the water was hot. Since I do not have to do this, this is actually my favorite improvement and it greatly mitigates the fact the the "auto-on" feature sometimes does not activate. I would buy this product again
Middleway, WV
My current coffee maker that I love so much! I almost can't remember what life was like before this coffee maker. It is great for one or two people who enjoy drinking a hot beverage such as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Its great for a quick drink. If you aren't interested in a clock or s timer this is great for you. I turn it on and in less than 2 minutes it is ready for me to put my coffee pod in and select my cup. The cup seizes are perfect for regular size and medium cups and it leaves room for creamer. If you stent someone who adds creamer to your coffee and would prefer it to give you more coffee in your cup than this one is great for you. I have had mine for over s year now and it has been great for me. I don't need any extras since I am the only one in my family who uses it. Great product and a great ptice.
Lexington, SC
Nothing better than having a perfect cup of coffee every single time you approached the coffee pot. That is what Keurig has done for us coffee addicts of the world! Used to be I would have to make at least a half of a pot of coffee...rinse the old coffee out of the pot, add fresh water, find a filter, measure out just the right amount of coffee for the amount of water you've already added, then park yourself against the counter for at least 8 minutes waiting for the coffee to brew. How did we do it for so long before the Keurig came along? Thank you, Keurig...just, Thank You! Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40
Organic, Sugar Free, Paleo
Hopatcong, NJ
This model makes three different cup sizes, has a water reservoir that holds approximately 3 larges cups in it. There's a drip tray at the bottom which will hold an entire cup if you're like me and somehow manage to forget to put a cup under it.

This is great for basic coffee, I use reusable containers to make a single cup in the morning.  I recently had to replace mine. The motor died in less than a year despite regular cleaning and using only filtered water. My previous model lasted 5 years before the pump finally died.  My current model is about 3 months old with no issues but the quality has definitely diminished over time. The good news is keurigs are so cheap now they're basically replaceable.

Vegetarian
Berwyn, IL
 My husband and I have busy mornings and usually take our coffee or tea on the go . At first we were hesitant about the single cup brewing system becuase we both wanted something to drink in the morning and we worried that we would need to wait for one another to brew their single cup thus making each other late. To our surprise, we love it ! it brews so quickly and i love that we can switch up our k-cup with different brands and flavors. We are never going back to the traditional coffee maker.
Organic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
I recently bought this for my significant other. I decided to go with the single cup brewing system because he is the only one who drinks coffee and he will only have a cup a day so it seemed a better choice than a system that makes a whole pot where half of the pot will go to waste.  This machine is super easy to use, the directions are very easy to follow. I definitely recommend this to people who lie coffee but don't drink a whole lot of it!
No Special Diet
I love the idea of easily popping in a pod and pushing a button to get a quick, fresh cup of coffee. In reality you get a small cup of extra warm coffee. You can drink it as soon as it's made and it's perfect temperature. If you add cream it's barely warm. If you like the hot hot coffee this is not for you. I have coffee cups that came with my dishes and this makes 3/4 of a cup. If you like a small cup of warm coffee this is definitely for you!
No Special Diet
I really don't like Keurigs at all, but that's only because my and my husband drink a lot of coffee in the mornings so we feel like we get more use out of brewing a fresh pot of coffee and then are able to drink multiple cups from the same pot, instead of using up 4 or 5 k cups in the morning. Keurigs are great for people though for how easy they are to use/ makes the perfect single portion, so if you drink one cup a day, this is perfect for you!
Vegetarian, Organic, Low Carb
Emmett
So I am a big coffee drinker I have a friend who loves hers but she's not quite as big of a coffee drinker as I am even the largest cut button does not fill my cup even if I hit it twice the specialized coffee for it is way overpriced and if you buy the little screen cups to make your own you can feel up fooling it just doesn't taste right the only thing I would use is for us to get a little cup of hot water for my cups of noodles
Luttrell, TN
I couldn't make it without the Keurig coffee maker in my life! It's my best friend on most days when I need an extra boost or I'm just craving my cup of Joe! With the simple design of just popping in a pod and setting it to brew the night before I wake up to fresh coffee everyday. I love the simplicity of just making sure the water tank is full and that it has replaceable filters. It's official I'm a Keurig junkie.
No Special Diet
Ask a question to the Influenster community...