BY KAYTEE

Kaytee hamster/gerbil forti-diet food - 3 lb. see more...

Jessica A.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My hamster ate Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Hamster food for its entire life. She lived to be a very old age for a hamster and never had any health issues. I attribute this to her diet. She was always happy and energetic and had beautiful shiny hair. The food was very affordable compared to other brands and was highly recommended by the pet store that I bought my hamster from. The directions are very clean on the bag so you know exactly how and what you are feeding your pet. I would highly recommend this food.
Nicole T.
Sunnyside, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
For hamsters and gerbils, but my mice and rats LOVE it. It gives them a choice from the bland lab blocks from time to time and is great to help them add extra weight while fighting a cold etc, or if they are older. I have 4 rats and they are old and love eating this. My hamsters loved it too and they would have their fav seeds but would eat most of it.
Kat F.
Cliffwood , NJ
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
This mix contains corn & peas, two high GI foods that shouldn't be part of a dwarf hamsters diet (as they are prone to diabetes). Its not an awful base mix for Roborovski or Syrian hamsters, though the protein amount is too low and should be supplemented with mealworms or steamed chicken, or mixed with a high protein lab block food.
Minerva T.
Kyle
I don't have my Roborovski anymore but when I did, he did enjoy this mix a bit, especially the sunflower seeds. I did have to supplement his diet a little bit though considering how much more protein/energy he needed. Those little guys exercise quite a lot!
Andrea M.
Antioch, CA
I haven't had a hamster in a few years, but I know that Kaytee does make a very good blend for them! The mix was always something that had a variety of seeds and crunchies that my pets loved. I was never disappointed.
Melanie S.
Manitowoc, WI
Most affordable food I could find locally for my gerbils, and they seemed to like it. Good amount of sunflower seeds, so my gerbils didn't get fat eating this.
Lara S.
Sedro Woolley, WA
The hamster I had really enjoyed this stuff, it also has a variety of different things in there. She had a blast organizing all her favorite foods from it.
Keturah F.
Atlantic City, NJ
My hamster loves this food. At night we put him in his exercise ball with his food and he runs around the house eating this and getting exercise. It's also affordable and lasts a long time.