Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40

by Keurig

#2 in Coffeemakers

First cup. Fourth cup - with keurig, it's always a fresh cup. The elite brewing system brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of three cup sizes, the elite brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs

Does the different cup size effect how strong the coffee comes out?
Is this the one for iced coffe?
Start your review of Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I absolutely love my kuerig and the fact it has so many uses not only making teas, coffee, and hot chocolate but you can use it to make your oatmeal or Raman noodles ” in 15 reviews
“I seriously use this for anything I need hot water for, coffee, tea (loose or packaged), and best of all, being the college student I am, ramen noodles.” in 8 reviews
Gilbert
This was a replacement for previous Keurig that we owned for 7 years. Our previous model had a 52oz reservoir and toward the end (the last year or so) I had to prime the connection between the reservoir and the unit by removing the reservoir and wiping my finger on the intake port EVERY TIME. So needless to say I don't have to do this any more! I have used "the Elite" now for 5 months and really like it. I really like the larger reservoir (72oz) and it DOES make a difference and the additional cup sizes. I am finding that on this particular model it's just easier to fill the reservoir with another container rather than remove from the base because for some reason, replacing the reservoir is just a "tiny bit" more awkward than my last model. The auto-on feature does seem a little flaky....I have it set to come on at 5:30 and stay on for 120 minutes...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought that it must be something I am doing, but I saw another reviewer mention the same thing so thought that I would mention this also. But this is not a big deal because I can simply press the "on" button and it does not take a long time to heat up. Another thing that I noticed that I really like is that even if it's not ready to brew, if you press the "on" button first, THEN put your K-cup in and select the cup size, you can just walk away and it will automatically start to brew once it's ready...only a little over a minute or so. I mention this because I would have to reset the K-cup on my last brewer by activating the handle again AFTER the water was hot. Since I do not have to do this, this is actually my favorite improvement and it greatly mitigates the fact the the "auto-on" feature sometimes does not activate. I would buy this product again
Middleway, WV
My current coffee maker that I love so much! I almost can't remember what life was like before this coffee maker. It is great for one or two people who enjoy drinking a hot beverage such as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Its great for a quick drink. If you aren't interested in a clock or s timer this is great for you. I turn it on and in less than 2 minutes it is ready for me to put my coffee pod in and select my cup. The cup seizes are perfect for regular size and medium cups and it leaves room for creamer. If you stent someone who adds creamer to your coffee and would prefer it to give you more coffee in your cup than this one is great for you. I have had mine for over s year now and it has been great for me. I don't need any extras since I am the only one in my family who uses it. Great product and a great ptice.
Hopatcong, NJ
This model makes three different cup sizes, has a water reservoir that holds approximately 3 larges cups in it. There's a drip tray at the bottom which will hold an entire cup if you're like me and somehow manage to forget to put a cup under it.

This is great for basic coffee, I use reusable containers to make a single cup in the morning.  I recently had to replace mine. The motor died in less than a year despite regular cleaning and using only filtered water. My previous model lasted 5 years before the pump finally died.  My current model is about 3 months old with no issues but the quality has definitely diminished over time. The good news is keurigs are so cheap now they're basically replaceable.

Vegetarian
I love the idea of easily popping in a pod and pushing a button to get a quick, fresh cup of coffee. In reality you get a small cup of extra warm coffee. You can drink it as soon as it's made and it's perfect temperature. If you add cream it's barely warm. If you like the hot hot coffee this is not for you. I have coffee cups that came with my dishes and this makes 3/4 of a cup. If you like a small cup of warm coffee this is definitely for you!
Emmett
So I am a big coffee drinker I have a friend who loves hers but she's not quite as big of a coffee drinker as I am even the largest cut button does not fill my cup even if I hit it twice the specialized coffee for it is way overpriced and if you buy the little screen cups to make your own you can feel up fooling it just doesn't taste right the only thing I would use is for us to get a little cup of hot water for my cups of noodles
Luttrell, TN
I couldn't make it without the Keurig coffee maker in my life! It's my best friend on most days when I need an extra boost or I'm just craving my cup of Joe! With the simple design of just popping in a pod and setting it to brew the night before I wake up to fresh coffee everyday. I love the simplicity of just making sure the water tank is full and that it has replaceable filters. It's official I'm a Keurig junkie.
No Special Diet
It holds water for about 3 large cups of coffee and I don't have to worry about time when making a cup of coffee with my keurig. It heats up and brews your cup quickly. The only downfall of keurigs is the price of k-cups. Luckily, they make re-usable cups where you can put your favorite grinds in. I've had mine for a while and it's been one of my best purchases for coffee. This model is very affordable too. I got mine on sale on Amazon.
Sacramento, CA
If you are not a super big coffee drinker, or a mom like myself, the Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40 is great for you. With the single cup option, you don't have to worry about waste. It's incredibly affordable but the k cups can run heavy if you drink a lot of coffee. If you like your coffee on the stronger side, use the smaller cup feature otherwise your coffee may taste flat.
Organic, Gluten Free, Low Carb
Lewisburg , WV
I love my keurig because it is so convenient and more neat than a pot. Plus, I’d never finish a pot by myself so I like the fact that I can make a single cup. There are 3 size options, which I appreciate...but, I wish the largest size was a little bigger. It’s easy to clean and looks cute on my countertop. Sometimes I use k-cups, but I also sometimes use the re-usable cups that you can spoon coffee grounds into.
Pocatello , ID
This product works wonderful. I have tried so many single cup coffee makers and this one right here works and doesn't go out like all the more expensive ones. I like that you can make coffee, Tea or hot chocolate with it. It brews just the right amount of anything you put 8nto it. It's easy to clean and looks good anywhere you put it. I highly recommend this product it works.
No Special Diet
Ask a question to the Influenster community...