BY KATE SOMERVILLE #49 in Setting Spray

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A fine-misting aerosol makeup setting spray that delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen protection. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Fine lines and wrinkles If you want to know more…UncompliKated SPF Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen protection that can be applied throughout the day on top of your makeup without disruption. The fine-misting aerosol spray dries down quickly to instantly set makeup, reduce shine, and provide a matte finish and soft-focus effect. Hyaluronic acid provides lightweight hydration while light diffusing silicone powder blurs and softens the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The perfect solution to set your makeup and protect from the harmful effects of the sun, skin will be left softer and healthier-looking. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates As a California girl, Kate loves the outdoors and being in the sun, but also realizes that you need to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun by using sunscreen. Most people however don't use sunscreen as directed (reapplying every two hours) for a number of reasons: they forget to re-apply, it can be messy or time consuming, they applied their sunscreen under their makeup and don't want to remove and reapply, and more. So Kate decided to create a sunscreen that was simple and effective yet uncomplicated. With UncompliKated SPF, you just spray and go, leaving your makeup set and your skin protected from the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays.

• This sounds like a dream come true - is it worth the hefty price ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone with dry skin used this? I'm not looking for oil contr...1 Answers
  • How is the #kateSomerville #Uncomplikated #makeupsettingspray? Do...1 Answers
Edita P.
Middleton , MA
This products makes life easier as it protects from the sun, and helps set the makeup. It's also a great product to carry in your purse and reapply throughout the day. I use it both on Shiseido BB cream and on my regular makeup. The mist is very fine and dries on the face quickly. It doesn't make skin feel tight or dry. The scent is a bit strong at first, but it doesn't bother me. While the spray performs great, it irritates my eyes. I have a few facial/makeup setting sprays, but this is the only one doing that, so I blame it on SPF. I close my eyes when applying this spray, but my eyes are very sensitive and since it gets on my lids and undereyes, it makes my eyes itchy and teary. It's a very recent purchase, so I'm still unsure if I want to continue using it. It works fine if I cover my eyes and avoid applying too close to them, but that makes using it inconvenient, especially when on a go. It's a great product, and many people, who don't have sensitivity like I do, could benefit from using it.
Courtney J.
Austin, TX
This is the worst setting spray that I’ve ever used! It made my makeup look disgusting almost immediately, it smelled terrible, and it was WAY too expensive. I ended up returning this to Sephora for a refund. I would never recommend this to anyone, not even my worst enemy. No thank you.
Commarrah B.
I expected better from this brand, honestly. I followed instructions as I do with all stupidly expensive products and my makeup slid off hours later from the oil. The amount of oil was such that you could have put me in the back of a spy car and used it for slick on the road. If you want to help James Bond villains escape or provide a renewable energy resource for the US, buy this product.
nancy a.
You know that suntan lotion mixed with sea salt mixed with expensive vacation mixed with pina colada? that's exactly how this bottle smells. Its a vacation in every spray! I love it, especially the high SPF in such a convenient packaging. They lose a star because it does get sticky in my neck.
Phoebe C.
Marietta, GA
I love that this setting spray has such a high SPF. A lot of my favorite makeup products don’t have any built in sun protection so it’s nice to have a spray that can keep me covered in that department
Loany N.
I am very pleased with this spray. It does what it says as long as you follow the instructions. Does it set my make up? I think so. I used it over my Osmosis Color Correcting Foundation and Benefit blush and everything looked still fabulous by the end of the day. But what I like best about this spray is that it is an aerosol spray can which produces a wonderfully light mist which dries quickly on the skin - unlike the Supergoop Rosemary Setting Spray which makes your face wet and contains alcohol, this spray will make your skin feel as if you applied moisturizer for 2 minutes or so, until the mist has entirely evaporated, but I didn't perceive this as an oily feeling. After that your skin feels as if you're not wearing any sunscreen. I had no feeling of irritation or dryness from this as I do experience with other SPFs. Just make sure to not spray this on your eye lids and like the instructions say - open the window of the room where you spray. If you do those things you'll definitely enjoy this spray. I love the convenience of this spray as I don't have to add an additional layer of cream to my already extensive skin care regimen (layering essence, serums and moisturizers, etc). I will be using this a lot this summer.
Kristina K.
Elmhurst, IL
OBSESSED with this one. It doubles as sunscreen and setting spray. So it's super convenient, but still completely helps with sun protection. Super lightweight, doesn't break up foundation either.
Vipasana K.
i like the concept of this product being a sunscreen and makeup setting spray as well. i can easily re-apply my spf without worrying about ruining my makeup. i wish it was not as pricey tho.
Daisy C.
Orland, ME
I have been looking for a SPF mist for my face to allow me to reapply SPF during the day and not ruin my face makeup. I tried Coola' s Organic Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 to no avail. While it did protect my skin from the sun, it sprayed a thick mist, leaving small, white spots all over my face, hair and clothes. When I saw the Kate Somerville Uncomplikated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray on Sephora.com, I thought it was worth a try. It's amazing!! It has the finest mist, leaves no color on my skin, requires no rubbing in (which I had to do with Coola's product due to bad application), and protects my skin fully! I would recommend this product to anyone who would listen! Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting SprayCoola SPF 30 Organic Matte Makeup Setting Spray
Rachael D.
Vancouver
I love how innovative this product is; it really makes my life a lot easier, especially when I'm out and about. I take my sun protection regimen very seriously, so this spray is amazingly convenient when I need to reapply! The high SPF of 50 is also much appreciated - this is what sets this product apart from other sunscreen setting sprays like the Coola one. I've also noticed there's not as much of a chemical-y or alcohol-y fumes and stinging situation as the Supergoop spray.

Upon application, this product leaves a nice finish, although I wouldn't say it's traceless. For the most part, I don't feel it even though it sprays quite strongly, so I don't really mind (a thicker layer is probably necessary if you want adequate sun protection from spray-form sunscreen). Also, since I have normal-to-dry skin and I like a dewy skin look, I haven't found greasiness to be an issue personally. In terms of improving the longevity of my makeup, I think it boosts the wear time slightly; not as much as something like UD All Nighter, but that's totally understandable. Overall, great product!
Paige R.
Pittsburgh, PA
I've never used setting spray, does it work??
Stephanie C.
Broomall
Does anybody know where i can possibly get this? I'm needing a setting powder or spray and with the SPF 50 this is certainly the time of year to try it.
Oyuky R.
RIO RANCHO, NM
Does this spray leave your skin oily?
Thalita G.
Alguém sabe para que serve ?
olanike i.
New Haven, CT
How much does this cost? Will it make me break out?