BY KATE SOMERVILLE

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination A daily foaming acne cleanser that promotes visibly clearer skin without drying. Solutions for: - Acne and blemishes - Oiliness - Pores If you want to know more… This powerful, medicated cleanser delivers a luxuriously whipped texture and three percent sulfur to address acne and blemishes, draw out impurities, and target congested pores. Honey and rice bran extracts calm redness, while natural oat extract addresses excess sebum. With continued use, this gentle, yet effective daily cleanser leaves skin clearer with visibly minimized pores. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates

• How well does this work?? My skin seems to respond the be...1 Answers
  • Is this just to wash your face or do you leave it on for ...2 Answers
  • I've had a recent breakout, does anyone recommend this fo...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I'm really loving this cleanser. I'm in my 30s and I have oily skin, which is especially prone to comedones (clogged, congested pores) and hormonal breakouts. (I mention this because there are a lot of different types of acne and just because something says it is good for "acne" that doesn't make it good for all types of acne). Anyway, feeling desperation, I picked this up during a particularly horrible series of breakouts. It's an EXCELLENT formula! Gentle enough to not irritate my skin or make it super dry, but effective enough to get the job done. My skin has rapidly improved since adding this to my regimen. It has a nice, soft, almost pudding-y texture-but still produces a nice lather. It seems to help to calm the inflammation of active zits as well. It is fairly expensive, but the ingredients are high quality. This is a true TREATMENT cleanser. A little goes a long way, and a dime sized dollop is enough to do my face, neck, and chest. I find it cleans quite well on it's own, but if you're wearing something like heavy sunblock, foundation, cc cream, eye makeup, etc you'll probably want to remove it first or do a double cleanse. The instructions say to leave it on for 30 seconds. If you have sensitive skin, are really prone to dryness, or likely to get "purging" breakouts; I would suggest giving your skin time to adjust-start by using this every other day and/or leaving it on for less time." in 17 reviews
Sandy C.
Tacoma, WA
I am a thirty year old woman that still gets breakouts like I did at 17. I Have spent most of my life  suffering from cystic acne.  Every month I get a hormonal breakout. The lady at Sephora recommended I try this face wash to see if it helped with my breakouts that I was currently having. I took it home and I used it for about five days a notice that all of my large cystic acne breakout spots had shrunk down to almost nothing and I noticed that I wasn’t getting the small whiteheads that I typically would get.  I thought the price was a little bit much but I was willing to purchase. I’m very happy with this product and I’m interested in trying more products. I would just have to spread it out because it’s a little bit on the pricey side.  I sampled the oil free moisturizer in it has such a pleasant smell. I’m definitely going to have to get that next.
Kristi G.
Rosemead, CA
I used to be a huge fan of Kate Somerville products (still a fan of their overnight acne spot treatment) but man, this was kind of a disappointment. Honestly speaking, it was somewhat effective, but I could honestly just go buy Sunday Riley's Clay cleanser and get better results. Even though the Clay Cleanser's main purpose isn't to get rid of acne, it still does a better job than this product. After using this product, it left my face feeling super dry and uncomfortable. I don't know if it helped with my acne cause I just ended getting more right after, but man... disappointed. I felt like this product was super gimmicky, but it seems to do the trick for other people. Just not me. Would I recommend this product? Everyone's face is different, what works for me may not work for you. It's a 50/50 recommendation.
Eleesha T.
Orleans
I really like this product I have been using it for a couple weeks now and I have to say I will probably repurchase this even tho I don’t really have acne. It lathers up very nicely and it leaves my face feeling so clean!! It doesn’t dry my skin out or strip it it’s just the perfect gentle face cleaner and I would recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin!
Leanne S.
Chicago
I’ve been using my deluxe sample for about 5 months now and once it runs out I will definitely be purchasing the full size. I have hormonal acne on my chin and this has really helped to keep it under control, especially when used twice a day. I will say though that my face does sometimes get sensitive when using twice a day.
Jessica S.
Cedarhurst, NY
It's not my favorite Kate productm first of all it smells like sulfur which is something I can personally get past but not everyone can. It didn't give me as quick of results as other Kate products either so I found myself slightly disappointed. After some time it did work though paired with some neutrogena products.
Cassandra I.
Orlando, FL
So, I really like this product. It's main component is sulfur, which, is my absolute favorite for tacking multiple skin issues I have (acne, . Unlike other acne clearing cleansers, I find this is gentler and I can use it multiple days in a row without having any adverse effects. Obviously, it still smells like sulfur, and again, as I have indicated in previous reviews, does not bother me, because I find it works best for my skin, my acne problems, and it also appears to moisturize my skin better than typical salicylic acid treatments that you can find in a drugstore.
Amelia R.
Mandeville , LA
This product was recommended to me after I had been suffering from adult acne. This product is incredible!! I saw instant results the next day! With in a week my skin was clear. It has a strong sulfur smell but the way this product works totally makes up for it!
Kate A.
Goshen, IN
I’ve had this product for a little over three months but within a week I started seeing results. I use it at night with the Foreo LUNA(TM) play Petal Pink and I haven’t had a breakout since. It doesn’t have a great smell but it works wonders on the skin. Worth the buy!
Allie P.
I like this product! It’s different from your regular acne treatment! I feel like it did what it’s suppose to do! Although I’m not a big fan of the smell! It leaves a weird smell that lingers after you have done dried your face and moved on from washing it!
Kourtney W.
Carrollton, GA
A favorite I’ve purchased for my husband. A gentle exfoliating wash, with a nice lather. Perfect for daily use morning or nighttime. Always leaves your face feeling clean and refreshed without being too harsh. Great buy that we always keep on hand!
Courtney W.
Long beach, CA
I've had a recent breakout, does anyone recommend this for light acne???
Claudia S.
Is this just to wash your face or do you leave it on for a little?
ashley r.
Bellevue, MI
Does this really work for acneic skin? Not just get a couple break outs here and there.?
Has anyone tried this product and is it good for sensitive skin ?
David F.
Brooklyn, NY
What are your experiences using Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser Acne Treatment. Does it dry out your skin?