BY NONE

Audio Mixers: Serban Ghenea; John Hanes. Recording information: Acme Recording, Long Beach, CA; Conway Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Dr. Luke's, Los Angeles, CA; Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Kingsize Soundlabs, Eagle Rock, CA; Lotzah Music Studios, NYC; Love Minus Zero Studios, London, UK; Maratone Studios, Stockholm, Sweden; Ollywood Studios, Hollywood, CA. Photographer: Shelby Duncan. Just when it seemed 2009's trash-brat electro scene (3OH!3, LMFAO, Shwayze) was about to crumble under its own weight, rapper/singer/songwriter Kesha became the genre's biggest star, graduating from being Flo Rida's backup singer (she provided the hook on the rapper's massive single "Right Round") to superstar when her debut single, "TiK ToK," set a digital sales record with over 600,000 downloads in a week. Her climb to the top includes bizarre factoids like she once lived in the house where the Eagles recorded Hotel California, plus she once vomited in Paris Hilton's closet. Working on Hilton's album was the reason she was at the house, so it's hard not to appreciate how Animal makes Kesha sound nothing like an industry vet who used to write for the Veronicas. Here she's a gum-snapping, alcohol-abusing Facebook jockey straight out of the suburbs, who spits sophomoric but fun putdowns, come-ons, and sig files all over electro beats. Opening with "Maybe I need some rehab/Or maybe just need some sleep", Animal is up front about its unwillingness to face the real world, and prefers a garbage chic reality with a liberal shot of the '80s. "Party at a Rich Dude's House" could have fallen off the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack, while the word "gross" makes a serious comeback throughout the album. The music is heavy on gimmicks - Auto-Tune, vocoders, and silly samples are all in abundance - while able folks like Dr. Luke, plus Mim and Liv Nervo, are in charge of the colorful electro-pop productions. With so many fun, "TiK ToK"-type tracks, Animal is recomm. see more...

Ke$ha ~ Animal + Cannibal [Deluxe Edition] (new)
  • "I don't put it on repeat that often and usually skip the songs but when I'm getting ready for a night out or road trip I turn this play list on because it's fun and upbeat." in 1 review
  • "It has a lot of catchy songs that are perfect to dance to and have a good time." in 1 review
  • "ANIMAL YES CRZY PARTY FUN I Canpoot wait to pop this cd in for aa fun girls night!ayayayayayayayaya" in 1 review
Casey K.
Flower Mound
One of the best pop albums ever. Pioneered the way for synth/electro/dance pop and the sassy power of talk-singing along with amazing vocals and lyrics. For a debut album and single (TiK ToK) it is incomparable. Amazing!!
Christy H.
Keisha kills it on this album. It is fun and upbeat. Pop and dance combined. It makes a great album to chill to or even work out to on the treadmill. If you like pop and dance,but never checked this album out, you're missing out. I love, love, love it!
dorothy r.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I was excited to buy this CD because I absolutely loved Ke$ha.
When I bought this CD, I expected that it'd have the F-bombs, since
there isn't an explicit version or edited (clean) version.
Once I received the CD, I opened it up and listened to it noticing
censorship on every F-bomb. Then on the cannibal cd, they censored
out SH-T, even though they play it uncensored on Ke$ha's web site.
Other than that, the CD is good. I love ke$ha, so this censored cd
won't harm me that much - I'll just get used to it...
Jordan P.
Lafayette, CA
I love Ke$ha. Right when this was released I bought it. All of the songs are really upbeat and easily get stuck in my head all day. I think she has a really amazing voice and is super talented. When ever my friends and I are bored we would always just listen and dance along to this album.
Alexandra B.
Columbus, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like a few of the songs. I don't put it on repeat that often and usually skip the songs but when I'm getting ready for a night out or road trip I turn this play list on because it's fun and upbeat. Gives you a sassy attitude when you're driving in the car.
Sara T.
Washington, DC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Free Kesha! I miss her catchy music, not for every-day listening, but for road trips and workouts (to keep me awake/get me pumped up). Hopefully the mixed news reports are true, that Dr. Luke is or will be fired from Sony for what happened with Kesha.
Lindsey L.
Center , TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I don't know what everyones problem is with Ke$ha. I love her music and i think it is very upbeat and fun to listen to, especially on a girls night now! Makes me want to dance the night away!
Jessica B.
Benton, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I find you can get bored with these songs very quickly. Ok for a night out but if you want something to listen to it for the sake of wanting good music I don't recommend it
LaLa N.
Morgan Hill, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is one of those albums that you like for a few months because it's fun, but it has no substance so you delete it from your iPod and move on.
Stephanie R.
Loved this CD. I remember constantly listening to it while driving to school or if I went camping. The songs are just super catchy. :)