BY KAT VON D #63 in Eyeshadow Palettes

An eye contouring palette with 12 neutral shades in a range of glimmer finishes.

Kat revolutionized the art of contouring once again with the Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette, a new way to contour with not only shadow and light, but eye-catching dimension.

Experience the same neutral tones from the original bestselling Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette reimagined in 4 wearable finishes that build in intensity. Organized into neutral, cool and warm-toned quads, this palette features shimmering satin Base shades, pearlized metallic Contour shades, reflective glitter Define shades and special effect glimmer Topcoats to add light-catching dimension to any look.

Shade+Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette is an artist’s truest expression of glitter: build a look within the palette by layering different levels of dimension to achieve eye-opening effects, or pair glimmer shades with the original matte eye contour palette for endless possibilities. Each velvety powder is blendable and buildable, in Kat Von D’s signature high-performance, long-wear eyeshadow formula, for glimmering looks that shift and sparkle with every movement.

• Why is this palette so popular right now ? Honestly I just don't se...2 Answers
  • Should I get this or the Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette ?11 Answers
  • Is this a good a palette? Would you recommend this one over the Mat...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kelly K.
Kelly K.
New Fairfield, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
 worship matte eye palettes. My previous go-to palette was the Tarte Tartelette palette, which has amazing blendable neutrals that I love. But when I heard that Kat Von D was coming out with a neutral eye palette, I was like, this I have to see!I saw it and bought it in a heartbeat. As much as I love, and still love, the Tarte paletee, the Kat Von D version is a stop-the-presses, whoa, perfect palette! Let me start with the colors. Oh, the colors! There are three looks, with four shadows in each. The looks are warm, neutral and cool, but you can mix and match among the quads. The larger shadow is the base shadow, while the other three are highlight, contour, etc.They go on like a dream. I used them without a primer, and they lasted all day. The colors are so easy to work with, you'll be amazed at how many more looks you can do because you aren't trying to clean up a mess. There is no fallout; the colors are rich and full with no chalkiness.I have brown eyes, and I love all shades of brown shadow. It's a true neutral for me; it makes my eyes look much bigger than they are, and yet I never seem to be wearing makeup (unless I purposely go for that kind of a look, like with a smokey eye.) These shades are also marvelous for girls with blue eyes. Nothing, but nothing,makes blue eyes pop like being surrounded by brown shadow.Naturally, the brown mattes in this collection are heaven-sent for women over 40. Using any number of these shadows will make you look good, no creasing, no wrinkle highlighting. Everyone will be looking at how gorgeous you are, and not at your makeup!This is also a nice-sized palette, with a pretty, solid case and a good mirror. If you get it at Sephora, where it's sold exclusively, you'll save a chunk of change from some of the prices I see here. At the Sephora price, this palette is a STEAL!! Grab it!
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Kat von d finally released a palette that not only had four different finishes, but has such versatile & flattering to all skin tones, shades ;that also perfectly accompany her shade & light eye contour palette.

The palette itself I have used multiple times, after purchasing it from Sephora, and I have found that depending on the eyeshadows finish, the shades work differently. For example the shade quartz, I find works best with your finger or a synthetic flat brush & ether fix plus (to help adhere the shade to your brush) or the nyx glitter glue! Compared to the shade bronze that is a typical glittery eyeshadow & can be used with any eyeshadow brush!

The packaging is also a step up from her last palette, as it features a hard case that has the title in a raised material.

The only draw back to this palette is the price point (a whopping $49) & the extra effort needed for some of the more chunky glittery shades; as they require a little more time to make sure they adhere properly to the eye to stop fallout.
candi s.
candi s.
Martinsburg, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this from Sephora for 49 bucks, I also purchased the brush that was made to go with this palette. I love shimmer shadows so as soon as I saw this I knew I would love it. All of the shades have great pigmentation, and when it says glimmer palette let me tell you it glimmers. These shimmers are so sparkly , especially the highlight shades. It's set up into 3 blocks of shades, so it's easy to do a look. You can use all the shades in a block or mix and match. The shadows are smooth and creamy making them super easy to blend. I left a star off just for the fallout, though I do see less fallout when i use the special brush. The shadows last all day and do not crease on me. There aren't any mattes so I do use a base color and or bronzer for my crease when using this.
Jacquelyn H.
Jacquelyn H.
Jacksonville, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Honestly when I first saw this palette I was bound and determined to have it. I saw it on the Sephora website and even thought I knew it wasn't available in stores I went and asked my favorite Sephora location if they had it and sure enough they grabbed it out of the back for me. I was in love with it when I swatched the shadows and I was so excited to play wth it. Well, the shadows are all very pigmented for sure, which is great, but the glitter shadows literally go all over the place when I try to apply them. I have tried to use a setting spray which does help, but it can be a pain to have to spray my brushes every single time I dip into one of those pans. I am hoping I grow to love it more because it is super beautiful and I love Kat Von D Beauty. The funny thing is that I normally go for matte eyeshadows, but because the quality of her products is always top notch I really felt like I needed to have this palette and while it is gorgeous, I can't get over how much work it takes to apply the glitter shadows.
Hannah P.
Hannah P.
To say the original Shade and Light Eye Palette is my favorite palette is an understatement! I've literally gone through two of them! So hearing that they were going to be making the same color scheme only in glimmer shades, my heart literally skipped a beat! It's like my make up dreams imagined in a palette.
- The Palette does live up to the shade range expectations! Just like in the original, you have a cool, warm, and neutral set of shades.
- although the glitter shades, are absolutely stunning, in fact I wish she would release them and singles so I can just use them as highlights, the other types of shadows, are slightly underwhelming for me. Although they are still beautiful, I just feel like they didn't pack a punch, like the glitter shadows did.
- the softness of some of the shadows is a little scary, just in the idea that I feel as though if I dropped the palette that they would shatter everywhere.
- there is no fall out and the longevity of the shadows is outstanding.
All In all, I'm glad I bought the palette and would recommend it. But I just found some of the shade underwhelming.
Veronica S.
Veronica S.
Winter Spgs, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I fell in love with this palette after the Instagram swatches. The browns were my dreams come true. I finger swatched the palette as soon as I got it, no primer just bare arm. I was excited to put it on my eyes. The first look was nice the shimmer shade stayed on and lasted throughout the day. The next look had the worst fallout I've ever experienced. I had such a difficult time getting one of the shades on my eyelid( I used it wet,with my finger,with different brushes)it just wouldn't stay put, an oddly enough the little that held on for dear life transferred above my lid. It was a total fail. I am going to attempt one more time with a stickier base and if no luck I will have to return it. I have never returned eyeshadow, I have always made it work for me somehow, but this was disappointing and not worth it to me. Too much work trying to make the eyeshadow perform. *After trying with different primers I used the E.L.F glitter primer and the sigma flat shader brush and the shadows applied beautifully. MUST USE A STICKY PRIMER OR BASE
I decided to keep it after using with the glitter primer.
Savannah W.
Savannah W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
SO MUCH LOVE. When Kat first announced this palette, I knew that I had to have it to pair with the original, all matte version. When I got it, I immediately swatched it, and knew that it was going to be amazing. All of the shades felt sooo buttery and smooth, except the black. It was the only one that was a little bit chalky. I absolutely love this product though. When you pair it with it's original, the possibilities are endless. In the picture posted with this review I used all 3 of the Shade and Light family to create this look. I even used one of the shades from the Glimmer palette for my cheek, nose, And lip highlight. As you can see, the colors are GORGEOUS and super pigmented. Definitely recommend snagging this baby before it's gone!
Rita D.
Rita D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the original palette and this compliments that so perfectly! This is a palette with similar colors as the original one but just in a shimmer form. The eyeshadows are either metallic or shimmery. The formula of this palette is different from the original one. It is a bit more chunky, which doesn't sound that nice. BUT, because they are a little chunky they give such a nice reflection to the lids when applied. The more metallic shades are like pressed glitter so I would suggest using a primer or a glitter primmer so that the eyeshadow will stay on the eyes for the whole day. But by no means are these shadows hard to blend. They still blend seamlessly on the eyes and are very pigmented. You also can layer them without making your look muddy. If you already have the original one then this will be a great addition because the colors go together so well
Sheila K.
Sheila K.
Plymouth, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Yet again, Kat Von D proves herself as to having the best quality cosmetics that you can buy.
I've lived the matte s&l pallet for years. I was so excited when I saw this was coming out.
The colors are amazing , obviously. What stands out about this pallet is there is virtually no fall out. Most every foil shadow ice ever used has had to be applied before foundation because of their excessive fall out. That does NOT happen with this pallet. I've tested every single color , the consistency is the same with every shade.
Go get this pallet!
Tenesha S.
Tenesha S.
Council Blfs, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've recently started to look into Kat Von D's makeup line, and this eyeshadow caught my eye.  After swatching a few shades in store, I went ahead and purchased the glimmer palette, as I was not sure if it was limited edition or not (figured I will have plenty of time to get the original Shade and Light).  I really do like these shadows, my favorite being Rust, but glitter glue is a must, not uncommon with glittery eyeshadows.  The formula is beautiful, and I didn't find it to be too chunky.  I am really wanting to pick up the all matte version now.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Greensboro, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Should I get this or the Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette ?
Leah A.
Leah A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this just the shimmery version of the original matte palette? Same shades and formula?
Valerie Renata A.
Valerie Renata A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What you guys recommend to use those shades? This is more for night time ?
Lesley T.
Lesley T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've heard so many mixed reviews for this palette! Is there a lot of fall out? Are the shades not pigmented when applied to the lids with a brush?
Vicki W.
Vicki W.
Portage, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it just me or from the swatches I've been seeing a lot of the colors look very close to being the same maybe it the flashes from the cameras. I'm loving the looks I'm seeing people do. I love KVDB and I've been on the fence about this palette. Any input to help me off the fence? Thank you