Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40

by Keurig

#2 in Coffeemakers

First cup. Fourth cup - with keurig, it's always a fresh cup. The elite brewing system brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of three cup sizes, the elite brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs

Does the different cup size effect how strong the coffee comes out?
Is this the one for iced coffe?
How long does it take to brew?
Start your review of Keurig Elite Single Cup Home Brewing System - K40!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I absolutely love my kuerig and the fact it has so many uses not only making teas, coffee, and hot chocolate but you can use it to make your oatmeal or Raman noodles in 15 reviews
I seriously use this for anything I need hot water for, coffee, tea (loose or packaged), and best of all, being the college student I am, ramen noodles.in 8 reviews
a month agoGilbert
This was a replacement for previous Keurig that we owned for 7 years. Our previous model had a 52oz reservoir and toward the end (the last year or so) I had to prime the connection between the reservoir and the unit by removing the reservoir and wiping my finger on the intake port EVERY TIME. So needless to say I don't have to do this any more! I have used "the Elite" now for 5 months and really like it. I really like the larger reservoir (72oz) and it DOES make a difference and the additional cup sizes. I am finding that on this particular model it's just easier to fill the reservoir with another container rather than remove from the base because for some reason, replacing the reservoir is just a "tiny bit" more awkward than my last model. The auto-on feature does seem a little flaky....I have it set to come on at 5:30 and stay on for 120 minutes...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought that it must be something I am doing, but I saw another reviewer mention the same thing so thought that I would mention this also. But this is not a big deal because I can simply press the "on" button and it does not take a long time to heat up. Another thing that I noticed that I really like is that even if it's not ready to brew, if you press the "on" button first, THEN put your K-cup in and select the cup size, you can just walk away and it will automatically start to brew once it's ready...only a little over a minute or so. I mention this because I would have to reset the K-cup on my last brewer by activating the handle again AFTER the water was hot. Since I do not have to do this, this is actually my favorite improvement and it greatly mitigates the fact the the "auto-on" feature sometimes does not activate. I would buy this product again
a month agoMiddleway, WV
My current coffee maker that I love so much! I almost can't remember what life was like before this coffee maker. It is great for one or two people who enjoy drinking a hot beverage such as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Its great for a quick drink. If you aren't interested in a clock or s timer this is great for you. I turn it on and in less than 2 minutes it is ready for me to put my coffee pod in and select my cup. The cup seizes are perfect for regular size and medium cups and it leaves room for creamer. If you stent someone who adds creamer to your coffee and would prefer it to give you more coffee in your cup than this one is great for you. I have had mine for over s year now and it has been great for me. I don't need any extras since I am the only one in my family who uses it. Great product and a great ptice.
5 days ago
I was not very impressed with this Keurig coffee maker. I had issues with it brewing, just after a month or two of using it. As an everyday coffee drinker, it's a hassle to make 1 cup at a time, and I like my coffee strong. If I use the strongest setting, it barely made a whole cup. The pods get expensive, and the maker itself is expensive to buy. I don't even use this coffee maker any longer, and gave it to a relative that really wanted one. Not my "cup of tea" as they say.
a month agoLuttrell, TN
I couldn't make it without the Keurig coffee maker in my life! It's my best friend on most days when I need an extra boost or I'm just craving my cup of Joe! With the simple design of just popping in a pod and setting it to brew the night before I wake up to fresh coffee everyday. I love the simplicity of just making sure the water tank is full and that it has replaceable filters. It's official I'm a Keurig junkie.
a month agoPocatello , ID
This product works wonderful. I have tried so many single cup coffee makers and this one right here works and doesn't go out like all the more expensive ones. I like that you can make coffee, Tea or hot chocolate with it. It brews just the right amount of anything you put 8nto it. It's easy to clean and looks good anywhere you put it. I highly recommend this product it works.
5 days agoSarasota, FL
I got this as a wedding gift. I love the taste of a K-Cup coffees. It is super convenient to be able to one cup at a time especially on the weekends since I sleep in and my husband gets up really early still. It is easy to clean and maintain. It is definitely worth having one if you are a coffee drinker. I also like that you can Brew tea or hot cocoa in it.
9 days agoHatfield, PA
I own one of these from a Black Friday sale years ago, and it now lives in my office at work. The ability to make multiple different beverages quickly is obviously a bonus, but the insane plastic waste and the additional cost of k cups just isn't worth it for me in the end. I use a French press at home and rarely find myself using this anymore.
9 days ago
I got this Keurig several years ago and it just now stopped working for me. I don't have anything negative to say about this product besides how much waste it produces. I'm not the type of person to have more than one cup of coffee in the morning and my roommates don't really drink coffee, so this is perfect for me. I would recommend this product.
a month agoBeckley
This was an amazing item to purchase it's always easy to grab that cappuccino coffee or hot chocolate more things on-the-go very quick make that cup and then be out the door or just sit around the house and sip on it's a little expensive set worth the money if your a regular drinker of coffee or what not it will pay for itself over time
6 days agoOrlando
This coffee maker is nice and quick . Takes less then a minute for the machine to warm up once the press there on button. I enjoy how the coffee comes out. The direction is simple to follow and it also shows the coffee cup size on the button . I enjoy my coffee with this machine and highly recommend it for first time buyers.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...