Add a Photo

By SPECIAL K
#41 in Cereal
Kellogg's® Special K® Original Toasted Rice Cereal Value Size.
120 calories.
Photos (8)
marisol v.
marisol v.
Orlando, FL

Although there is a wide variety for all tastes and flavors, I like the original, it goes to my taste, help in the diet to lose weight, lower cholesterol, usually use it as dinner, soft and sustains until the next day. So I used to do a good crunchy fried chicken. as? I grind them well, add a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little color with paprika. everything you join and use it as breading, chicken and fries ready to eat. I invite you to make my recipe, you will love and kids too. so you see that it can be used in different ways.
Kristine H.
Kristine H.
Burlington, NC

My all time favorite cereal as a kid was Frosted Flakes, so this seems like the natural progression for me to love these as an adult. The flakes are slightly sweet so I don't have to add any sweetener to it. I also eat it with vanilla almond milk, so that adds extra flavor. The flakes are fluffy, and it's honest nice to munch on without milk. I wouldn't pour the milk in until you are ready to eat because it tends to get mushy quickly.
Haley D.
Haley D.

I am a cereal addict and I would say this is one of my favorite cereals. I love sugary AND plain cereals and this is a favorite out of both categories. This cereal has a very plain taste and still somehow tastes amazing! It has sort of a light, airy crunch to it and I think it's addicting. It's a nice choice if you're looking for a change to your breakfast plan... it's great with fruit add-ins.
Alanoud A.
Alanoud A.

I started buying these 3 years ago when i decided to be healthier. i switched from Kellog's cornflakes to Special K. and i wish i have done so earlier! these taste much better in my opinion. they have more fiber and they fill me up. my favorite way to eat these is by adding some fresh blueberries and raspberries. The combination of the fresh fruits and the cereal is perfect.
Melissa Leah G.
Melissa Leah G.
Virginia Beach, VA

This is what I use to jumpstart my morning. I have been on the Special K diet for a while now and it seems to be the only diet that has worked for me. And when I tell people about it I can not stress enough that you have to eat breakfast. Whether it be a bowl of Special K, one of their protein shakes, or their cereal bars. Special K has really changed my life.
Allison V.
Allison V.
Tyler, TX

This is the healthiest cereal in my opinion. It has a crunch if you don't add too much milk to it and you can add berries and banana pieces to it. It doesn't have a sugary taste at all but does have a few grams. I definitely recommend this to anyone especially if they like Rice Krispies Cereal, this is similar and healthier!
shipra M.
shipra M.
Jersey City, NJ

Loved Special K cereal, it's a really healthy option for breakfast, and super yummy as well. There are so many flavors, but I really just stick to the original. I like to add my own fruit in it and really give it a natural fruity flavor. Though i have never lost weight eating this cereal i totally recommend it
Annette H.
Annette H.
Santa Monica, CA

My all time favorite cereal! Sometimes I'll just eat a bowl of Special K in place of dinner, or lunch. I find it to be so satisfying. For my taste there is no need to add sugar, I really enjoy the toasty flavor. I'll add hot milk in the winter, and I really like how soggy it gets towards the end. Mmmmyum. :D
Leli P.
Leli P.
Medley, FL

It's not the best integral cereal I've tasted but I'm good with it, It's not overly flavorful but then again, it's just the original, so for being the original, it does a good job. As for losing weight while having it on your diet, I don't want to lose weight so I can't meassure the impact of it in my diet.
sarah s.
sarah s.
Bethesda, MD

Yes to the original timeless classic familiar cereal. First off, these types of "food" product reviews are subjective so to each their own :) I'll usually have these for breakfast with almond milk. Simple breakfast that keeps my belly "full" until lunch. Target and Walmart usually keeps them well-stocked.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Frederick, MD

What kind of fruit do you like to add to your Special K?
Aalia M.