BY KAT VON D #14 in Eyeshadow

An eye contouring palette with 12 neutral shades in a range of glimmer finishes. Kat Von D revolutionized the art of contouring once again with the Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette a unique way to contour with not only shadow and light, but eye-catching dimension. Experience the same neutral tones from the original bestselling Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette reimagined in four wearable finishes that build in intensity. Organized into neutral, cool, and warm-toned quads, this palette features shimmering satin base shades, pearlized metallic contour hues, and reflective glitter tones. Define shades and special effect glimmer top coats bringing light-catching dimension to any look. Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette allows you to seamlessly build a look within the palette by layering different levels of dimension to achieve eye-opening effects, or pair glimmer shades with the original matte eye contour palette for endless possibilities. Each velvety powder is blendable and buildable, and features Kat Von D's signature high-performance, long-wear eyeshadow formula for glimmering looks that shift and sparkle with every movement. This set contains: - 3 x 0.08 oz/ 2.2 g Base Shades in Porcelain (satin nude), Dusk (satin taupe), Dune (satin peach) - 3 x 0.04 oz/ 1 g Contour Shades in Copper (metallic fawn), Cinder (metallic chestnut), Rust (metallic rust) - 3 x 0.04 oz/ 1 g Define Shades in Bronze (espresso with gold glitter), Onyx (jet black with silver glitter), Jasper (chocolate with gold glitter) - 3 x 0.05 oz/ 1.5 g Topcoat Shades in Sterling (white gold special effect glimmer), Glacier (platinum special effect glimmer), Quartz (rose gold special effect glimmer) It is formulated Without: - Parabens "The true inspiration behind Shade + Light comes from all these years of trying to understand the usage of shadows and light within the portraits I draw." Kat Von D "I am proud to say that Kat Von D Beauty products are never tested on animals and never wi see more...

Buy on Sephora
Kelly K.
Kelly K.
Danbury
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
 worship matte eye palettes. My previous go-to palette was the Tarte Tartelette palette, which has amazing blendable neutrals that I love. But when I heard that Kat Von D was coming out with a neutral eye palette, I was like, this I have to see!I saw it and bought it in a heartbeat. As much as I love, and still love, the Tarte paletee, the Kat Von D version is a stop-the-presses, whoa, perfect palette! Let me start with the colors. Oh, the colors! There are three looks, with four shadows in each. The looks are warm, neutral and cool, but you can mix and match among the quads. The larger shadow is the base shadow, while the other three are highlight, contour, etc.They go on like a dream. I used them without a primer, and they lasted all day. The colors are so easy to work with, you'll be amazed at how many more looks you can do because you aren't trying to clean up a mess. There is no fallout; the colors are rich and full with no chalkiness.I have brown eyes, and I love all shades of brown shadow. It's a true neutral for me; it makes my eyes look much bigger than they are, and yet I never seem to be wearing makeup (unless I purposely go for that kind of a look, like with a smokey eye.) These shades are also marvelous for girls with blue eyes. Nothing, but nothing,makes blue eyes pop like being surrounded by brown shadow.Naturally, the brown mattes in this collection are heaven-sent for women over 40. Using any number of these shadows will make you look good, no creasing, no wrinkle highlighting. Everyone will be looking at how gorgeous you are, and not at your makeup!This is also a nice-sized palette, with a pretty, solid case and a good mirror. If you get it at Sephora, where it's sold exclusively, you'll save a chunk of change from some of the prices I see here. At the Sephora price, this palette is a STEAL!! Grab it!
candi s.
candi s.
Martinsburg, WV
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
I purchased this from Sephora for 49 bucks, I also purchased the brush that was made to go with this palette. I love shimmer shadows so as soon as I saw this I knew I would love it. All of the shades have great pigmentation, and when it says glimmer palette let me tell you it glimmers. These shimmers are so sparkly , especially the highlight shades. It's set up into 3 blocks of shades, so it's easy to do a look. You can use all the shades in a block or mix and match. The shadows are smooth and creamy making them super easy to blend. I left a star off just for the fallout, though I do see less fallout when i use the special brush. The shadows last all day and do not crease on me. There aren't any mattes so I do use a base color and or bronzer for my crease when using this.
Veronica S.
Veronica S.
Winter Spgs, FL
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
I fell in love with this palette after the Instagram swatches. The browns were my dreams come true. I finger swatched the palette as soon as I got it, no primer just bare arm. I was excited to put it on my eyes. The first look was nice the shimmer shade stayed on and lasted throughout the day. The next look had the worst fallout I've ever experienced. I had such a difficult time getting one of the shades on my eyelid( I used it wet,with my finger,with different brushes)it just wouldn't stay put, an oddly enough the little that held on for dear life transferred above my lid. It was a total fail. I am going to attempt one more time with a stickier base and if no luck I will have to return it. I have never returned eyeshadow, I have always made it work for me somehow, but this was disappointing and not worth it to me. Too much work trying to make the eyeshadow perform. *After trying with different primers I used the E.L.F glitter primer and the sigma flat shader brush and the shadows applied beautifully. MUST USE A STICKY PRIMER OR BASE
I decided to keep it after using with the glitter primer.
Savannah W.
Savannah W.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
SO MUCH LOVE. When Kat first announced this palette, I knew that I had to have it to pair with the original, all matte version. When I got it, I immediately swatched it, and knew that it was going to be amazing. All of the shades felt sooo buttery and smooth, except the black. It was the only one that was a little bit chalky. I absolutely love this product though. When you pair it with it's original, the possibilities are endless. In the picture posted with this review I used all 3 of the Shade and Light family to create this look. I even used one of the shades from the Glimmer palette for my cheek, nose, And lip highlight. As you can see, the colors are GORGEOUS and super pigmented. Definitely recommend snagging this baby before it's gone!
Sheila K.
Sheila K.
Plymouth, MA
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
Yet again, Kat Von D proves herself as to having the best quality cosmetics that you can buy.
I've lived the matte s&l pallet for years. I was so excited when I saw this was coming out.
The colors are amazing , obviously. What stands out about this pallet is there is virtually no fall out. Most every foil shadow ice ever used has had to be applied before foundation because of their excessive fall out. That does NOT happen with this pallet. I've tested every single color , the consistency is the same with every shade.
Go get this pallet!
Jewels G.
Jewels G.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
This pallet is amazing I love it so much. I just love how the plane so easily and shimmer colors you're still up so beautifully on my skin complexion. I was a little nervous at first but honestly this is going to be my go to natural but still want to look good sleigh I shall pallet. This pallet is amazing I love it so much. I just love how the blend so easily and shimmer colors you're still up so beautifully on my skin complexion. I was a little nervous at first but honestly this is going to be my go to natural but still want to look good slay I eyeshadow palette .
Brooklyn W.
Brooklyn W.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
This palette is gorgeous! I immediately knew I needed it as soon as she announced it was coming. The packaging is beyond gorgeous! The Satins are really nice, the only problem I have is with the glitter topper shades. You MUST use a sticky base or the glitter will fall, all of it, in minutes. Is this worth $49? I'd say you could live without it, if you're like me and collect makeup and like to have all in your collection, then I say it's worth it. If you had to choose between this or the matte version, the matte version is way better.
Rose M.
Rose M.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
My go to palette is the naked 2 eyeshadow palette and let me tell you i was in love it it. If you opened my drawer for eyeshadow you would probably find more than four, but then my friend told me about this palette and since i love trying new things, i went and bought it and since the first try i was like "man i live this", it has neutral colors and four in each a total of 12 colors. Im in live with this palette and so will you be when you try it!!!
Greensboro, NC
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
I love this palette. All of the shades are the same as the beloved Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, and work well together. The four different finishes are what sets this apart. From lightly shimmery to eye-catching glitter, these shadows will help you create subtle or high glam looks. My favorite shade is Rust, which is a gorgeous shimmery bronze. I recommend this palette if you love Kat von D beauty products and neutral colors or glitter.
Hope S.
Hope S.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
The pigmentation and quality of this palette is so hit and miss from shade to shade. Some of the shimmers swatch beautifully, others have a ton of fall out and kick back. While these types of colors translate really well in the matte palette, the shades just aren't the same with the shimmers. A lot of these have very chunky glitter so it just isn't as wearable to me. Overall, I'd skip on this, it just feels gimmicky and a little pointless.
Greensboro, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Should I get this or the Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette ?
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Hazard, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this worth the price an is there a dupe
Lesley T.
Lesley T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've heard so many mixed reviews for this palette! Is there a lot of fall out? Are the shades not pigmented when applied to the lids with a brush?
Jessica V.
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are the shadows better applied with your finger or a brush?
Brooklin H.
Brooklin H.
spring hill
So i heard this was a good palette, But i never tried it and i really wanna get it. Is it worth paying?