BY KENRA #41 in Leave-In Conditioner

The Kenra Brightening Treatment is formulated for intense toning 1-2 times a week. It instantly tones hair after first use by eliminating brassy tones. It features Advanced Brightening Technology to increase brightness by up to 80%, provides intense moisture for repairing dull, damaged hair and increases manageability by up to 20% after first use.

• I would love to try this2 Answers
  • It says to apply after shampooing, but I am confused as to if I a...2 Answers
  • Hi All, So, I recently had my dark brown hair colored to cover ...1 Answers
Melissa C.
Melissa C.
I'll admit, I was very skeptical about this product. I've been bleaching my own hair for over 6 years now and have tried various toning techniques. But this is honestly one of the best. I used this in addition to using purple shampoo but the shampoo only does so much. It's really this brightening treatment that worked wonders! I used this twice a week and left it in for 3-5 minutes as directed (3 or less min during the week, and 5+ min on weekends when I had time to spare) and I noticed a difference after the very first use. After a few more uses, its very clear that my hair is not longer brassy yellow but a toned down cool platinum shade of blonde.After 5 uses, this has started to tint my hair a light purple/grey/silver color. Personally, I love it. But if you don't want that, use it only once a week and for less then 5 minutes. I should also note a month ago, my hair was all pastel pink. From roots to tip, all pink. The pink has mostly faded near the roots (Manic Panic doesn't last long at ALL.) but I do keep the underside/bottom of my hair pink at all times (Thanks Special Effects dye!) - but the roots were still fading pink so I think that might have affected why my hair is turning purple? I love it, no complaints here. But just a warning!Long story short - this stuff works. I would recommend it to anyone and I will be purchasing it in the future! Thank you Influenster for the complimentary product to test! All opinions are my own.
Lacee L.
Lacee L.
Gonzales , LA
wow! I'm absolutely in love with the kenra brightening treatment! I think I will be buying the whole line! I regularly use purple shampoo to keep up my color in between salon visits. This one is one of the best at home toning products I've used, and I've tried about 5. I'm so glad that I received this item to review from influenster. It even helps blend any new growth which I absolutely love! I'd give this product 5 out of 5 stars and am excited that I found the perfect purple toning treatment. I definitely recommend this to anyone who uses purple shampoos/treatments. It is available for purchase at Ulta. (yay earn some points! ha)
I can't imagine not having this now that I have had to privilege to review this! The smell is absolutely amazing, it's a tropical coconut smell. I purchased the full sized and I am very satisfied with this purple toner.
Aimee W.
Aimee W.
It has been months since I bleached my hair blonde and it has been starting to look very brassy and some what frizzy. I have tried many purple shampoos with no luck so I was intrigued to try this because it has dark blue creamy texture and is different than what I had been trying. I was pleased with how easy it blends evenly throughout my hair and how it is just as easy to rinse out. It has a very pleasant scent and didn’t leave my hair feeling greasy or weighed down. I also noticed my hair wasn’t as frizzy and damaged looking as before. I can honestly say I have never tried a product quite like this before and was just completely blown away with my results. I could actually see a HUGE difference after just one use. This is definitely something I will be purchasing as soon as possible and highly recommend others who suffer the same brassy issues to give this fabulous product a try.I received a free sample of Kenra Brightening complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions shared are 100% my own.
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Received this intense color tonight masque in my VoxBox. I received two small 1oz samples. This product is royal blue! And thick. The purple/blue helps tone blonde hair color from turning brassy or orange. The smell is kind of chemically in my opinion-not Awful just not great smelling. The picture of me in the blue shirt is the "after" and as you can see there isn't much of a difference after leaving on the product for about 7 minutes which was a little longer than the 3-5 mins recommended on the bottle. I would be very nervous to try this product on platinum blonde or really light blonde incase the purple stained the hair. Final opinion is that this line didn't work for me but might be different on someone with really blonde hair.
Sara K.
Sara K.
Millersville , PA
I love Kendra professional products as a whole. Their performance overall as a brand is fantastic. This treatment for brassy blondes is just what I needed to keep my hair looking great between bleach and tones. I left the treatment on for 20 minutes instead of 5 due to my hair being super brassy as I hadn't been maintaining it well. It worked and I noticed a difference right away. It wasn't a huge change and this product is more for regular keep up after you get your hair done. Not for when you get lazy like I did lol if you used this once a week with purple shampoo you might only need to get your roots touched up. It can definitely extend your salon services.
Amanda O.
Amanda O.
Redding, CA
I received this product free from Influenster exchange for my honest opinion. This product worked as claims it removes brassiness, and brightens your hair. Most other toners do the same. Depending on the price you may just want to stick to a plain old toner. That being said this product really impressed me in another way. It really smoothed my hair and made it look amazing. It had more body and was so soft. So just for the toning purposes it was maybe a 3, but the masque part of the treatment moves it to a 4. I will include a before and after photo and you can judge for yourself.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
OWENSBORO, KY
I didn't think this product would actually work, but it did definitely helped. My hair was pretty orange in some areas after my last dye, I used a professorial toner which took most of it out. But what little was left this stuff took it right out. Plus it just help overall to pull my color together. It was super easy and the results are great! It does look kind of scary when you use it for the first time, because it's super purple and I was worry it was going to be super harsh on my hair, but it wasn't!
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Wilmington, NC
So I received this in my very first voxbox and couldnt have been happier about it. Ive tried several "purple" shampoos but this one beats them all by a mile, hands down! I received it the night before I had an appt for a blow-out the next day, so I took it with me and my hair dresser applied it after she shampooed me. We did expect it to be purple but it was actually more of a blue color. All the other hair stylist wanted to know what it was when they were walking by and at the end I had a couple of them tell me how much of a difference it made!! Even my hair stylist thought it worked great! That was about a week ago and I go back for another blow out tomorrow so I will be taking my other bottle with me and Im excited to see an even bigger difference!! I 100% recommend this and will be going out and purchasing the full size very soon!!
Michaela H.
Michaela H.
Albuquerque, NM
This mask is amazing! I've tried other brands and theirs brightening products before but any of them didn't have such visible results! I didn't even use this mask with the pairing shampoo/conditioner and even then it is so visible. So I put and massage the mask from my roots to the ends right after shampooing (I don't use a conditioner when I'm using a mask, it's like a wasting of product for me), leave on for 5 minutes when I'm meanwhile cleaning my face and body and then rinse the mask off. It leaves my hair a little bit more tangled than normally but I can easily fix it with my hair oil. The results are visible after only one use but even more after two! Highly recommended for all girls with blonde hair but specially with highlights!
Shelby G.
Shelby G.
Received the Kenra Brightening Treatment in my Kenra Brightening VoxBox free to test, and wow! I used it once and already notice a difference. I was skeptical because I've tried products before that claim to rid of brassiness, and they often fail to do so. Howver, Kenra Brightening Treatment works! The smell isn't my favorite, but it smells professional if you know what I mean - I think they care more about its performance than its smell. Obsessed. 100% recommend to anyone with blonde colored hair.
Amber P.
Amber P.
I am trying to get back to my light brown hair color with blonde highlights. My hair is currently dark brown with a red tint, my hairstylist told me to use a purple shampoo to help strip the brown since I'm going to blonde. A girl dyed my hair will permanent hair color, and since then my hair has been horrible to take color in. Will this product help strip the brown, because my Paul Mitchell purple shampoo isn't working.
Madeline M.
Madeline M.
Does it turn your hair purple/violet or grey/silver?
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
How long do you leave this in your hair!?!
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
Does this really work? I would love to try this but I don't know if it's worth it
Katie F.
Katie F.
Appalachia, VA
I would love to try this