BY KENTUCKY ALE

Kentucky Ale
  • "It's a bit pricey as compared to other beers, but it is SO worth the extra dough.. plus the slightly higher alcohol content means your beers will last longer." in 1 review
  • "Not a huge beer drinker but as someone from KY I love a good love product!" in 1 review
  • "I'll admit, even though I'm a big fan of bourbon I was a little skeptical when my brother brought over this beer to try." in 1 review
  • "Same great beer taste with a touch of bourbon." in 1 review
  • "I'm not much of a beer drinker but this has a smooth taste with a hint of bourbon and my choice of ale." in 1 review
Brianna M.
Gray
Their beers are the best! Perfect alcohol content to get a good head buzz from. Seriously, this beer is like no other, and will give you a different feeling than others. You can really taste the bourbon from the barrels they make it in. Well worth the price!
Christina F.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Great company. Not every beer they produce is my favorite, but they've got a lot of winners. The kolsch is a favorite of mine, and if you like bourbon I would highly recommend their bourbon barrel ale. They also come out with seasonal beers- one of which is the race day IPA which I love. It's not too hoppy so it's perfect for anyone.
Overall, some good quality products.
Myranda E.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I absolutely love this company and their products. Staying true to local roots, the hint of bourbon offers a great tasting beer even for those non beer lovers like myself. Definitely recommend trying them
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
This is such an amazing brewing company with so many great products. It's locally made in Lexington and provides great jobs in so many areas. It also tastes soooo good and is pretty affordable for local beer!
Kelsey B.
Bottle into a snifter. Pours a very clear golden color with about 1/2 a finger of white foam. The head quickly fades down into a constantly-carbonated lacing. Wheat, straw, lemongrass, malt, barley, and spice on the nose. Light weight, with a crisp, clean mouthfeel. Wheat, coriander, malt, and banana on the taste. Crisp, carbonated finish with a bread/doughy aftertaste, along with some slight hop bitterness.

Overall, an okay beer. It came on incredibly offputting, but grew on me over the remainder of the glass. The "marriage" of styles is done well, for what it is. I'm not sure how well they mesh, but this beer is a good effort. Not one I'd buy again, but not terrible either. I'd drink one if offered to me.
Lexi C.
Nashville, TN
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is one of my favorites! Their stout is great too! If you're a whiskey or bourbon drinker, you'll love the finish. It's aged in actual bourbon barrels, so there is a strong hint of bourbon on the nose. With its higher alcohol content, it is a bit pricier for a smaller amount, when served on tap, but it's well worth it.
Natalie J.
Frankfort, KY
Get the best of both the beer world AND the bourbon world! We Kentuckians know how to do it! Unique and delicious bourbon flavors come through to make this a real treat. You won't regret it. It's a bit pricey as compared to other beers, but it is SO worth the extra dough.. plus the slightly higher alcohol content means your beers will last longer.
Jennifer G.
Palm Harbor, FL
I'll admit, even though I'm a big fan of bourbon I was a little skeptical when my brother brought over this beer to try. I'm a fan for life now! Tastes like a beer with a subtle taste of bourbon. Just enough to not be over powering. If you're looking to try something new, definitely check out their bourbon ale!
Jeannie F.
Love this beer! We have tried a variety, from the regular Bourbon Barrel Ale, to the Old Fashioned Ale (delicious), to the Pumpkin Barrel Aged Ale... They are all very very good! They recently had a tasting here in Houston, and we can now find it in most grocery stores!!! Try it, you won't be disappointed!
Anjouli H.
Aurelia, IA
So smooth! One of my favorites to order when I'm in Louisville. It won't leave you feeling full like a lot of darker beers. They go down quick so be careful, alcohol content is a bit higher than your average beer!
Mi Nhong X.
Is it worth the try?
Rebecca A.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Is this worth a try?
IS Kentucky Ale sold outside of Lexington, as around the state?
Marlene r.
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
How is this? it sounds good!
Ericka B.
Could this be a good welcome home gift?