BY KAT VON D

An eye contouring palette with 12 neutral shades in a range of glimmer finishes.

Kat revolutionized the art of contouring once again with the Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette, a new way to contour with not only shadow and light, but eye-catching dimension.

Experience the same neutral tones from the original bestselling Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette reimagined in 4 wearable finishes that build in intensity. Organized into neutral, cool and warm-toned quads, this palette features shimmering satin Base shades, pearlized metallic Contour shades, reflective glitter Define shades and special effect glimmer Topcoats to add light-catching dimension to any look.

Shade+Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette is an artist’s truest expression of glitter: build a look within the palette by layering different levels of dimension to achieve eye-opening effects, or pair glimmer shades with the original matte eye contour palette for endless possibilities. Each velvety powder is blendable and buildable, in Kat Von D’s signature high-performance, long-wear eyeshadow formula, for glimmering looks that shift and sparkle with every movement.

• Why is this palette so popular right now ? Honestly I jus...2 Answers
  • Should I get this or the Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow...12 Answers
  • Is this a good a palette? Would you recommend this one ov...1 Answers
Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Palette
  • "Just bought this palet and it's AMAZING! You can really see the glitter and the difference between the regular palet and this one. I was not disappointed at all. The shades are highly pigmented and glide on the eyes with ease." in 89 reviews
  • "This palette is everything. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting high quality shadows. You will be able to use for a multitude of looks. It works great on it's own or piggy backed. The shimmer and glitter isn't obnoxious. Just adds light to the eye. Wish it was permanent in the collection." in 68 reviews
  • "I love this brand and this palette is my favorite. Very warm tones and it fit everyone since it's neutral colors. I am still using my palette that I purchased last Christmas. I like how it blends and it's super long lasting. It's super easy to use." in 47 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
This is an accent palette for the hugely popular, neutral Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette. Although the original palette is all matte, the Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette contains shimmer and sparkly shades as well as glitter lid toppers. If you don’t like glitter or you’re uncomfortable playing with different textures, then you may want to skip out on this one.

The palette is arranged in three quads like the OG Shade + Light Eye Palette. Each quad contains a satin base, a metallic, a sparkly shade and a glitter lid topper that corresponds with the color range of the all-matte palette.

I’m not going to lie, this palette can be a challenge. Perhaps that’s one reason why I rarely reach for it. Glitter is messy so some fallout can be expected. You absolutely NEED a glitter glue when working with this palette. Although the brand released a special Kat Von D Glimmer Effect Eye Brush for use with this palette, I’ve seen best results using my finger to apply the glitter directly to my eye lid.

This palette was limited edition and to the best of my knowledge it’s now discontinued. If you missed out, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. It’s pretty but you don’t NEED this palette in your life. You can achieve the same effects with NYX Face and Body Glitter or the fabulous stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow. Personally, I have lukewarm feelings for this palette. I 100% recommend the original Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette though.
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
This is the BEST nude and neutral glimmer eye palette I didn’t know I needed! I also have Kat Von D’s regular Shade+Light palette (the matte version), and picked this up from a friend to try out. I liked it so much I had to buy my own. My main thing here is the color selection. I have dozens of odds-and-ends glitter pans and tubes for my eye looks, and while that’s fine for more “fun” colors that I rarely use, it’s a hassle finding good sparkly shades for my more neutral eye looks. It’s why I love this palette so much. Some of the shades look similar in the pans, but there is enough of a difference that you can find EXACTLY the right one you need for the look you are creating. It includes your basic white, brown, and black shades, plus 9 more variations of it, some with more glimmer than others. With a dry brush there is a forgiveable amount of fallout (so I recommend using with a small rounded damp brush). Once applied however, it doesn’t budge. I also love that this is housed in the same sturdy plastic casing with a huge mirror. Kat Von D has some of the best palettes out there, and this is one you should think about adding to your makeup bag!
Leanne R.
Lublin
Pros: The colors are super pigmented, very bendable, and of course glittery. The packaging is super nice and well put together.  I have used the lighter eye shades as highlighter and it works really well for that too.
Cons: I probably wouldn't buy this personally. This was a gift and I really love it, but i can't justify buying this for the price. I usually don't have to use an eye-shadow primer because I have used a lot of brands cheep and expensive and they usually don't crease, however this was just a nightmare with out it, it creased up. However primer would fix it just fine. I just wasn't mind blown for this pallet as i thought i would be.
Erica L.
My favorite neutral pallete! The shadows are very pigmented so I have to go in with a light hand. This is perfect for smokey eye looks, and of coarse the packaging is so beautiful (I’m a sucker for cute packaging). I love having this pallet in my collection I recommend it!
Sheela V.
Just bought this. Thoughts are still developing on this, but I'm considering taking it back. This is with a heavy heart, but these shadows haven't been lasting on me very well and I'm just starting to notice. The first day I wore it, I was out all day and came home dead tired. So I just washed my makeup off and didn't pay much attention to how my eyes looked. But today I wore the cool shades over UDPP (which hasn't worked that well for me in the past, I just wanted to give it another shot) and I got maybe 4 hours of wear. I've had shadows last longer than that with UD, so I'm gonna give it a shot with my Smashbox 24 Hour but I'm skeptical. I hope they hold up, because these shadows apply and blend very nicely, with the exception of the black shade. That one just hasn't impressed me.
Lauren B.
Flemington, NJ
I was so excited when this palette launched because my original shade and light contour palette is my go to palette! Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with some of the shades. There were some good ones that were creamy and pigmented but the other really glittery ones were so chunky and uncomfortable on the eyes and the pigmentation just disappeared when you blend it on the eye. Wouldn’t recommend for the price
Brittany S.
Griffith, IN
I’ll start off by saying that I have never really been a fan of her makeup line. The only product of hers that I like is the tattoo liner. However, I got this as a birthday palette and it was nothing special. The colors just didn’t look right with my skin tone and I overall felt like my boyfriend just payed for the name: there was nothing to set this palette apart from any other palette you could buy at Walmart.
Jessica Y.
Fresno, CA
This was my all time favorite Palette! I got this for Christmas and I love it so much. My only problem is that it’s super powdery. The pigment is amazing and it blends very well! I used this Palette for so many years now! I would recommend this to someone who loves natural neutral tone colors!
Brianna S.
burlington
This was just alright for me... nothing special... I've used it a couple times but it just didn't wow me like I was hoping since I got it when it first released off her website and it cost me 60 dollars because of shipping and tax... it just wasn't worth it.. yeah the glitter is pretty but you need a different palette I feel like to go with this.
Devin V.
Portland
By now you can probably tell I'm a huge fan of KVD. This palette has gorgeous shades, in similar shade ranges of the matte powder version, I really love to mix the two palettes together. I also love that the base colors are more glimmery, and the other shades have higher glitter content. Super buildable and gorgeous colors.
Jessica S.
Greensboro, NC
Should I get this or the Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette ?
Anabell C.
What do you think about this palette? Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Palette
Valerie Renata A.
What you guys recommend to use those shades? This is more for night time ?
Lesley T.
I've heard so many mixed reviews for this palette! Is there a lot of fall out? Are the shades not pigmented when applied to the lids with a brush?
Leah A.
Is this just the shimmery version of the original matte palette? Same shades and formula?

back