BY KENRA #41 in Leave-In Conditioner

The Kenra Brightening Treatment is formulated for intense toning 1-2 times a week. It instantly tones hair after first use by eliminating brassy tones. It features Advanced Brightening Technology to increase brightness by up to 80%, provides intense moisture for repairing dull, damaged hair and increases manageability by up to 20% after first use.

• I would love to try this2 Answers
  • It says to apply after shampooing, but I am confused as to if I a...2 Answers
  • Hi All, So, I recently had my dark brown hair colored to cover ...1 Answers
Kelsey F.
I love this brightening treatment! I am a natural blonde, but I tone my hair to get more of an ashy tone, instead of golden. When my hair starts to look a little brassy, I use this. I only use it once or twice a week, and for 5-10 minutes. If I leave it any longer than that, it starts to leave a light violet/silver color in my hair. I like that, but if you don't, you may not want to leave it in your hair for very long.
Juliann D.
Pounding mill, VA
I absolutely love this product for my blonde hair. I have went through 3 tubes already, using it once a week mainly. It makes my hair feel so good an takes most of the brassy tones out. I usually leave on for 7-10 mins an rinse an I can usually tell right away its done its job. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a purple mask for their hair.
Abbie T.
Corvallis, OR
I have used this brightening treatment for the past few months and it softens my fine, blonde hair and helps my balayage maintain it's cool tones. This treatment is affordable and can be easily found at the Ulta store in my hometown. It actually lasts awhile too, so that helps with the price. A little goes a long way. The scent is also amazing.
Corey P.
Scotch plains , NJ
I'm so used to anything that's toning for my platinum blonde hair is usually super drying, but this mask surprised me it smelt great as well as really took the brass out of my hair and hydrating at the same time, I'd highly recommend!
Melissa C.
I'll admit, I was very skeptical about this product. I've been bleaching my own hair for over 6 years now and have tried various toning techniques. But this is honestly one of the best. I used this in addition to using purple shampoo but the shampoo only does so much. It's really this brightening treatment that worked wonders! I used this twice a week and left it in for 3-5 minutes as directed (3 or less min during the week, and 5+ min on weekends when I had time to spare) and I noticed a difference after the very first use. After a few more uses, its very clear that my hair is not longer brassy yellow but a toned down cool platinum shade of blonde.After 5 uses, this has started to tint my hair a light purple/grey/silver color. Personally, I love it. But if you don't want that, use it only once a week and for less then 5 minutes. I should also note a month ago, my hair was all pastel pink. From roots to tip, all pink. The pink has mostly faded near the roots (Manic Panic doesn't last long at ALL.) but I do keep the underside/bottom of my hair pink at all times (Thanks Special Effects dye!) - but the roots were still fading pink so I think that might have affected why my hair is turning purple? I love it, no complaints here. But just a warning!Long story short - this stuff works. I would recommend it to anyone and I will be purchasing it in the future! Thank you Influenster for the complimentary product to test! All opinions are my own.
Lacee L.
Gonzales , LA
wow! I'm absolutely in love with the kenra brightening treatment! I think I will be buying the whole line! I regularly use purple shampoo to keep up my color in between salon visits. This one is one of the best at home toning products I've used, and I've tried about 5. I'm so glad that I received this item to review from influenster. It even helps blend any new growth which I absolutely love! I'd give this product 5 out of 5 stars and am excited that I found the perfect purple toning treatment. I definitely recommend this to anyone who uses purple shampoos/treatments. It is available for purchase at Ulta. (yay earn some points! ha)
I can't imagine not having this now that I have had to privilege to review this! The smell is absolutely amazing, it's a tropical coconut smell. I purchased the full sized and I am very satisfied with this purple toner.
Aimee W.
It has been months since I bleached my hair blonde and it has been starting to look very brassy and some what frizzy. I have tried many purple shampoos with no luck so I was intrigued to try this because it has dark blue creamy texture and is different than what I had been trying. I was pleased with how easy it blends evenly throughout my hair and how it is just as easy to rinse out. It has a very pleasant scent and didn’t leave my hair feeling greasy or weighed down. I also noticed my hair wasn’t as frizzy and damaged looking as before. I can honestly say I have never tried a product quite like this before and was just completely blown away with my results. I could actually see a HUGE difference after just one use. This is definitely something I will be purchasing as soon as possible and highly recommend others who suffer the same brassy issues to give this fabulous product a try.I received a free sample of Kenra Brightening complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions shared are 100% my own.
Lauren G.
Received this intense color tonight masque in my VoxBox. I received two small 1oz samples. This product is royal blue! And thick. The purple/blue helps tone blonde hair color from turning brassy or orange. The smell is kind of chemically in my opinion-not Awful just not great smelling. The picture of me in the blue shirt is the "after" and as you can see there isn't much of a difference after leaving on the product for about 7 minutes which was a little longer than the 3-5 mins recommended on the bottle. I would be very nervous to try this product on platinum blonde or really light blonde incase the purple stained the hair. Final opinion is that this line didn't work for me but might be different on someone with really blonde hair.
Sara K.
Millersville , PA
I love Kendra professional products as a whole. Their performance overall as a brand is fantastic. This treatment for brassy blondes is just what I needed to keep my hair looking great between bleach and tones. I left the treatment on for 20 minutes instead of 5 due to my hair being super brassy as I hadn't been maintaining it well. It worked and I noticed a difference right away. It wasn't a huge change and this product is more for regular keep up after you get your hair done. Not for when you get lazy like I did lol if you used this once a week with purple shampoo you might only need to get your roots touched up. It can definitely extend your salon services.
Amanda O.
Redding, CA
I received this product free from Influenster exchange for my honest opinion. This product worked as claims it removes brassiness, and brightens your hair. Most other toners do the same. Depending on the price you may just want to stick to a plain old toner. That being said this product really impressed me in another way. It really smoothed my hair and made it look amazing. It had more body and was so soft. So just for the toning purposes it was maybe a 3, but the masque part of the treatment moves it to a 4. I will include a before and after photo and you can judge for yourself.
Amber P.
I am trying to get back to my light brown hair color with blonde highlights. My hair is currently dark brown with a red tint, my hairstylist told me to use a purple shampoo to help strip the brown since I'm going to blonde. A girl dyed my hair will permanent hair color, and since then my hair has been horrible to take color in. Will this product help strip the brown, because my Paul Mitchell purple shampoo isn't working.
Madeline M.
Does it turn your hair purple/violet or grey/silver?
Amanda C.
How long do you leave this in your hair!?!
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
Does this really work? I would love to try this but I don't know if it's worth it
Katie F.
Appalachia, VA
I would love to try this