Kat Von D Tattoo LinerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY KAT VON D #4 in Eyeliner

Nothin’, we mean nothin’, makes whipping out a killer Kat Eye easier than Tattoo Liner. This brush-tip liquid liner is the magic wand of makeup. Kat uses it every single day, and we really aren’t sure how we would get along without it ; )

Why, you ask? The highly pigmented, 24-hour-wear formula is waterproof and transfer-resistant. That means those lines aren’t goin’ anywhere…Insane days and sleepless nights can’t touch our Kat Eyes!

The precision brush tip is the key to super-fine lines. No less than 325 flexible bristles come together in a tight, crisp point, ready to unleash invincible lines. The supple, saturated brush glides across lids in silky, smooth strokes, making Tattoo Liner the ultimate tool for both makeup newbies and beauty pros alike.

We often marvel at how amazing it is that a teeny-tiny tip can contain so much possibility—wings, fine lines, detailwork...we could go on all day! Choose from raven-black Trooper or rich, chocolate Mad Max Brown for all your Kat Eye needs!

We <3 seeing all our KVD Beauties killin it in Tattoo Liner! Share your wild & wonderful creations with #kvdlook!

• Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but...272 Answers
  • Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at...155 Answers
  • Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?126 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Super precision tip makes smooth lines that are long-lasting. Glides on flawlessly and lasts all day. But my favorite part? It dries instantly so I don't get a thick black line in my crease when I open my eyes. A great tool for winged and cat-eye liner." in 4024 reviews
  • "Was scared to use this eyeliner, as I find liquid eyeliner a bit intimidating. Luckily this eyeliner had a thin tip, and the pen/marker-like applicator was super thin allowing lots of control. A very black shade, perfect for customizing your eyeliner - can do super thin liner, thick, or cat eye. Very pleasantly surprised!" in 2325 reviews
  • "Seriously the best liquid eyeliner hands down. Lasts all day (and even overnight when I forget to take off my makeup... guilty!) Seriously, doesn't smudge or fade AT ALL. Easily comes off with makeup remover. PERFECT PRODUCT - worth every penny. " in 1093 reviews
  • "I love this eyeliner! Long lasting and bold! The applicator can make it easy to line thin or thick, stays on an fast drying! It isn't 100% waterproof, sadly, but it can stand the test in some cases. I've been rained on and not dripped as long as I dabbed it with a kleenex occasionally. Overall, love and depend on it!" in 962 reviews
Laura K.
Wilkes Barre, PA
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I can’t even read enough about this eyeliner. I wear a cat I see much every single day. I have really oily skin. This is the only black eyeliner that stays put and doesn’t smear down my greasy face. The brush is so easy to maneuver and it gives you a place ending point. I could go to sleep after a night out and wake up with it and still have it look fantastic. I know this is terrible for you and it’s not something I do often but when I do it reminds me of how long wearing this eyeliner us. It’s highly pigmented and in a nice classy black.
I’ve loved Kat Von D back when she was on Miami ink. I feel only an artist and a woman combined would be able to create such a great long lasting product. I love the brush better then then felt tip pen. But I do keep the felt tip travel size in my purse where I need to do touchups. I’ll be honest though I’ve only ones had to open up the travel size pen to do a touch up once. The only reason for
That is I was at a festival for 13 hours in 90° heat and within a waterpark (peach fest) If you like a cat eye with serious longevity you need to invest in this. I get a couple months out of the pen. I’ve been using this product about 5 years. I buy about three year I’ll be honest it seems one always seems dry out faster but it could just be me and the way I store it. I try always store it in my make up container point down I’m sure there is been times I don’t. That might’ve been the problem. But the success rate high!
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Best of the best. If you are into winged liner/cat eyes then you should of already copped up on this beauty! I can almost just promise that you won't be let down! Holy grail for many people... And counting. I was sold on this when a worker at spehora did a winged eyeliner look on me and I had to have it. Ive been using for many years now but sadly I'm still not as good as that bomb azzzz worker in sephora lol working on it and I swear out of everything in this world it's just one thing I will never seem to perfect! I still go there with my Kvd every 5 or 6 months to have her do it for me if I'm going out or have something special to attend... She's dope and wish she came with the liner! Oh and they can't take cash tips so if someone ever was super helpful to you in sephora plz get their name or names and locate the on the back of your receipt how to make a comment to sephora so they can know what bomb a** employees they have! (only met like 2 not so great employees there and they were just prob on the rag or something so idk who knows but anyways praise the good ones who make going into the store like a mini vacation every time! )
Forreal the only bad thing I can say it that sometimes it can dry out pretty fast, which sucks becuase it's expensive! (single mother here)
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Review for: Other more...
I have used so many eyeliner pens from so many different brands in various price ranges but imust say that this is one of the best eyeliners that I have ever used. It goes on so smoothly & gives a rich black color. Applying eyeliner with this just takes 1 minute & I get perfect line & color. Even when I am in hurry I don't have to worry much about getting perfect eyeliner. Also, this eyeliner doesn't smudge at all & the color doesn't fade even after 5-6 hours . My only issue with this eyeliner is the felt tip I think it could get little better but it's not that it's bad or something but I just felt it can be better & there is a room for improvement. I remove it with eye makeup remover as just using a cleansing oil & a face clenaser doesn't remove it perfectly. I have been using it for 2-3 months now & I am quiet happy with the eyeliner. I would definitely recommend this.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
Seriously this is the holy Grail of liquid eyeliner. Thank you to the may Sephora play box for introducing me to it. I'm hopeless with liquid liner and never feel very confident with applying it. This changes my eye liner game. First of all, the precision point is unbelievable. I am able to line from corner to corner with an even, smooth like that looks great. It doesn't smear or smudge and even after many uses, the point retains it's precision shape and the color applies just as bold. It lasts all day too I've worn it up to 16 hours at work and it stays put completely. There is no fading, no bleeding under eye and it really looks the same at the end of the day as it does when I apply it. I would recommend it to anyone whether they are scared of liquid or are a pro at applying it. This is really made for anyone to be able to apply it and feel confident doing so. This really has impressed me and though I am more pencil liner, I have bought this tattoo liner in multiple shades and it will become part of my liner rotation too
Jasmine G.
Costa Mesa, CA
Review for: Trooper Black, Mad Max Brown more...
I love this eyeliner! I use it every time I do my makeup. I always have Trooper Black or Mad Max Brown on hand depending on what look I am going for. This eyeliner really last all day! Even when I wash my face I have to make sure I use an eye makeup remover to help take it off its that good! It doesn't irritate my eyes and it goes on smooth. I always get the perfect wing look with this. I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone and everyone! You have to try it. I love Kat Von D and her products are some of the best! I am never disappointed. I mean it is a little pricey $20 for an eyeliner but trust me it is worth EVERY PENNY! I make sure I'm always stocked up with them. Can't live without it!
Michelle H.
Review for: Trooper Black more...
New holy grail. After years of repurchasing other highly-touted liquid eyeliner pens, I finally took a risk and tried this one... and the risk was worth it! The main difference between the Kat Von D liner vs. other liners is the stiffness of the pen tip - it makes controlling your line SO much easier than the other felt tip liners, which tend to have softer tips which have some more give and can cause more wobble in your line. The softer felt tip of the other pens also tend to fray more quickly, giving you a less precise line, whereas the KVD tip stays stiffer longer, thus it gives you a sharper, more precise line longer as well.

I don't see a significant difference in pigmentation between the KVD liner and other high end liquid liners, and staying power isn't too different either, but the controllability is what makes this product a stand out winner. That, and the fact that it doesn't dry out too quickly, like another dual-ended liquid eyeliner pen that I loved the pigmentation of, but died on me too often.
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
Review for: Trooper Black, Other more...
I love makeup but my favorite part about makeup aside from lipstick is eyeliner. Ever since I tried the Kat Von D tattoo liner I have had no other eyeliner in my makeup vanity. This line is not only high-quality it has a very fine tip that allows you to do a lot more than just a wing liner you can get in there and make some really cool and intricate details if you're a little bit more risque on how you like your eyeliner. It also comes in a variety of colors. It dries to almost a semi matte but stays very well so if you forget you have eye makeup on and you rub your eyes nine times out of 10 you would not have ruined your eyeliner. It's worth every penny I love this liner and it lasts a decent amount of time and with as much as I use mine I find that the tip does not really go go because of the way that the brush in the tip is designed.
Christy B.
St. Louis, MO
Review for: Trooper Black more...
Unpopular opinion here... this eyeliner did not work for me AT ALL. I have relatively dry skin (I'm not a grease machine) and applied to clean, dry skin, but I just could NOT get this liner to actually stick to my eyelid!

No matter how much I shook and inverted this product, it kept coming out partially translucent on my eyelid and any attempts to go back over the area just wiped off whatever was already there. Every try to use a dry erase marker that was running out of ink? It was like that, but on my eyelids. It was truly bizarre.

I've never had this problem with any other liquid eyeliner so I don't have some sort of weird natural liner-repellant in my skin. It's possible I got a dud pen, but honestly, at this price point, that shouldn't happen. I'm sticking with Wet N Wild.
•real• f.
beachwood, OH
OMG this is definitely one of my top, go-to makeup products by far! i would go so far as to say this is the product that allowed me to master learning how to do winged eyeliner. i think it’s performance is worlds above other liquid liner products. it’s unique because it has a brush tip instead of a solid felt tip like others. i feel like felt tip ones are good the first couple of uses but wear out extremely quickly because the felt tip loses rigidity and wears down, making it difficult to use for fine lines. that doesn’t happen with this product at all. however, i will say it is definitely one of my makeup products that i need to replace the most frequently due to it drying out. i am still able to use them for a while when they’re “less juicy” for lining my actual eyelid but need to use the newer, juicier ones to draw the wing. i also usually have like at least 5 of these in my makeup bag because i find their performance level decreases if you use them for a longer continuous period (ie, if you try to use the same one for both eyes in a row) so i usually switch between like at least three for every complete two-eye application for maximum performance.
Hannah H.
Dunnsville, VA
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I had been wanting to try this liner for a while because everyone raves about how great it is. I got a mini one in my June Allure box and tried it with various eye looks. I used it over a base, dry eyeshadow, and my bare eye. It's really easy to handle and pretty easily creates a wing. Unfortunately, it is not as opaque of a black as I like, especially on top of shadow. You really have to build it up. Once it's on it doesn't smudge too easily, unless you are super sweaty. I use makeup wipes to remove it and it takes a few swipes. Overall it's a good liner, I just wish they'd improve the opacity.
Stephanie G.
Boone NC
Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but i want to know personal experiences with this liner :)
Jackie R.
Calgary
Is this available at Sephora?
Savannah S.
Rochester, MN
Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at putting on eyeliner?
Carmen V.
Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?
Kylee R.
Temecula , CA
Is this worth the $20 or is there a drugstore dupe? What is the pigmentation and staying power of this liner?