Kat Von D Tattoo LinerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY KAT VON D #4 in Eyeliner

Nothin’, we mean nothin’, makes whipping out a killer Kat Eye easier than Tattoo Liner. This brush-tip liquid liner is the magic wand of makeup. Kat uses it every single day, and we really aren’t sure how we would get along without it ; )

Why, you ask? The highly pigmented, 24-hour-wear formula is waterproof and transfer-resistant. That means those lines aren’t goin’ anywhere…Insane days and sleepless nights can’t touch our Kat Eyes!

The precision brush tip is the key to super-fine lines. No less than 325 flexible bristles come together in a tight, crisp point, ready to unleash invincible lines. The supple, saturated brush glides across lids in silky, smooth strokes, making Tattoo Liner the ultimate tool for both makeup newbies and beauty pros alike.

We often marvel at how amazing it is that a teeny-tiny tip can contain so much possibility—wings, fine lines, detailwork...we could go on all day! Choose from raven-black Trooper or rich, chocolate Mad Max Brown for all your Kat Eye needs!

We <3 seeing all our KVD Beauties killin it in Tattoo Liner! Share your wild & wonderful creations with #kvdlook!

• Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but i want ...266 Answers
  • Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at putting...151 Answers
  • Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?125 Answers
Media (1954)
Buy on Sephora
  • "Super precision tip makes smooth lines that are long-lasting. Glides on flawlessly and lasts all day. But my favorite part? It dries instantly so I don't get a thick black line in my crease when I open my eyes. A great tool for winged and cat-eye liner." in 5085 reviews
  • "Super precision tip makes smooth lines that are long-lasting. Glides on flawlessly and lasts all day. But my favorite part? It dries instantly so I don't get a thick black line in my crease when I open my eyes. A great tool for winged and cat-eye liner." in 4024 reviews
  • "Was scared to use this eyeliner, as I find liquid eyeliner a bit intimidating. Luckily this eyeliner had a thin tip, and the pen/marker-like applicator was super thin allowing lots of control. A very black shade, perfect for customizing your eyeliner - can do super thin liner, thick, or cat eye. Very pleasantly surprised!" in 2325 reviews
  • "Seriously the best liquid eyeliner hands down. Lasts all day (and even overnight when I forget to take off my makeup... guilty!) Seriously, doesn't smudge or fade AT ALL. Easily comes off with makeup remover. PERFECT PRODUCT - worth every penny. " in 1093 reviews
  • "I love this eyeliner! Long lasting and bold! The applicator can make it easy to line thin or thick, stays on an fast drying! It isn't 100% waterproof, sadly, but it can stand the test in some cases. I've been rained on and not dripped as long as I dabbed it with a kleenex occasionally. Overall, love and depend on it!" in 962 reviews
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Best of the best. If you are into winged liner/cat eyes then you should of already copped up on this beauty! I can almost just promise that you won't be let down! Holy grail for many people... And counting. I was sold on this when a worker at spehora did a winged eyeliner look on me and I had to have it. Ive been using for many years now but sadly I'm still not as good as that bomb azzzz worker in sephora lol working on it and I swear out of everything in this world it's just one thing I will never seem to perfect! I still go there with my Kvd every 5 or 6 months to have her do it for me if I'm going out or have something special to attend... She's dope and wish she came with the liner! Oh and they can't take cash tips so if someone ever was super helpful to you in sephora plz get their name or names and locate the on the back of your receipt how to make a comment to sephora so they can know what bomb a** employees they have! (only met like 2 not so great employees there and they were just prob on the rag or something so idk who knows but anyways praise the good ones who make going into the store like a mini vacation every time! )
Forreal the only bad thing I can say it that sometimes it can dry out pretty fast, which sucks becuase it's expensive! (single mother here)
Angelica H.
Review for: Trooper Black, Mad Max Brown more...
Like a tattoo this liner will last.  Maybe not permanently but well into a hot & sunny 12+ hour day, jam packed with action.

Previously using MAC fluidliner and Revlon Colorstay, I boogied into this because of the super simple application, decent price point, durability, and compactness.  No joke I've gone swimming, partying, sleeping, and admittedly even working out with this baby on and it. does. not. smudge.  The only way it comes off is with my double oil cleansing method.

I'm the owner of excess upper eyelid skin/monolids and because of the firm yet flexible felt tip, application requires NO TUGGING, NO SAGGING, NO WRINKLES! WOOOT!
I get the straightest wing with this at the fastest pace ever.
Just shake, uncap, draw your liner, recap (don't let it dry out) and you're out the door.

Also, this lasted me an entire year using 5 out of 7 days/week and when it finally dried out I temporarily went back to my Mac fluidliner yet still used this dried up felt tip as a brush.

BUY THIS!

Jasmine G.
McMinnville , OR
Review for: Mad Max Brown, Trooper Black more...
I love this eyeliner! I use it every time I do my makeup. I always have Trooper Black or Mad Max Brown on hand depending on what look I am going for. This eyeliner really last all day! Even when I wash my face I have to make sure I use an eye makeup remover to help take it off its that good! It doesn't irritate my eyes and it goes on smooth. I always get the perfect wing look with this. I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone and everyone! You have to try it. I love Kat Von D and her products are some of the best! I am never disappointed. I mean it is a little pricey $20 for an eyeliner but trust me it is worth EVERY PENNY! I make sure I'm always stocked up with them. Can't live without it!
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I heard everyone rave about this eyeliner, so I decided to use my points at Sephora and got two of the mini sized eyeliners. I have to say, this isn't my FAVORITE felt-tip eyeliner out there, I don't know if it's because the ones I got were dried out for whatever reason, or I've just had felt-tip eyeliners that were way more ink-y and darker, but this eyeliner didn't really hit the spot for me. Like I said, when I used it, the eyeliner already seemed a little dried out and I had to go over my liner a couple times to get it to the dark black that I wanted. I use STILA's felt tip eyeliner as well as the NYX epic ink liner as well, and I feel like those are way darker and a lot more ink comes out. I will say that this is still a good eyeliner and it does allow me to have a lot of control over the shape of my eyeliner. I'd still purchase the NYX or STILA over this eyeliner, but I can see why people love this.
Ana W.
Hamilton
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I've struggled my whole life to find an eyeliner that no only looked good on my eyes, but also wouldn't smudge at the tiniest movement. I have extremely hooded eyes, so much so that ones I do my makeup and look straight you can barely notice that I actually out anything on my eyelids. I almost gave up on makeup altogether until a Sephora representative advised me to try this wonderfully magnificent product. Instantly I was in love. It dried quickly and didn't smudge, I could barely get it off with a makeup wipe and that thrilled me. What didn't thrill me so much about the product though was the fact that it dried up relatively fast, even with the cap tightly closed and put away. No matter though, it didn't take away from the extremely great quality of Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. If I could give it 10 stars I would. I 100% would recommend this to anyone and everyone.
Brittney P.
Austin, TX
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I've tried so many liners from low end to high end and for some reason I always come back to the Kat Von D one.

I like the brush on this one as it isn't too flimsy but not too firm and I can easily draw my normal wing. As far as longwear goes, I don't think it disappoints, I've accidentally rubbed my eye and cried and surprisingly the eyeliner is still there. And if it does, it doesn't smudge but kind of flake?

Although it is pretty black, I think other eyeliners are more black and so I wish the KVD was more intense in color. I also go through this like water so spending $20 each time is a lot for me but if it stays on and lasts through whatever then I will continue to buy this liner

Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
Review for: Trooper Black, Other more...
I love makeup but my favorite part about makeup aside from lipstick is eyeliner. Ever since I tried the Kat Von D tattoo liner I have had no other eyeliner in my makeup vanity. This line is not only high-quality it has a very fine tip that allows you to do a lot more than just a wing liner you can get in there and make some really cool and intricate details if you're a little bit more risque on how you like your eyeliner. It also comes in a variety of colors. It dries to almost a semi matte but stays very well so if you forget you have eye makeup on and you rub your eyes nine times out of 10 you would not have ruined your eyeliner. It's worth every penny I love this liner and it lasts a decent amount of time and with as much as I use mine I find that the tip does not really go go because of the way that the brush in the tip is designed.
Jamie M.
Gainesville
Review for: Trooper Black more...
When I first got this product I loved it because it didn't bleed and went on dark. However, it didn't take long before tip of the applicator frayed out and dried out. I could still use it but I found it hard to apply and I had to build up the color. It also just didn't last. All this being said, I think that the felt pens are just not for me regardless of the brand. I decided to switch to using a brush and gel pot. Wouldn't purchase again. Also, the liner seemed to wear off quickly. It didn't at first, but about a month or so in I think between the damaged tip and drying out some, the product just wasn't as good anymore. I do take excellent care of my makeup products and never leave them out or forget to put the cap back on, this is the only item I own that I threw out because of damage prior to finishing up all of the product.
Christy B.
St. Louis, MO
Review for: Trooper Black more...
Unpopular opinion here... this eyeliner did not work for me AT ALL. I have relatively dry skin (I'm not a grease machine) and applied to clean, dry skin, but I just could NOT get this liner to actually stick to my eyelid!

No matter how much I shook and inverted this product, it kept coming out partially translucent on my eyelid and any attempts to go back over the area just wiped off whatever was already there. Every try to use a dry erase marker that was running out of ink? It was like that, but on my eyelids. It was truly bizarre.

I've never had this problem with any other liquid eyeliner so I don't have some sort of weird natural liner-repellant in my skin. It's possible I got a dud pen, but honestly, at this price point, that shouldn't happen. I'm sticking with Wet N Wild.
Gabriela C.
I have sworn by this eyeliner for 3 years and I will continue to do so in the future! This liquid liner has the perfect shape of the tip to help me achieve my winged liner. Other eyeliners I have used in the past have been too wet and drip and smear all over my eyelid. Not this eyeliner! This liner is absolutely PERFECT, its dry, brush-like tip makes application easy and doesn’t make your eyes look messy. While the price is expensive, I find it to be completely worth it as having a sharp eyeliner is one of the most important parts of my makeup looks. If you love your eyeliner, you will love this!
Stephanie G.
Banner Elk, NC
Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but i want to know personal experiences with this liner :)
Jackie R.
Calgary
Is this available at Sephora?
Savannah S.
Rochester, MN
Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at putting on eyeliner?
Carmen V.
Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?
Kylee G.
Is this worth the $20 or is there a drugstore dupe? What is the pigmentation and staying power of this liner?