BY KAT VON D #18 in Lipstick

This is the lipstick that stole our hearts and brought our wildest dreams to life!

This rainbow shade range is lipstick heaven here on earth. Rolling 39 colors deep, this Studded Kiss army does not back down when it comes to rebel-girl shades. Black glitter? Check. Shimmering sea-foam green? Duh. For fans of the classics, we definitely have those covered (#LolitaAnyone?). We simply can’t tell you how much we love every single shade, from the iconic starlet reds, to the pretty doll pinks and all the stunners in between!

Each long-wear, pigment-rich lipstick is formulated with Color Cushion Technology™ to keep your pout feeling comfy and velvety soft. Just swipe it across lips to lock in bold, badass color with unstoppable wear.

Here at Kat Von D Beauty, we believe that the best things in life are black and studded! Kat designed this insanely sexy lipstick after her signature studded cuff. Pretty rad, huh?!

You rule our world, Studded Darlings! Show us how you rock your lips with #kvdlook

Buy on Sephora
Nina C.
Lodi, NJ
Review for: Other more...
Disclaimer: I received this product free in an Influenster VoxBox complimentary for testing purposes and this is my 100% honest review. #studdedkiss

When I first received this item, I was immediately drawn to the packaging. It is edgy, fierce, and a nice addition to any make up bag. It feels sturdy and cannot open easily, which is good. There is no risk of smooshing your product all over your bag!

I received the color "Ludwig". It has a faint, vanilla scent that I really enjoy. It is a nice suede, nude brown color. This lipstick is a satin feeling lipstick but almost has a matte-like finish. It is really comfortable to wear and doesn't feel too drying, but it doesn't feel overly moisturizing either where it slips and slides all over the place. I noticed, however, over time it started to build up in the inner corners of my mouth.

This lipstick is a general lipstick, so it does transfer and is not long wearing. Overall, I will continue to use this product and I do recommend this product. It is a woman owned brand, so let's keep supporting our business women!
Aimee E.
New Britain, CT
Something I love about Kat Von D's lipsticks are her range of shades, they are so diverse there is a colour for everyone, which is what makes her brand so universal. My review is on the shade 'Mercy' which I was given a sample of from Glamour Beauty Club. Coverage: Its full coverage, one swipe and the middle of my lips where covered, it has great pigmentation; which is actually very difficult with dark shades such as a purple. However, I did have to get a lip brush out and apply some extra around the edges of my mouth in order the get the same intensity of the colour. I noticed that when I put it on my lips it had hints of shimmer, I didn't noticed that at first. I like it though and you cannot feel any shimmer on the lips. Overall, fantastic quality Scent: It has a vanilla scent, the best way I can describe it, is it smells very similar to MAC lipsticks. I am a fan of the scent, but if you're not then you might want to skip this. Texture: Its very creamy, and has a velvet feeling, I guess you could describe it as a satin finish. But it doesn't look like that on the lips, I would say it looks matte but it's not drying. Due to its formula, it didn't stay on as long as her liquid mattes, that didn't bother me. I had some transfer on my paper cup and I was eating but it was nothing major; it was just the edges that lightly faded. I did notice that when I got home and removed it left a little hint of a rosy stain, this is testament to how strong the pigmentation is, so that to me is a win. As much as I loved the lipstick, I do feel like the price point is quite high, even for a luxury lipstick. I think if you do want to get a colour like 'Mercy' then Kat's lipsticks are fantastic because she is unique but if you wanted
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
My review is focusing on darker shades in this line, namely: Poe, Nayeon, and Prayer These are a bit dry. So dry that application is difficult if you don't warm the tube up in your pocket or breathe some warm breath over it before application. Sometimes I stick it to the center of my lip and let my body temp warm it up before I start applying. I store these at room temperature--my apartment ranges from 68F to 70F at all times, and they still need to warm up a bit in order to get the creaminess I need for uniform application. They are definitely long-wearing, and in that aspect, the dryness is nice. It is not so dry that my lips crack, which happens to me with dryer liquid lip formulas. This is still more hydrating than a liquid formula. It's possible that the darker shades in the line are dryer than others. I think these lipsticks are great for creating ombre looks. You get a nice pigment when you apply them. They look amazing when applied over a liquid lip (like if you used liquid lip color as a liner) and are even more long-wearing that way. Using a very different shade for your liner step works great with the Studded Kiss line if you're creating an ombre look. They blend so nicely with a lip brush. The packaging is super cute. I love the KVD logo pressed into each lipstick. If it's hot out in your area, beware that these can melt and get unseated in a delivery truck if you're ordering them online. It might be better to buy these in-store during the summer months. I found that while mine did melt out of place during delivery one time, it was easy to re-seat the lipstick and I haven't had any problems with them feeling loose all the times I've used them in the weeks since. I took one star off because there is a learning curve to these lipsticks. The shade range is beautiful and for some of the more unorthodox colors, KVD is a holy grail for lip shades. I strongly recommend using these with a long-wearing liner and/or a lip brush. The Kat Von D everlasting liners AND the everlasting liquid lip line both have great options to lay down underneath Studded Kiss shades.
Jasmine B.
Review for: ADORA, Magick, GOTHICA, Other more...
I'm in love with the color range of these lipsticks.  Most of the colors are very complimentary to dark skin.  However, there are a few (namely Agatha and Noble) that look chalky.

During the last sale I purchased four lipsticks: Adora, Gothica, Magick and Motorhead.
Adora is a unique metallic red lipstick.  It's not as bold as  MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo but it is very shimmery.
Gothica is a bronze colored lipstick that almost resembles a penny.  It is warm and also very shimmery.
Magick is a very cute dusty pink color that shows up a little bit lighter on dark skin.
Motorhead was the most stunning color; it's slightly lighter than Homegirl.  It is a vampy, black cherry colored that I fell in love with at first sight.  However when I applied it, I was crushed.  It is incredibly patchy, both with and without a primer.  From afar, the finish doesn't look that bad.  Up close, you can see that some parts of your lips are darker than others.  I tried hard to make it work but I ultimately ended up returning it.  I'm really disappointed in this color but I guess I will use  MAC Lipstick in Sin as a dupe.

These lipsticks can be somewhat drying but they actually cover pretty well as long as you exfoliate beforehand.  The color can last for about 8 hours.
Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
I have several colors from the studded kiss line. Currently being reformulated, so the old formula is on sale (check sephora & KVD site for what's available). The studded kiss line is a decent line. The lipsticks are matte & slightly comfortable for being matte and are decently easy to apply. It all depends on the color & version of the formula (when you bought a lipstick.)

For example: i bought 3 lipsticks a couple of years ago that were of the 1st formulation. Agatha is a very concealer nude color that is kind of patchy bc its so nude. It was part of the 1st launch of the collection. Its very dry, too. Bau5haus (?) too is very dry for being of the 1st launch, but looks better on my lips than agatha bc its a dark berry pink that isnt overly patchy. The wolvesmouth i have is also from the 1st launch, but being that its a berry shimmer/metallic, its the best looking, but its also dry. KVD reformulated them, but i didnt buy anymore until a couple of months ago when they went on sale for $12 bc shes reformulating them again. Compared to the first 3 i purchased, they are the most comfortable to wear & look so much better & easier to apply (no drag!). I bought nude/mauve colors like cathedral & lolita which are already very flattering colors on me & most skin tones, as well as 2 very vampy colors (homegirl & motormouth (?)) which are notorious for looking very patchy on lips, but aren't that bad.

I don't know how the new reformulation is going to be, but im interested in trying them out & i hear some colors that were exclusively from the everlasting line are a part of the studded kiss line now. Experience regarding studded kiss lipsticks is going to vary because of colors & formulation tried.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I love all of these lipsticks. They are some of my favorite bullets and probably in my top 3 matte lipstick bullets. And I personally think thats saying a lot as I spend a lot on my lipsticks. Up to 50 dollars but averaging about 38 to 42 dollars because I just have to have the highest quality makeup. I've been obsessed with makeup my entire life. When I was a young teenager it was a time when youtube was very young if it existed at all then. If it did I hadn't heard of it.
The way girls like me who truly had a passion for makeup learned was by stealing from our mothers and borrowing from what our friends stole from theirs and then practiced in front of the mirror for hours perfecting our craft. My face would be so raw by the end of the night From washing make Up off so many times but it was and is a passion. An obsession. Makeup is trendy now and no one looks at me funny for going full glam daily anymore but the passion isn't the same. Most are fine with letting these high end companies letting their quality suffer just to turn out another sub par hyped up product. Not me. Im a collector so I give Every thing a fair chance but I don't care to return something if it doesn't measure up to the price I paid.
But that was never the case with these. And speaking of cases there is a problem in that sense. They look cool but its not secure. It comes undone too easily that its hard to store or travel with without ruining so don't do that.
The lipstick is pigmented and uniform which is huge when it comes to solid lipstick bullets. Especially those who have glitters or metallics but kat really got it right.
In every way. The wear time is also great. Probably about 4 or 5 hours with ladylike drinking with a straw and eating with a fork. If you eat a heavy meal you will need a reapplication but that's all lipsticks unless you're into 12 hour waterproof wear but in that case there's only one. Beauty bakerie lip whip. But you can't expect that from most lipsticks as most people don't really want that once they get it anyway because its so hard to remove.
Anyway, this is an amazing lipstick through and through. Its stylish. Great priced. A massive and unique collection and not at all drying. The pigmentation is to die for. I love it and I know you will too.
I completely recommend.
Tara C.
Clemmons, NC
Review for: L.U.V. more...
This is the older formula. Since I have purchased this lippie, Kat Von D has reformulated the Studded line. The lipstick case itself is beautiful. It really is ‘studded’. I honestly like to roll it in my hands because it just feels nice. Lol The amount of product seems a little less than similar products but I haven’t compared any in great detail. I bought this while it was being clearanced out (due to reformulation). The color is gorgeous. It works well with my fair skin tone. It’s vampy and intensely pigmented. The formula is luscious. It’s so creamy and long lasting. It doesn’t dry out my lips or bleed or go on patchy. It’s literally a one swipe lippie. I would definitely buy more of this lipstick in other colors but I’m not sure I would pay full retail..maybe wait for a sale or clearance.
Melanie M.
Santa Ana, CA
I have this lipstick in the shade "Lolita" . I picked this lipstick up at Sephora and I was lucky to get the last one. It's a pricey lipstick but if compared to the prices of all the other high end lipsticks at Sephora it's priced correctly and affordably. The formula is very matte while it does not dry out my lips or emphasize and texture that I may have. It is incredibly long wearing and it smells great. It's also vegan and cruelty free which is always a plus. The packaging is unique and true to Kat Von D which is also why it is one of my favorite Brands. I love this lipstick and will purchase more in other shades. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick
jordan r.
Mahopac, NY
Review for: Other more...
I received this product to try out and give a review on from Influenster. I am so pleased with this creme lipstick!! The shade I received is called Bow & Arrow! It is s pretty taupe nude color.

It is super creamy and applies to the lips so smooth. The pigment of the color is really great!

Not only is the color pay off really nice but the packaging is so pretty! I love it! It really represents kat von d so well!

Thank you for sending this to me to test out and give a review on!!!
My Beautiful Flaws ..
Oakland, TN
This review probably won’t be very popular because Kat Von D has obviously earned a superior reputation in the beauty community for a reason. However, I have tried multiple shades and formulas of the Studded Lipsticks and just can’t recommend them. They all felt too dry on my lips, tugged as I tried to apply them, and didn’t look good in general. The shade range is amazing. There are some gorgeous colors that I fell in love with, but I won’t purchase them again. Same applies with the liquid lipsticks, and I know I’m in the minority here. They’re just too dry for me and they tend to crack and crumble within a short period of time. Sorry. Not a fan, although I love many of her other products.
Josie f.
Barbourville, KY
I would love to try her lipstick, is it as good as she says it is?
Makayla L.
Sand Springs
How good is this lipstick?
Raquel J.
Gonzales, LA
I have seen this product line at Sephora. Is it good?
Cindy M.
Sacramento
how pigmented are the colors? Do they last long?
katie R.
Is this lipstick worth the price, or can you go find the same quality for cheaper elsewhere?