BY KEURIG #1 in Coffeemakers

• Is this machine exspensive?5 Answers
  • How good is this? How easy is it?? Im thinking about get one...1 Answers
McKenzie C.
Austin, TX
If you are living alone and don't mind making your coffee in the morning this is perfect for you. This doesn't work well for me because i am always running late and when I'm running late i forget every little thing. As sad as it sounds having to put the kcup in and then waiting for it brew and then waiting for it to cool down enough to drink doesn't work when you are running late. Also my boyfriend and I leave for work at the same time so having to make to single serving drinks is time consuming. I do have to say it is nice that you can make different types of drinks in them including, teas, hot chocolate, or even just hot water for water and lemon. I would say if you live along this is great. Also I would of LOVED this in college but with multiple coffee drinkers in the house you a better off something different.
Brittany R.
Kirkwood, NY
I use my Kueirg everyday, most of the time several times a day. It makes ALL of my hot drinks: coffee, tea, decaf, etc It also helps me make meals like adding the hot water to my children's oatmeal!
Outside the box? I use the hot water as a base of my cleaning mixtures (like vinegar and water..) the hot water works better on grime, and while I could use the sink it makes it the perfect temp and I know the ratio of vinegar to use every time!
I use "My K-cup" with it so I can use my favorite coffees, and not waste money and plastic on the K-cups. I love this appliance, and couldn't imagine a morning without it!
Alicia N.
Austintown, OH
After buying this model of Keurig for my father, I had to purchase one for myself. I don't drink coffee daily so I initially didn't think I would want one. However, I love that the k-cups come in every variety including hot chocolate, tea, even iced drinks. I also use my Keurig frequently to brew water for instant soups. It has become an convenience I cannot live without. I think this model is perfect for everything I need. It allows you to choose from 3 different cup sizes based on the strength you want or what cup you are brewing into. Mine also included a filter in the water tank which is nice.
Jessica B.
Lexington, KY
I can't live without my Keurig! The convenience can't be beat, and though the waste and cost is much higher than a regular coffee maker, this is great for when I just need one cup and don't want to hassle myself with a whole pot brewing fiasco. Especially when I'm sick and need instant tea. They do sell a basket insert to brew your own ground coffee with, though, and I do suggest it! My favorite thing is to put a packet or two of cocoa into a big mug and make hot water with the Keurig! The k-cups of cocoa seem so wasteful to me, so that works better. Can't wait to try the soup some day!
Dayna L.
I'm not a huge coffee fan, but that doesn't mean I don't LOVE my Keurig! I love that I can make drinks for myself, my house guests, or other family members, and everyone can have a beverage of their choice.

I like the size of the water tank, it works well for my family and I don't feel like I'm constantly having to refill it. And the variety of coffees, teas, and even iced drinks, is pretty expansive; everyone can usually find something that they like.

The price point isn't bad, but I'm in the market to upgrade to a newer version that has some more options than this model.

Overall, I would recommend the Keurig to anyone looking for an option to diversify their coffee/tea experience, or someone who doesn't want to waste an entire coffee pot for one glass.
Hilliary E.
Atwater
This coffee maker isn’t consistent with the amount it outputs per size and sometimes the coffee comes out watery. We clean and maintain the machine but still isn’t consistent
Casey W.
Chico, CA
I used to hate coffee until I had to take an 8 am biology lecture that lasted two hours. Every morning that I had that class, I would make my cup of coffee and put it in my to go mug with my creamer.
I don't use the pods anymore. I have my favorite bag of coffee grounds and put them in the reusable "My K-Cups".
I really like how this machine lets you brew one cup at a time. My Keurig has lasted three years with no issues! It's also great for just hot water if you want to steep some hot tea.
A summertime favorite (and the only pods I actually use) are the Lipton iced tea K-Cups, which brew a delicious and refreshing tea when brewed over ice.
Daniie B.
This is my ride or die coffee maker. The first thing I do when I wake up is turn on my keurig. My day doesn't start until I've had my coffee. At first my boyfriend and I were using a regular coffee maker, that was when we went to work around the same time. Now we leave farther apart and the Keurig is the best option. We are both able to have fresh cups of coffee right on the spot instead of one person getting coffee that has just been sitting on the warmer pad. Not as fresh. We can also pick and chose since we like different flavors. It's been so perfect!
Melissa R.
Alameda, CA
Having a Keurig around is just plain convenient. My husband and I would only want 2 cups max of coffee in the morning, and it would be wasteful to have an old school coffee machine. I worry about impact on the environment, but for the older Keurigs, other manufacturers make a reusable basket that you can put loose grinds into. The one thing that could be improved is the dispensing amounts for hot water. Even if you select 6 or 4 oz, it works great with a K-cup in it, but always dispenses plain hot water (i.e., no K-cup) in too small of an amount. I have a million teabags to use up, so having to guess and adjust to get my cup full every time is inconvenient.
Michelle W.
I love my Keurig. My daughters can make tea or hot chocolate and I can have my choice of whatever coffee I'm craving that morning. It's convenient and quick. I don't like making a whole pot of coffee just for me. The only downside is the cup disposal is more waste than a coffee filter if you get the k-cups. I've bought some cups that aren't plastic but coffee filter material and the coffee is organic. Those are great. I could never get the reusable cup to work which was a bummer it always made a mess. I'd like to see a better reusable option.
Jahaira B.
Bridgeport, CT
Trudy C.
Clear Lake, IA
Claudia H.
Lakewood, CA
Is this item worth all the hype? does the coffee from those pods actually good?
LaShea L.
PALISADE, CO
Would you recommeND this or a mini
Shona S.
Tampa, FL
What can u make besides coffee with these?