Add a Photo

#8 in Cereal
Photos (38)
Jana D.
Jana D.
My family is really big on cereal! Before school they always want a bowl of cereal, and weekends they branch out if I cook them a hot breakfast. We constantly rotate between different kinds, but there's always a big box of Rice Krispies. My husband and I eat cereal as a snack while watching movies all the time, and we both gravitate towards Rice Krispies. I don't know if it's part nostalgia...everyone seems to have grown up with them, and their kids love it too. Both my kids and husbands' favorite treat of all time are rice Krispy treats. They're so much fun to make with the kids, and I really love making memories of us in the kitchen. Over the years we've collected rice Krispy treat molds, and we all have our favorites. I make Christmas trees at Christmas, hearts on Valentine's, 4 leaf clovers on St. Pattys day...the list goes on and on. They're the quickest, easiest and least clean up treat I make, compared to cookies, brownies, etc. No bake time and it's one of the kids favorite things to do with me! I have to make a couple of batches because my husband devours them! It's our favorite cereal by far, because it's a cereal we all love that is not high in sugar, and we use it for more than just a breakfast cereal. Who doesn't love the snap, crackle, pop!
Mabel S.
Mabel S.
May 26, 2016, 8:19 p.m.
Review for: 18-Oz.
THE BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Yields 18
The best Rice Krispie Treat recipe that is loaded with extra marshmallows!
INGREDIENTS
5 Tablespoons butter
8 cups mini marshmallows, divided
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray, set aside.
In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted add 6 cups mini marshmallows and salt (if using). Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.
Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispie cereal. Stir until just barely coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly into the pan.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve and enjoy!
Hanika C.
Hanika C.
San Gabriel, CA
June 22, 2016, 1:55 p.m.
Review for: Toasted

Not much I can add to how much we ALL love this cereal. I remember pouring a bowl and remembering how much simpler things were. Waiting for the bus. See, I know this is not about the cereal and what it taste like but, we all know what they taste like.For me it is about the taste of course but, the memories. Or spending a few days in the summer with my great aunt dora and uncle steve. They always gave me this cereal in the morning. I can picture the little red and white checkered tablecloth. The sun shining through the porch window. Her feeding the stray cats on her porch. All this and tons more from memories of eating this cereal. Not much evokes such memories by a food product. If you think about it you have your own memories.
Hannah P.
Hannah P.
Oxnard, CA
May 21, 2016, 5:25 p.m.
Review for: Toasted
I remember the first time I ever had Rice Krispies like it was only yesterday. My brother and I woke up at what must have been 6am on a Saturday, and went straight to the kitchen table to have some Cap'n Crunch for breakfast. We turned on Cartoon Network to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog on the Cartoon Cartoon Countdown. He looked in the pantry and we were out of our favorite cereal- all that was left was a box of Rice Krispies. He poured us both bowls because we weren't old enough to cook anything and we knew better than to wake our parents up just for breakfast, and that was when it happened. My life changed with one single bite.
Jenny Z.
Jenny Z.
New Paltz , NY
Rice Krispies for breakfast is a childhood favorite and so are Rice Krispie Treats ....now combine it together and you have the perfect Breakfast cereal. This is the best cereal , you get clusters of Rice Krispie Treats in your bowl.... it's not overly sweet.. just perfectly made. What a way to start your morning!! It's good for any age, because the cereal is coated you don't get the snap , crackle and pop sound we all love but nonetheless still so good. This is a cereal that I can still feel good giving my child and enjoying a bowl myself. This really is a cereal you have to try.
Shena H.
Shena H.
Birchwood, TN
Sept. 20, 2016, 10:26 a.m.
Review for: 18-Oz.
We love rice krispies! I like that they don't have sugar added. And my kids love them too. We do add our own sugar from time to time but I like that I can control what kinds & how much sugar the kids are getting in their cereal. Of course we also like to make our rice krispies treat from time to time too. I would like to give this product a 5 star because we really do love it however, I'm giving it a 4 star because it does get soggy rather quick. The pieces are so small that once it gets soggy it turns to mush. Other than that I do LOVE this product.
La Sheenlaruba T.
La Sheenlaruba T.
Moreno Valley, CA
A Classic cold cereal in my house, BUT we also use this to make homemade rice treats. I eat this about once a week, on the weekend, for a little special indulgence, but I have had a bowl of cereal at night for my night time snack LOL. I love this brand of Rice cereal because each grain/kernel is a whole rice piece, not shriveled, dried pieces, so I get full rice cereal flavor in every spoon. This is also a brand I grew up with and the flavor has not changed in over 40 years! I like that..consistency in the cereal and the bran. I would buy again!
María A.
María A.
Raleigh, NC
The classic! My man's favorite sweets are Rice Krispies Treats, and they're so easy to make I rarely can justify buying them in my mind. I have a Pinterest board of just Rice Krispies Treats variations, and made Snickers Rice Krispies Treat just yesterday (he has one left).

These are inexpensive, and always fresh and consistent. I buy a couple of boxes at a time on every other trip to the grocery store. I've never ever been tempted to try a generic or organic substitute -- there's only one!
Court D.
Court D.
Waipahu , HI
May 23, 2016, 7:06 p.m.
Review for: Toasted
I normally don't eat this cereal just with milk. Instead I use it as an ingredient for rice Krispy treats, which I love and are extremely easy to make. Homemade always taste better than the packaged treats especially if you reduce the amount of cereal slightly in your recipe so that the marshmallows aren't too spread out. Instead it's softer and sweeter. By itself as cereal with milk it doesn't have much flavor but is still fun to eat especially for kids because of the popping sounds.
Shonda W.
Shonda W.
Warner Robins, GA
June 6, 2016, 9:17 a.m.
Review for: Toasted
I have loved Rice Krispies since childhood and continue to eat it for a filling and healthy breakfast option. First, you can add fresh fruit to this cereal to liven up the flavor without having to add tons of sugar. I also eat it without sweetener because it provides me with breakfast and a healthy way to get grains and dairy in the morning. Now, to be completely fair... I also use this to make rice krispies treats, which are amazing and totally bad for you, but I love them anyway.
crystal v.
crystal v.
Do you eat them with or without sugar
Sherine R.
Sherine R.
Marietta, GA
Do you prefer this as a cereal or rice crispy treats?
Chantel M.
Chantel M.
Portland, OR
Does anyone actually eat these or do they just use them for rice crispy treats...cause that's what I do.
Kirsten B.
Kirsten B.
Can someone please tell me what rice krispies has to do with fitness?
kayla p.
kayla p.
Does anyone remember the rice crispies treat cereals?