BY KATE SOMERVILLE #71 in Facial Cleansers

A daily foaming cleanser that gently cleanses away oil, makeup and surface impurities to reveal softer, smoother skin.A foaming facial cleanser, gentle enough for daily use and designed to maximize the benefits of Kate's #1 best-selling ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.Gently removes surface impurities, oil and makeup.Refines the appearance of skin texture without over-drying.Refreshes, softens and conditions skin.Helps reduce the appearance of pores.

Benefits

• Gently removes surface impurities, oil and makeup.
  • Refines the appearance of skin texture without over-drying.
  • Refreshes, softens and conditions skin.
  • Helps reduce the appearance of pores.

Key Ingredients

• Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid refine the appearance of pores and help clear buildup on skin's surface.
  • Pineapple, Pumpkin and Papaya Enzymes gently purify without over-drying, leaving skin feeling soft and moisturized.

• Would this be too harsh for sensitive skin?3 Answers
  • Has anyone with acne-prone skin tried this cleanser. ? Would you ...2 Answers
  • How is this on sensitive skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Tiffany B.
Easley, SC
I’ve been using this cleanser for about a month and it just recently became my favorite cleanser. I use this to remove my makeup and clean my face and it really is an all-in-one. It removes makeup like a dream and leaves my skin feeling so clean. I have very dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this did not dry out or irritate my skin. It smells so good and you only need the slightest amount of product to cleans your entire face and neck. This and OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel are seriously the power duo. My face is already looking better and my cystic acne doesn’t flare up nearly as much as it did. I still have problem areas, but a good spot treatment helps with that. I look forward to seeing where my face will be in another month, as I’m very impressed with the current results. If you need a good cleanser, definitely give this one a try!
Sarah H.
Lake St Louis , MO
While pregnant, I walked into Sephora I was looking for a facial cleanser that was safe to use but also effective.  The manager introduced me to Kate Somerville products and explained how her brand uses natural ingredients as well as lab-created ingredients.  I took this face wash home and have been hooked every since.  It leaves your face feeling clean, a clean that I have never felt before.  The scent is very nice and you can pickup on hints of lemon and fresh fruit. You just need a very small amount of this cleanser and one bottle lasted me about 6 months which is impressive because I wash my face two times a day.  I have recommended this product to everyone I know and continue to use this daily (I am no longer pregnant, I just love the product that much).  This is amazing!
Shakeela P.
Littleton, NC
Initially, I was worried about using something new because of my sensitive skin but it was a success! I can honestly say my skin has never looked so good and fresh with any other product. There is a tingling/hot feeling that happens when you are using the product but once you rinse, it goes away. The exfoliating beads are very tiny which I like better compared to rough exfoliating products I have used in the past. I have used this in and out of the shower and I think that using it in the shower, after your face has had some time to soften and steam will get you the best results. The price is a bit high, but I believe it's worth it. Because of the high price, I use this sparingly and only when my skin gets very dry and flaky.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
The following opinions are mine and mine only. I tried this cleanser because I had heard so much hype about it at the local beauty store and I loved another product in the line that helped as a spot treatment for acne. So I bought a small size of this cleanser and it only took a little bit of a creamy dot on my face brush and it easily worked up into a lather that covered my whole face. It does smell a little like citrus which is not my favorite smell, but if that does not bother you I think this is a great one.
I did note, however, that the Detox wash that comes with the acne kit actually has the acids that are in this on top of other acids so if you are looking for getting rid of spots and getting a glowing complexion just know that the detox cleanser in this line has several different acids to tackle several different problems while there is only glycolic and salicylic acid in this one. Ps. The smell from the detox wash did not bother me. I still have it.
Chelsie H.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is a great face wash but it is a little on the pricey side. It is the perfect balance between gentle and harsh. I also like that there are other styles of this wash for extra gentle or acne prone skin that people can choose. I liked using this facewash. It gave me a nice clean and refreshed skin feeling. I would use it with the exfolikate exfoliator every other day. The only reason I haven’t gone back to this is because I found a less expensive face wash that works just as good.
Jada T.
I LOVE THIS CLEANSER!!! I have combination skin or “normal” skin. But I think that term is idiotic because all skin is normal. Anyway, I bought this cleaner last August and it’s lasted me until January. Which is a damn long time for twice a day use. I love this and the scent is so bright and refreshing. I even got my boyfriend to start using it. I don’t have acne other than the occasional period zit in my T-zone. But this kept my skin clean, that I know.
Shaina L.
Clovis, CA
This is my absolute favorite so far that I've tried. And I've tried a lot of cleansers. This one leaves my skin feeling the freshest and cleansed compared to others I've tried. Combined with the moisturizer it's the best! My skin never feels dry after washing. I have normal/acne-prone skin and it's actually helped tone down my break outs, especially when aunt flow comes to visit every month. Definitely give it a try if you're thinking about it!
Danielle S.
Canonsburg, PA
I just started using this cleanser about a month ago and I really like it I also use expel locate treatment once a week and I think they go great together. It works well with my Clarisonic which is a big deal for me. It smells nice. It’s not a make up remover so I will not recommend that you put this on your eyes because you will have your Tatian. But so far has made my skin very smooth and soft and is not strip but after oils. Will continue to repurchase.
Lauren h.
Brookline
Doesn’t really foam unless you use one of those tools that make foam (available on amazon!). But I liked it enough to finish a full size tube of it. It’s not scrub, so quite gentle on the skin. It’s not strongly mechanically exfoliating but I like it better that way. It has enzymes from fruits to help with exfoliating. I saw less effect of it as time went on, perhaps the enzymes denatured after a few months. I probably won’t repurchase.
Vale R.
Baton Rouge, LA
This cleanser does the job, my skin feels clean and soft after I use it. I usually have a lot of acne and this product did not cause any break outs. I personally love Kate Summerville products, and as always, there are a lot of great ingredients in this formula. The cleanser is creamy, has a nice green color, and foams great. The only thing that I do not like about this product is the smell (this is just my personal opinion, you might like it). It has an orange-citrus-anis-liquorish aroma that I just highly dislike. I do want to clear out that this product does not have any physical exfoliadors so you will not feel any grainy sensation while using it. The name exfolikate can be a little misleading since people usually expect a physical exfoliator, but this product does have enzymes and other compounds that are suppose to exfolite the skin and make
it smoother.
Catherine K.
Would this be too harsh for sensitive skin?
Michele W.
Springfield, MO
This sounds great!!! I need a daily exfoliating and with it to be all in one!!! Does it dry out you skin or is it pretty hydrating??
Salina G.
San Jose, CA
What kind of results do you see from this? Is this suitable for dry skin?
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Has anyone with acne-prone skin tried this cleanser. ? Would you recommend ?
Maddie H.
Dallas , TX
Is this worth the money?!