Add a Photo

By KAT VON D
#2 in Eyeliner

When in doubt, wing it out! And nothin’, we mean nothin’, makes whipping out a killer Kat Eye easier than Tattoo Liner. This brush-tip liquid liner is the magic wand of makeup. Kat uses it every single day, and we really aren’t sure how we would get along without it.

Why, you ask? The highly pigmented, 24-hour-wear formula is waterproof and transfer-resistant. That means those lines aren’t goin’ anywhere…Insane days and sleepless nights can’t touch our Kat Eyes!

The precision brush tip is the key to super-fine lines. No less than 325 flexible bristles come together in a tight, crisp point, ready to unleash invincible lines. The supple, saturated brush glides across lids in silky, smooth strokes, making Tattoo Liner the ultimate tool for both makeup newbies and beauty pros alike.

We often marvel at how amazing it is that a teeny-tiny tip can contain so much possibility—wings, fine lines, detailwork...we could go on all day! Choose from raven-black Trooper or rich, chocolate Mad Max Brown for all your Kat Eye needs!

We <3 seeing all our KVD Beauties killin it in Tattoo Liner! Share your wild & wonderful creations with #kvdlook!

#VeganAlert!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!

Photos (1135)
hillary v.
hillary v.
Paragould, AR

To be honest, none compare to this one. I initially bought this one in the color "trooper" (simple black) at Sephora. My usual method of shopping for eyeliners is as follows: I walk throughout the store for 1/2 hour, during which time I draw on my hand with the prospective liners. I give them at least 1-2 minutes to set. Then I try the following:
1. Smudge test: Results-->did not even budge.
2. Saliva test: you can guess how this works. Results-->color remains bright, no smudging after 3 minutes.
3. Time test: I try to wipe the eyeliner off my hand after 20 minutes of hard-core shopping for other cosmetics. Results-->still strong. If anything, stronger: stays on the skin throughout vigorous smudging attempts, as well as digestive enzyme applications (you guessed it, the saliva test repeated once again).
4. Makeup remover test: this is what convinced me to buy this one. Results-->stays put for 4-5 serious wipes with the makeup remover, then eventually comes off. After wearing this eyeliner for the last several months, I have discovered that it easily lasts throughout the day (even throughout the length of my workday, which is basically 7AM - 6PM). I withstands my eyes tearing up, hot weather (hot Texas summers) and humidity.

Sidenote: This eyeliner is for those who want precision. It has a very fine tip, which allows for superior precision with regard to drawing extremely fine lines (something I absolutely love, but which is not for everyone).

While I strongly value the worth of an eyeliner based on its ability to last throughout the day, this eyeliner not only delivers in function, but also in fun. Using this Kat von D eyeliner, it is possible to create an endless array of looks, ranging from the everyday (the one you put on in the morning without thinking) to the dramatic (the one you want to show off in the club). So rest assured, while you are experimenting with your look, your creation will stay put throughout the night...as well as the next morning.
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.

1. Smudge test: Results-->did not even budge.

Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Martinez, ca

This is my favorite eyeliner ever, and believe me, I've tried way too many eyeliners. It's unique because it has a brush tip. KVD also makes a felt tip liner called the "Ink Liner" so be careful not to buy the wrong product when you're shopping.

Pros:
The formula is really long lasting. It doesn't melt or run or smear after a long day. I've even worn this eyeliner swimming and it doesn't budge as long as you don't touch/rub your eyes. Sometimes when I buy a brand new one, the black is not as intense as I'd like. But after drawing 3 lines on my hand and "breaking it in," the black is really intense.
It comes in a pen form, allowing for easy control of the eyeliner. I find that the brush tip is my favorite feature of this eyeliner. It super easy to draw a thin line and you can easily build it up to make thicker lines as well. I favor the brush tip over felt-tip liners because felt tips usually get those little squigglies at the end after using them for a while, which prevents you from getting a crisp, clean line. If you get any eyeshadow/powder residue on this brush tip, you can easily wipe it off with a towel and it won't dry out the liner. It is also more affordable than other high-end liquid liners on the market.

Cons:
My only gripe is that it doesn't dry completely matte. The finish does have a slight sheen. Also, the KVD tattoo liner only comes in two colors: black and brown. I hope she expands the color selection in the future.
Brookelynne T.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA

❤ 1 of if not my All Time favorite Liquid Liners ever!!!! Kat Von D has taken over the make up scene, a tattoo artist that has amazing Make Up Products, now that sounds amazing right. And I cannot stress enough how much I love this line and brand of products and how amazing all of the items and products from Kat Von D are, from the Shade and Light Contour Palette, I love! And the Shade and Light Eyeshadow Palette, love and so many more items are just to die for! But one of my Holy Grail Items has to be the amazing, raved about Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper! Talk about an amazing one of a kind liner! This liner applies like butter, easily gliding across your skin and allowing you to make any and all eyeliner looks effortlessly! The formula is absolutely amazing!!! Waterproof, tattoo like and I can create the smoothest sharpest wing with no hassle at all!!!! And it truly is like a Tattoo! Once applied and dried (which only takes a few seconds) this liner will not and does not move, smudge or budge at all! Sweat, Tears, Water...Thia liner isn't going anywhere until you decide to rake it off with a waterproof make up remover, make up wipe or your fave make up removing facial wash! So for all the reasons I personally listed plus so so so many more Thia amazing Kat Von D Tattoo liner in my fave color Trooper always and forever will receive 5⭐'s and I highly highly recommend it to everyone!!!! Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
Highland, CA

Pros:

Cons:
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Ranson, WV

When I initially bought this liner, I was cheap as cheap goes.

The way my eyes are shaped I can't use any liner that smudges even a little bit or fades with water, so I decided to look into liquid eyeliner. I failed out miserably at using normal brush liner and all when i was about to lose all hope,

My friend and I stopped by a Sephora at the mall, and I went through the whole store and used every sample of pen liquid eyeliners on the back of my hand, then went on shopping.

After couple hours of shopping I noticed only one was still jet black has same shape and has not flaked and looks pretty much exactly the same since I put it on.

So I first big purchase happened.

A year (Yes a year!) later of daily use,

I tried all the bargain brand ones and it was really waste of money compare to this one and I am now on my second eyeliner.

In more practical point of view,

Like I mentioned it is stubborn so it is best suited to line close to your lashes, or draw very sharp thin line.

If you like big thick smokeyeye eye line, I would use a pencil liner with it. (Which I do when I want smokey eyes)

If also you can get away with thin sharp line and still use pencil liner you probably don't need it.

I mostly recommend this for people like me who constantly battle with smudges under the eyes!
Alara O.
Alara O.

HOLY GRAIL. Words cannot explain how amazing this eyeliner is! This is completely worth the hype. Before Kat Von D's tattoo liner, I absolutely dreaded applying liquid eyeliner and viewed it as a super difficult "hit or miss" step in my makeup routine. Thankfully, I received a sample of this from Sephora and immediately purchased the full size after I ran out. With this, my liquid eyeliner is always flawless, and I can easily control whether I want a thin line, thick line, dramatic wing, subtle flick at the end, etc. I'm no professional, but I'm able to get a very precise line and wing with great control that is worthy of Instagram makeup. Thanks to this, my eyeliner is never crooked, uneven, smudged or faded. This liner is super pigmented, applies evenly, and lasts all day, remaining as its perfect, freshly-applied self until you take it off at the end of the day (even on my oily skin and eyelids!). It's also very easy to fix if you make a mistake while applying (I recommend putting primer on a q-tip to wipe off the area you want to fix, as this won't disrupt the rest of your makeup or leave an oily residue like makeup remover). I also use this with Urban Decay's primer potion, so I'm not sure whether that plays a part in its longevity. I recommend this to everyone!
Gladys G.
Gladys G.
Hayward, CA

One of the best eyeliners I've tried to date, and let me tell you, I've tried a lot of them from high end, to drugstore in search of the eyeliner that would be the easiest to create some wings. First off, the formula on this product is amazing! It won't bleed (at least it doesn't on me), won't move, and is waterproof! It's also very easy to control, because it's not super runny or anything. The pigmentation is also on point, and very opaque. The applicator makes it super easy to be as precise as possible with this product. It really is like no other liquid eyeliner I've tried, and that's saying something; theres just so much control with this product, yet you aren't tugging at your eyes or anything because it will still glide on and not skip as long as you're being steady with it. I defiantly recommend this product, I am on my 2nd one right now! Even when it dries out/is out of product I still keep it and use the applicator with other eyeliners because the applicator that good lol. That's another thing, always remember to keep your eyeliner closed, and store in a good place when it's not in use to maximize use! Overall this is an amazing liquid eyeliner that's perfect for creating wings, and practically anything else you can imagine. Just get it! lol.
Sarah I.
Sarah I.
Holliston, MA

This is my absolute favorite liner (liquid or otherwise). I have tried alternatives but I keep on coming back to this one because of the quality and staying power. Before using this one, I had been a die hard pencil girl because most of the time when I tried liquid liners I really felt like the overall look I got was way to dramatic for a full time working mother. So I would buy some liquid formulas and use them occasionally for nights out, but they were getting thrown away almost completely full.

This one gets used! I can wear it to my very conservative day job. The brown especially is really easy to emphasis the eyes without making me look like I would be leaving a meeting and heading to a rave. I also love that this never smudges on my hooded eyes like a lot of other eyeliner. This stays on and in place from morning until I take my makeup off at night.

This is easy to put on as well. The fine tip stays intact so you aren't getting frayed out hairs or smudging. It is really easy to use as a very thin line to a thick cat eye. Definitely store these facing down to keep the tip soft and smooth

I have repurchased this several times in both brown and black and will continue to do so. This really is the best eyeliner I have ever used!
Sarah Z.
Sarah Z.

I had high hopes due to rave reviews, but this liner was very inconsistent for me. It applied rather patchy/dry at times, and other times the liner would flow out of the pen with ease, almost depositing a bit too much product.

Some PROS:
- The liner is very black ("Trooper")
- Doesn't smudge
- Applies a thin, precise line

And CONS:
- Pen dried up quickly
- Applies liner inconsistently and patchy

My biggest issue with this liner was how dry it was. I prefer using liquid liners where you dip the brush in the liquid yourself, but I've tried other flowing liquid liner pens such as Eyeko's and that one worked much better. My "Trooper" liner seemed inconsistent from the start, and I found myself thinking "Is it all out of product? Should I just throw it away?" but then the next day the liner would flow out of the pen with ease. It was hard to rely on this liner, like sometimes I would be in the middle of creating a dramatic cat-eye with it and it would suddenly get patchy and I'd have to switch to a different liner in the middle of drawing my wing. It just wasn't worth the hassle for me. Maybe someday I will repurchase and give it a second shot.
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
Banner Elk, NC

Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but i want to know personal experiences with this liner :)
Jackie R.
Jackie R.
Calgary

Is this available at Sephora?
Savannah S.
Savannah S.
Rochester, MN

Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at putting on eyeliner?
Carmen V.
Carmen V.

Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?
Kylee G.
Kylee G.

Is this worth the $20 or is there a drugstore dupe? What is the pigmentation and staying power of this liner?