BY KAT VON D #1 in Contouring Kits

We came, we saw, we contoured! How did we get through the day before Shade+Light??

This contour collection was a game changer for makeup mavericks everywhere! Inspired by an artist’s palette, Kat created six matte shades that look truly stunning on EVERYONE!

The contour and highlight pairs are arranged by undertone, so you get neutral, warm and cool shades! (But you can use all the shades no matter your undertone). Use the deeper contour shades to add natural shadow and depth to your face, then accentuate your best angles with the brighter highlight shades!

Learn how to master three key contouring techniques with the included insert that Kat illustrated herself, or check out our videos section for even more in-depth tutorials.

The formula is SO incredibly fine, we feel like we’re brushing on powdered silk. And speaking of brushes, we made one specifically for this very palette! Read all about our Shade+Light Contour Brush!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!

• I'm having troubles deciding which contour kit to get. Anastasia ...93 Answers
  • Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette OR Anastasia Beverl...3 Answers
  • Anyone else like buying “beauty on a budget?!” Well, go check you...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "this contour kit is so good! it blends so well into my powder and you don’t have to blend really hard to get it to do so. the coloring of the contour is perfect for my skin tone (light to medium) and i love the feel of the powder. only downside is i have gone through it pretty quickly because contour requires a bit of powder-& that’s tough when it’s a little pricey." in 1112 reviews
  • "i found this palette at tjmaxx for $25 and was so excited to grab it! i really enjoy the lightest shades to set my face and under eye and i can use the two lightest contour shades as bronzer and contour. unfortunately, due to my fair skin tone i don’t think i am going to ever be able to use the darkest of the highlight and contour shades. however, the powders are super soft, smooth and pigmented. this is the only product i own from kat von d and it makes me want to check out some of her other products." in 411 reviews
Julia R.
Boryspil, Gorkogo 50, Apt27
Review for: Levitation, Shadowplay, Sombre more...
Hi guys!
So it took me a long time to choose the right contour palette when i realized i needed one. However im very glad that my friend suggested to choose exactly this one.
So first. The palette has great pigmentation, it takes only one light strike of a brush for almost all face. Its bery pigmented!
Second. 3 dark shades and 3 light shades. The dark ones much bigger than the light ones, which is very clever!) Colors are great - i use all of them depending on the time of the year and how tanned i am.
Third. The yellow shade is perfect for covering dark circles! I often have those and this delicate yellow doesn't look yellow on my face, but it instantly brightens my face up! Makes it fresh and bright! Love using it!
Fourth. It lasts! I work as a flight attendant and some flights are really busy so i don't have sometimes even a second to check or renew my makeup. However this palette is something you can trust.
I definitely recommend this palette!

P.S.
Inside the palette there is also a short but useful information/tutorial on how to contour face.
Anna S.
New Providnce, NJ
Review for: Other more...
This is truly the best powder contour palette out there. I bought mine about two years ago and still have product left. It was one of my first ever big beauty buys so I did endless research and watched tons of video reviews trying to decide what I wanted to try. I finally came down to this one (honestly I fell in love with the packaging) and I am not disappointed. Through all the other products I’ve tried since then, I always come back to this palette. The formula is nothing short of amazing - a little bit of product goes a long way! It blends like a dream. I get use out of all the shades in the palette depending on how dramatic I’m looking to go and I have very fair skin. The yellow toned shade in the top is great for brightening up the under eye area, and so is the peach one. You can even set your concealer with them if they’re close in shade anyways. The powders look beadiful on top of liquid foundation, or even on my bare skin. They stay looking gorgeous for hours, never patchy. This is just all around an amazing product!
Sarah P.
Los Angeles
Review for: Levitation, Shadowplay, Sombre more...
I have extremely pale skin so most contours look either extremely muddy, or extreemely red on my face.  The Kat Von D Shade + Light palette is one of the only contour palettes that actually works for my skin color and skin type.  It blends absolutely beautifully and the lightest contour shade is the perfect ashy brown to sculpt out my cheekbones.  THe only downside is that I can only use two colors out of the entire palette, and the other four I rarely tap into because they're way too dark for me.  However I find that they make pretty good eyeshadows and even brow powders, so I still can make some use out of them.  However, the ultimate star of this palette for me is the two lightest shades in this palette, and I love that you can buy refills of the shades instead of just buying a whole nother palette.
Christine M.
Westerville, OH
Review for: Other more...
This is my first and only contour palette.  I was pretty clueless when it came to contouring.  I was given some instruction by an employee in Sephora on how to use this palette.  For someone who had no clue how to contour and gets overwhelmed by the palettes with tons of colors, this palette was perfect for me.  I have an olive tone skin and this palette is perfect for me.  I loved how there were enough colors to contour with but not so many that I had to make a bunch of choices on what colors to use.  I loved this palette so much that i bought it for my mom and taught her how to use it.  She loves it as well.  The colors blend easily and can give as much or as little color as you need.  This palette is great for every day use but can be applied to make a date night or night out look.  I was lucky to find the perfect contour palette for me on the first try!!
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I really love this palette! I found it discounted at Marshalls for $22, but after trying it I think it’s definitely worth full price. It’s one of the creamiest powder contour I’ve ever tried! It’s super blendable and it has great pigmentation. There is a little bit of fall out, but that’s not a con for me, I’ve never been bothered by it. I really like the range of shades in this palette too! The lightest contour shade is great for fair skin. It’s not too ashy, it’s a perfect color. I love this whole palette! Even though I can’t use every single shade for its use, I can use them for my eyes which actually works out nice! I love using the contour shades on my eyes! I think this palette is just really awesome, and compared to another very popular one higher end contour palette, I would recommend this ANY DAY! I have very dry skin, but the shades in this are so creamy that it goes on very nice and doesn’t get blotchy! Love this Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette SO much!!! {And if you don’t wanna pay full price, check out your local TJX stores! It’s around $25 there now!!!}
Frankie L.
Glendale, AZ
Let me start off my review with a little bit of background. I bought this palette because I have a pretty chubby face that needed contouring and decided that the hype was too good to be true, but instead I walked over to the counter at Sephora, swatched it, and fell in love. It was the only palette with such a cool toned contour powder that matched my skin that I HAD to have it. Fast forward a few months and I'm playing with the palette. I had JUST cleared up my skin and have been taking every possible step and precaution to prevent acne and it had worked. I had it sitting unused in my drawer along with all of my other makeup for about two weeks just to make sure my skin was healthy enough to put makeup on. I did a full face and took pictures and was delighted about how much I loved it. That night, after removing my makeup and going through my process of cleaning my face and putting all of my skincare routine to work, I noticed that I had a little bit of irritation and bumps but decided my makeup and sweat throughout the day caused a bit of a breakout, put my spot treatment on it, and fell asleep. I woke up the next day and looked in the mirror and to my horror spotted about 10-11 huge cystic pimples along the area I contour (under cheek bones, jaw, around the face, and forehead). I associated it with my foundation and fixed my skin (AGAIN!) and didn't use any product for about 2 months. I tried to put on makeup after my skin cleared and found myself with the same acne AGAIN. I don't know what caused my breakouts in the palette but I know it was the palette and immediately returned it. I will never put my skin through that torture again.
Lindsey C.
Review for: Levitation more...
This is a pretty solid contour pallet. The packaging is built very sturdy and I never have to worry about it falling apart. Not to mention the design is fantastic. Very chic, very goth, all-around stunning.

The colors are great. Being on the fair side, I can only use about half the palette. It has lasted me a good long time (I’ve had it for about a year), and I’ve only used two of the colors up, both being highlighters.

I really enjoyed that there are cool and warm tones in this palette. It allows any skin type to utilize the the colors.

The only downside to this pallet is that it had a broken contour color that completely fell out when purchased. This is most likely due to shipping and the store I bought it from. Luckily it was too dark for me to utilize anyways. Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette
Tia B.
Kansas City
Review for: Other more...
This palette is so worth the hype. There is a tad bit of fall out but nothing out of the ordinary. It is SO pigmented (lol manny). I usually dip my brush in it and tap off the excess and still have to use a light hand when applying. I’m into natural eye looks and so I use these shades on my lid too and I’m obsessed with how natural and classic it makes my eye looks. Also perfect for smudging the lower lash line. I am of island decent so I use the middle shade to contour but I also get use out of the other shades by using them as lid transition shades, brow highlight shades and all over the lid base shades.

Check your local Marshall’s + TJ Maxx stores because they changed up the packaging and sent the order ones there. I found it there for $22! Almost HALF the price so I bought it and I love it. Seems like it’ll last a long time, I’ve had it for a month so far and use it every day. It’s worth even the full price.
𝒫𝒶𝓊𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒜.
I’m so happy I bought this contour palette! I don’t really splurge on contour kits so much I sometimes use brozer as my contour. My first contour kit was ABH Powder Contour (last 2015) and I loved it. But as I finished the pan, it get too pricey for me then I switched to bronzers. Then recently, I wanted to try this out and see if it’s really good. AND I LOVE IT!!!! I love the packaging, the amount of it has a huge difference than ABH Powder Contour and it’s also refillable! I love this product, I recommend! :) Attached photo I used the Contour: Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette, Highlight: BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition 21 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette, Eyes: Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette, Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
Jennifer W.
This product was a huge disappointment for me. I really really wanted to like this product and I've tried it continuously but it's definitely a product that I would not recommend I would highly recommend not wasting your money on it and I will definitely not repurchases this product. At first glance the shades are great I love the undertones of them but they just don't blend well. You get a lot of kick up and that's because they are so finely milled which would be fine if they Blended well which is usually the goal of something being finally mailed but it doesn't blend well and it doesn't sit well on my face. I unfortunately cannot bring this product back as I got it on sale add a location that does not accept returns so I've tried to make the best of it but it's not a pallet that I reach for and again is not something I would recommend or ever purchase again. I find that the lighter Shades Do not sit well on my face I'm not able to use them to help me blend out other products or set Foundation or concealer as it'll sit in creases I didn't even know existed. I do sometimes use the lighter Shades as a way of setting my eyeshadow primer before I put on other eyeshadows on top but I can't even use the darker Shades as eyeshadows throughout my crease because they are just very choppy they don't blend and again they don't sit well on the skin. The packaging is gorgeous. It does get dirty quite easily and it was disappointing because it was a very hyped up product and I do like other products by Kat Von D just not this one.
Ashley C.
Plano, TX
I'm having troubles deciding which contour kit to get. Anastasia or Kat Von D?
Piper Q.
I really want to try this out is it worth the money?
Soledad A.
Mendoza
I've seen so many reviews and videos about this palette I want to know if this palette is dark because I have pale skin.. So I wonder if its too dark
Stella K.
Lafayette, CO
I have been using a powder contour palette since contour became popular, but I have been considering the switch to a more liquid one. I've been torn between this palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and wanted to know which people prefer and why?
Chloe H.
I have read so many reviews and videos about this palette. I want to know your thoughts on it? Should I spend the pretty penny and buy it or should I save my money? I'm in high school so I'm going for a natural look, is this palette good for that?