Keurig® Descaling Solution

Keurig ® brewer performance matters! Descaling is an important process that removes calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a brewer over time. Calcium and scale is non-toxic, but left unattended, it can hinder your brewer's performance over time. Descaling should take place every 3 to 6 months to preserve the long-term health of your brewer. • Helps extend the life of your brewer (when used regularly) • Removes calcium deposits that can build up inside your brewer • Descaling is recommended every 3 to 6 months Compatibility : Compatible with all Keurig ® K-Cup ® , Keurig ® 2.0, Rivo ® and Vue ® brewing systems.

I got this as a gift for Christmas. I haven't used it yet, but really need to because my machine is a year old and I haven't descaled it yet. I'm just curious how often I need to use the solution? And since I haven't used it for a year...does it really hurt my machine that much?
Is it good?
1. Where do you buy it? 2. Do you need to clean it out with water after you use it?
Start your review of Keurig® Descaling Solution!
Roberta H.
Chiefland, FL
Purchased at: Target
It does it’s job I have heard from people just use veniger and water. But I can’t imagine ruining my machine so I stick with what’s made for the job. You have to use the right tools to get things done right.
Angela L.
Irving, TX
I use this solution for a deep rescaling of my Keurig. It can be a little gross what is hiding inside the coffee machine! No need to use stinky vinegar anymore like our parents taught us! Run this through a cycle, rinse and done! Highly recommend!! Keurig® Descaling Solution
Toni V.
Donora, PA
I love that Keurig makes every single part and accessory needed to guarantee a quick, convenient, versatile and enjoyable hot beverage (not just coffee) experience. Although I use filtered water, my Keurig machine does develop a bit of scaling, but this restores my machine back to brand new. Great price, great product.
Sabrina S.
Clearwater, FL
Keurig® Descaling Solution uploaded by Sabrina S.
Purchased at: Walmart
I have tried a few different ways to descale my Keurig and the Keurig brand descaling solution seems to work the best. I've used Apple cider vinegar and while it seemed to descale the machine okay, it left a vinegar residue and ultimately a vinegar taste in my coffee no matter how much I rinsed and after 30 or so cleansing brews. It took me days to remove the residue and therefore, I don't reccomend the cheaper route. I've also used an off-brand descaler and it didn't seem to work as well as the Keurig brand. The descaling solution effectively cleans and prolongs the life of your machine by removing coffee buildup and gunk. I also do cleansing brews (just running the hot water option) weekly to ensure my coffee is fresh.
Wendy C.
Milwaukee, WI
1,932 reviews
Keurig® Descaling Solution uploaded by Wendy C.
Purchased at: Target
Pricey purchasing at the store but worth it!! You definitely want to keep your Keurig clean and maintained!! The descaling is a process so do it when you know you have time. Good tasting coffee is a must!👍🏽
Paula M.
Harlingen, TX
I didn't like that it didn't come with clear and specific instructions. I had to search a video, but that was after I had used the solution and my Keurig did not stop blinking with the descale machine light. It was very frustrating to see it blinking. After watching the video I did it the way I was supposed to, but with purified water.
Kelly M.
1,469 reviews
This is a must for proper Keurig maintenance. If you want your machine to last a long time proper maintenance is essential.
Joseph G.
Henderson, NV
It works. I mean it’s a descaling solution. Since it is a standard necessity if you own a Keurig I typically buy when a 2 pack and look for when it goes on sale since you’ll eventually need it. It’s straight forward and easy to use. The older Keurig are not the easiest to get into descaling mode but the product itself gets the job done. I’d recommend it.
Deborah D.
Sayville, NY
We use this every few months to keep the machine working properly and the drinks tasting good. The water in my area always smells like chlorine so I’m sure it leaves deposits behind .
Joslyn H.
Eastanollee, GA
Loved it! It descaled my last keurig I had and I had no problems with it after using this! Keurig® Descaling Solution
Ask a question to the Influenster community...