BY KATE SOMERVILLE

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A fine-misting aerosol makeup setting spray that delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen protection. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Fine lines and wrinkles If you want to know more…UncompliKated SPF Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen protection that can be applied throughout the day on top of your makeup without disruption. The fine-misting aerosol spray dries down quickly to instantly set makeup, reduce shine, and provide a matte finish and soft-focus effect. Hyaluronic acid provides lightweight hydration while light diffusing silicone powder blurs and softens the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The perfect solution to set your makeup and protect from the harmful effects of the sun, skin will be left softer and healthier-looking. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates As a California girl, Kate loves the outdoors and being in the sun, but also realizes that you need to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun by using sunscreen. Most people however don't use sunscreen as directed (reapplying every two hours) for a number of reasons: they forget to re-apply, it can be messy or time consuming, they applied their sunscreen under their makeup and don't want to remove and reapply, and more. So Kate decided to create a sunscreen that was simple and effective yet uncomplicated. With UncompliKated SPF, you just spray and go, leaving your makeup set and your skin protected from the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone 3.00%, Homosalate 10.00%, Octisalate 5.00%, Octocrylene 10.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%Purpose: Sunscreen

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Alcohol Denat., Isobutane, Propane, Isododecane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene, PVP, Methyl Dihydroabietate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Silica Silylate, Pentylene Glycol

Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray
  • "now you can protect your face and not ruin your make up! this makeup setting spray has 50 spf and a soft matte finish so you won't look shiny. the only con about that i experienced is if you sweat and it's to close to your eyes it burns, so avoid the eyes! this is for sure my new #summerfavorite" in 5 reviews
Sarah S.
Much better than a traditional facial SPF, but not without flaws.

I love using this product. The packaging dispenses the product perfectly! You just need to hold the can about 8-10 inches away from your face and press the button! This type of application makes it much easier to work with than a cream-based SPF, which will take a few moments and some smart application in order to be invisible and not disturb makeup. It's the ease of use that will keep me returning to this product over and over again.

After applying, this product sits invisibly atop your makeup, providing a small but noticeable anti-shine effect. This product will not help with reducing oil or completely preventing shine, but it will provide a little bit of a softening effect. I don't wear makeup other than mascara and under eye concealer, so I can't really say how well it sets makeup. I will say, though, that the products I do use (concealer, blush) last ALL day and look flawless with this setting spray.

You do need to reapply this product every few hours, as per the manufacturer's instructions, so I wish Kate Somerville offered a smaller size. It's annoying to have to carry this large spray in your handbag all day.
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
This products makes life easier as it protects from the sun, and helps set the makeup. It's also a great product to carry in your purse and reapply throughout the day. I use it both on Shiseido BB cream and on my regular makeup. The mist is very fine and dries on the face quickly. It doesn't make skin feel tight or dry. The scent is a bit strong at first, but it doesn't bother me. While the spray performs great, it irritates my eyes. I have a few facial/makeup setting sprays, but this is the only one doing that, so I blame it on SPF. I close my eyes when applying this spray, but my eyes are very sensitive and since it gets on my lids and undereyes, it makes my eyes itchy and teary. It's a very recent purchase, so I'm still unsure if I want to continue using it. It works fine if I cover my eyes and avoid applying too close to them, but that makes using it inconvenient, especially when on a go. It's a great product, and many people, who don't have sensitivity like I do, could benefit from using it.
Megan M.
Atlanta
I bought this for an outdoor festival I was attending. It worked well for me, though not sure I'd use on a daily basis. It does leave you with a shiny look, but didn't mess too much with my makeup. The smell is a little strong to me, but I just hold my breath for a moment after spraying. However, a friend standing nearby really liked the scent of it. I am a super pale redhead, so I get burned very easily. I was outside all day in 90°+ weather (and humid) and I didn't get burned, and still had my makeup more or less intact! I reapplied every couple of hours. I'm definitely happy with it for doing it's job!
Kerry C.
Sylvania
Love the first application of the product and how it makes my makeup look locked in for the day yet glowy. However that glow turns to an oil like shine throughout the day which is clearly not cute. 9/10 would recommend. If you have dry skin you’re probably fine. Love the continuous spray method as well.
Cassandra C.
Streamwood, IL
I want to like this because of how easy it is to reapply sunscreen on the go, but the lavender scent is just too much for me. It also is pretty greasy and ends up getting in and irritating my eyes every time I use it. It is also really loud to use in public. It sounds like you are shaking a spray paint can and the scent lingers really badly so you need to use it in a well vented area.
Christina H.
Tacoma
I absolutely love this. It’s light and effective. I just ordered more from the add-on sale at Fabfitfun! I need spf and a setting spray and I like that this is combined. It’s also a great size to take on the go!
Irina K.
Moreland Hls, OH
It is one of the best combinations in the skincare world: sun care and setting spray combination. This aerosol spray works very well dispersing a very fine mist and it is not disrupting the makeup at all!
Commarrah B.
I expected better from this brand, honestly. I followed instructions as I do with all stupidly expensive products and my makeup slid off hours later from the oil. The amount of oil was such that you could have put me in the back of a spy car and used it for slick on the road. If you want to help James Bond villains escape or provide a renewable energy resource for the US, buy this product.
Antigoni P.
Little Neck, NY
This isn’t a cheap product, and it’s a product I lived for at first and wanted to love all around. Unfortunately, it irritated my eyes, A LOT, every time I would swear a little, or had to rub my face, there went the irritation. On the plus side, the spf was great, I never got a burn, the smell was pleasantly herbaceous, my makeup stayed in place (as long as I didn’t need to blot).
Aisha A.
It’s so strong, I wish the spray came out more like a most instead of forcefully like dry shampoo. It smells so strong and has a massive sunscreen smell. I got it in my mouth once and I couldn’t get the taste out literally all day. Honestly just get a different sunscreen all together and avoid this
Paige R.
Pittsburgh, PA
I've never used setting spray, does it work??
Stephanie C.
Broomall, PA
Does anybody know where i can possibly get this? I'm needing a setting powder or spray and with the SPF 50 this is certainly the time of year to try it.
Oyuky R.
RIO RANCHO, NM
Does this spray leave your skin oily?
Danielle D.
Calgary
I can't order this currently, because they don't ship to Canada. It's coming to Sephora Canada this summer, but I can't wait for it. I need sun protection now, while I wait for this to arrive in 🇨🇦 stores. I like to workout and be outside ☀️ during my lunch hour, but not have to ruin my makeup since I have to return to work afterwards. What is a good dupe for this SPF makeup 💄 setting spray?
Thalita G.
Alguém sabe para que serve ?