BY KAT VON D #43 in Lipstick

What it is:
A breakthrough new lipstick combining super-creamy color and weightless, comfortable long wear.

What it does:
Introducing the new and reborn Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick—the creamiest, most cushiony and unbelievably pigmented lipstick to ever cross your lips.

Discover your new go-to color from Kat Von D’s biggest, boldest shade range. The collection includes 40 shades in three finishes, and features rich reds, bold berries, and neutrals for every complexion. You’ll also find beloved Everlasting Liquid Lipstick shades, now in the Studded Kiss formulation.

This collection features every artist’s dream: Kat’s first-ever pure white lipstick mixer, White Out. Use it as a base to adjust the tone of your lip colors, or mix it into other shades to customize the pigment (each shade is sold separately).

Kat Von D Beauty is always on the forefront of innovation, searching for ways to amplify and improve their already long-wear, high-pigment products. Originally created in 2014, the Studded Kiss collection has now been reimagined with an updated look and a breakthrough new formula.

See and feel the difference instantly. Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick features a high-chroma content for pure, vivid color in a revolutionary new base formula that’s crystal clear, super-soft, and virtually weightless. Made with smooth, spherical pigments and lip-nourishing ingredients, it’s never been easier to coat your lips in creamy, comfortable color.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
As a perfectionist, Kat constantly seeks ways to improve the performance of all of KVD Beauty products. Studded Kiss is a collection close to Kat’s heart, so she wanted to take advantage of new advances in the industry to create an even better bullet formula that everyone will fall in love with.

Kat created the packaging for the one and only Studded Kiss Lipstick, using her favorite cuff bracelet as inspiration. The newly-designed Studded Kiss Crème features the same signature studs, updated with monochromatic black packaging.

"I am proud to say that Kat Von D Beauty has never tested on animals—and never will."—Kat Von D, Brand Founder

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick
  • "Favorite lipsticks! So creamy and pigmented! Not at all patchy and stay on all day long!" in 149 reviews
  • "I just purchased my first one of this particular product of Kat Von D in the shade Adora and I must say I am impressed and not surprised it's such an amazing product! Kat Von D never disappoints. The lipstick is comfortable, long lasting, has gorgeous color payoff, and I am excited that there are 39 more shades I have yet to try in 3 different finishes! Kat does it again! Woohoo" in 66 reviews
  • "I have ALWAYS loved Kat Von D lipsticks, and I'm usually more of a liquid person but I love this formula. It's super pigmented, and I definitely think it's a very universal shade. The consistency is perfect as well." in 39 reviews
  • "This is my absolute favorite! It is so creamy and moisturizing! The color is love lasting too!" in 28 reviews
  • "I am picky about my lipsticks as I need coverage and for it to last me all day! I LOVEEEE this lipstick and line! The colors are pigmented, go on smooth and creamy, don’t overdry, and stay on. How much better can it get. HIGHLY recommend this lip if you are looking for an amazing cruelty free and vegan product!" in 25 reviews
☮Mar y.
Cromwell, CT
I love this lipstick formula. It's very heavily pigmented. People complain that it's dry, but they can always add a swipe of chapstick if they want. It lasts a long time, but if it starts needing maintenance, it's easy to reapply or to use a bit of chapstick to simply redistribute the pigment still on the lips, because there is still quite a lot of pigment to work with. My favorite thing to do is go over it with a Burt's Bees lipstick I have in Sunset Cruise that I keep in my purse. The Burt's Bees lipstick isn't my thing on its own because it's glossy and sheer, but it becomes one with matte pigmented lipsticks and liquid lipsticks that are slipping a bit after meals, etc. Sunset turns any shade into something really beautiful and warm that is unlike any color of lipstick I own and then it lasts the rest of the day. I have several of these Studded Kiss lipsticks and absolutely love and recommend them. You can always tone down the pigment with chapstick or some other balm to make them less dry or intense if that matters to you. You can't do the opposite with a lipstick that only has a small amount of pigment to it. I'd rather get a lot for my money, and with these lipsticks, I do. I have Bachelorette, Bauhau5, Lolita I, and Hexagram. They are all fantastic. BUT THIS LIPSTICK DOUBLE DARE ITS JUST AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!! #STUDDEDKISS
Chloe L.
Review for: Vampira - satin-matte deep reddish burgundy, POE, L.U.V. more...
Let's start with the packaging. All Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipsticks come in cute, little boxes that are typically completely black and have a raised, studded feel. The boxes are easy to open and don't tear up easily. I love how unique and unmistakable her products tend to be.

The container themselves are adorable. Just like the boxes, they are typically completely black and the plastic containers are more raised and studded all around. The only problem I have with the containers is that the caps tend do come off easy. So, if you knock it off your desk, the cap my pop off and roll under your bed. Aside from that, the container is thick and sturdy, and would otherwise be hard to break. I don't think I could complain about the packaging because it really satisfies my inner edgy self and the goth I feel at heart.

The colors I have are Vampira, Poe, and L.U.V. All the colors are unique in their own way. All the colors are exceptionally creamy and easy to apply. You get a lot of pigment out of these babies and they have the potential to be long wearing. While wearing these, I've had problems with transfer on straws and coffee cups, but it never really took a lot of color off my lips. I had to do multiple touch ups throughout the day. Personally, I am a long-wearing, transfer-proof girl, so I had a feeling I wouldn't be super hot about these. The traditional bullet lipstick is great for those who know that they're into it. The formula, I will say though, is great compared to the other bullet lipsticks I've tried. Will I buy these again? To be honest, probably not. Unless I get a crazy good deal on them. I also just impulse bought these because I like to collect. I definitely recommend to any lipstick lover out there that doesn't mind what I listed above. I feel like you get great pigment, great selection of colors, and I feel like you get a lot of product.

Aanchal K.
Bethpage, NY
I'm a huge fan of KVD. I wear Lolita liquid lipstick every other day- everything about it is perfect, so when I received this lipstick for FREE from Influenster, I was ecstatic! Now I feel bad giving it a 3...I feel like its a 3.5 but since I'm a huge fan of KVD's Liquid Lipstick I had higher expectations. I applied it on my regular lips (not exfoliated) and it applied well. It is a bit dry but it doesn't dry out your lips which is nice. it is a drier feel than most lipsticks though. My lips were very lightly chapped and it may have helped it peel a little which was weird cause once again, liquid lipstick never did that despite how dry my lips would be. The color and pigmentation is great, and this color is extremely beautiful and unique. If you're like me and only look good in Lolita, I would suggest trying this color out too because its a slightly orange version of it in my opinion.It stained my lips nicely and stayed on throughout dinner. The main reason I'm giving this 3 stars is because I kissed my wrists so I could take an artsy picture for social media and influenster. Its been 4 hours and the stain is still on my wrists. The stain irritated my skin and gave me a few hives around it. Now, I'm not sure if I'm allergic to it or if it does it to other people. I noticed a small hive under my bottom lip as well but nothing else bothered me, or was noticed. The color looks a bit like popped blood vessels on my wrists (4 hours later) and looks like a rash more than anything at this point (after trying to get it off). I think I'll try another shade/lip stick and see if I have a similar reaction or not.
Color: Misfit
Tabitha D.
Review for: Lovecraft - satin-matte mauve pink nude more...
I am in love. I have been searching for a "My lips but better" lipstick product for so long, and everything always turned out so dark on me. An opportunity came along for me to buy this original formula lipstick even after the new Creme formula was launched, and I'm so glad I did. I had swatched the new Creme formula and found it a bit too sheer for my liking.

Not only is the colour name that of my favourite author, but it enhances my lips without looking over the top. The application and pigment is amazing, and I find it to last quite a while, even through eating and drinking. There is a bit of fade, but that's to be expected with most lipsticks.

It does eventually dry down, but I always apply it over a lip balm as my lips are always very chapped. It has a matte finish without completely sucking the moisture out of my lips. The packaging is perfect for me, because it stands out from the rest of the lip products I have in my bag every day.

It's such a shame that the OG formula is on its way out, but I'll definitely be getting my money's worth from this one that I have!
Meredith C.
Berkley, MI
Review for: Other more...
Creamy and ComfortableThis is my first time trying the Studded Kiss Lipstick and I LOVE it! It's very comfortable to wear and it wore beautifully throughout the night (even when I ate and drank). I had to touch up a bit after eating, but that's ok, it's a lipstick, not a stain. I liked how hydrated my lips felt all night, there was no dryness at all. I've tried the Kat Von D Liquid lip and while I want to like it, it's very drying on my lips. The pigment is beautiful - one swipe was pretty full in color coverage. I cannot wait to pick up a few other colors, but I really think this is a great formula for all. Not to mention, the packaging is beautiful and really stands out from the 600 tubes of lipsticks I have!

I got the color Misfit from Kat Von D Beauty and Influenster for free in exchange for my honest review.

Corinne G.
Saint Joseph , MI
Review for: KAT VON D STUDDED KISS LIPSTICK MOTORHEAD more...
Motörhead is a nice deep reddish purple color, a dark gothish color suitable for the band it is named after.

I am not a huge fan of the packaging of the studded kiss lipsticks, because without fail, once I put it into a purse or a bag, it opens all on its own, inevitably leaving me with damaged lipstick (depending on how fast I caught it) and ruined paperwork. I've had this issue with every one I own so either I'm doing something phenomenally dumb or the caps don't stay on for crap.

As far as formulas go, this lasted just fine but I've found that most of her lipstick are also big misses on that end. You have to reapply a lot. The only one that hasn't given me trouble is Mother.

Add to all of that Kat's very vocal uh.... beliefs about not vaccinating (I am only able to live because of heard immunity. I have a horrible immune system), or her over looked for whatever reason by the public anti-Semitic rants and it's just hard for me to justify spending my hard earned money on a person who so clearly lacks empathy towards others (unless they're animals) and most importantly, won't admit to and grow from her mistakes.

We all have skeletons (kats just happened to be lipstick shades named after the color of the lips of the people the Germans decided to send to the gas chambers......it's out there, it's appalling and I'm shocked she wasn't taken to task by anyone then) in our closets, or in this case our makeup line,

The important thing is that you see your ignorance, you make amends, and you try to do right by the community that you harmed.

It is sad that I can't just say ok lipstick and move on, but all these beauty people seem to cultivate controversy. I don't find what Kat has done to be acceptable because not vaccinating your kid puts everyone else's children at risk and it puts people like me w auto immune diseases at risk as well.

Wish she'd just make makeup and shut up.
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
Review for: Other more...
I have received this complementary from influenster. I have the shade “hawkwind” which wasn’t listed but it’s a satin matte finish very moisturizing smooth silky and soft! So blessed that I got to try this because I never understood the hype of high end lip sticks til now and I’m just blown away it was so soft silky smooth didn’t even really need a lip liner with it made my dry lips look flawless wasn’t chalky and clumpy I love that it’s crulty free the packaging is everything !! The shade is a pretty light brown in some lighting but a dark mauve shade in other lighting so thought that was pretty cool as far as shade goes I just loved everything about this product very picky with my lipsticks and I will forever be buying these gems in every shade
Bre R.
Sandy Lake, PA
Review for: Lolita - satin-matte chestnut rose, Other more...
I recently just tried a few of Kat Von D products, & girl, she slays it! I received a mini of the shade double dare in a subscription box along with a full sized Lolita lip liner. Both the colors look amazing together. (As shown in picture) The lipstick has beautiful packaging, it goes on smooth & creamy, & stays on pretty well throughout the day. One swipe was all I needed to coat my lips & it seems to look more matte than any other (regular) lipsticks I have used. it isn’t a superrrr dry looking matte, it’s perfect looking and doesn’t seem to dry out your lips. I actually didn’t reapply once. I liked it so much I went & purchased the Lolita as well. Looking forward to getting more of her lipsticks, they are 19$ each, which isn’t a bad price for me, all name brands are 20$ or more anyways, lots of (bold) colors to choose from. Definitely worth every penny in my opinion!
Jasmine B.
Review for: Adora - metallic golden red, Magick, GOTHICA, Other more...
I'm in love with the color range of these lipsticks.  Most of the colors are very complimentary to dark skin.  However, there are a few (namely Agatha and Noble) that look chalky.

During the last sale I purchased four lipsticks: Adora, Gothica, Magick and Motorhead.
Adora is a unique metallic red lipstick.  It's not as bold as  M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick in Ruby Woo but it is very shimmery.
Gothica is a bronze colored lipstick that almost resembles a penny.  It is warm and also very shimmery.
Magick is a very cute dusty pink color that shows up a little bit lighter on dark skin.
Motorhead was the most stunning color; it's slightly lighter than Homegirl.  It is a vampy, black cherry colored that I fell in love with at first sight.  However when I applied it, I was crushed.  It is incredibly patchy, both with and without a primer.  From afar, the finish doesn't look that bad.  Up close, you can see that some parts of your lips are darker than others.  I tried hard to make it work but I ultimately ended up returning it.  I'm really disappointed in this color but I guess I will use  M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick in Sin as a dupe.

These lipsticks can be somewhat drying but they actually cover pretty well as long as you exfoliate beforehand.  The color can last for about 8 hours.
Damien J.
Clarksburg, WV
Review for: Lovecraft - satin-matte mauve pink nude, Other more...
I absolutely recomend this lipstick! It is so matte and so smooth it literally doesn't feel like you are applying anything g when u rub it on it almost feels fake, but the color is so pigmented and so rich and smooth. It is one of the most lightweight matte lipsticks I have tried and it stayed on for hours. It didnt have bad transfer gor ne it stayed as o nicely and didnt dry my lips like most matte lipsticks or matte liquid do to my lips. It leaves a beautiful color and isnt over done at all. I could be more happy with lipstick and I love the packaging it's very goth and very Kat to have the studs on the lipstick I even got the cutestest little application mirror with this so I can apply anywhere. Everytime I looked at this in the mirror it was so smooth stayed in place didnt get on my teeth just absolutely perfect to throw in your bag with the mirror for little touch ups through the day!
Josie f.
Barbourville, KY
I would love to try her lipstick, is it as good as she says it is?
Makayla L.
Sand Springs
How good is this lipstick?
Raquel J.
Gonzales, LA
I have seen this product line at Sephora. Is it good?
Andreea V.
Selsey
Is it too dry on the lips ?

back