BY KAT VON D #1 in Contouring

We came, we saw, we contoured! How did we get through the day before Shade+Light??

This contour collection was a game changer for makeup mavericks everywhere! Inspired by an artist’s palette, Kat created six matte shades that look truly stunning on EVERYONE!

The contour and highlight pairs are arranged by undertone, so you get neutral, warm and cool shades! (But you can use all the shades no matter your undertone). Use the deeper contour shades to add natural shadow and depth to your face, then accentuate your best angles with the brighter highlight shades!

Learn how to master three key contouring techniques with the included insert that Kat illustrated herself, or check out our videos section for even more in-depth tutorials.

The formula is SO incredibly fine, we feel like we’re brushing on powdered silk. And speaking of brushes, we made one specifically for this very palette! Read all about our Shade+Light Contour Brush!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!

• Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette OR Anastasi...7 Answers
  • I'm having troubles deciding which contour kit to get. An...93 Answers
  • Every thing on my face is all about Kat Von D brand, Do I...2 Answers
Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette
  • "this contour kit is so good! it blends so well into my powder and you don’t have to blend really hard to get it to do so. the coloring of the contour is perfect for my skin tone (light to medium) and i love the feel of the powder. only downside is i have gone through it pretty quickly because contour requires a bit of powder-& that’s tough when it’s a little pricey." in 1112 reviews
  • "i found this palette at tjmaxx for $25 and was so excited to grab it! i really enjoy the lightest shades to set my face and under eye and i can use the two lightest contour shades as bronzer and contour. unfortunately, due to my fair skin tone i don’t think i am going to ever be able to use the darkest of the highlight and contour shades. however, the powders are super soft, smooth and pigmented. this is the only product i own from kat von d and it makes me want to check out some of her other products." in 411 reviews
Julia R.
Boryspil, Gorkogo 50, Apt27
Review for: Levitation, Shadowplay, Sombre more...
Hi guys!
So it took me a long time to choose the right contour palette when i realized i needed one. However im very glad that my friend suggested to choose exactly this one.
So first. The palette has great pigmentation, it takes only one light strike of a brush for almost all face. Its bery pigmented!
Second. 3 dark shades and 3 light shades. The dark ones much bigger than the light ones, which is very clever!) Colors are great - i use all of them depending on the time of the year and how tanned i am.
Third. The yellow shade is perfect for covering dark circles! I often have those and this delicate yellow doesn't look yellow on my face, but it instantly brightens my face up! Makes it fresh and bright! Love using it!
Fourth. It lasts! I work as a flight attendant and some flights are really busy so i don't have sometimes even a second to check or renew my makeup. However this palette is something you can trust.
I definitely recommend this palette!

P.S.
Inside the palette there is also a short but useful information/tutorial on how to contour face.
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
Review for: Other more...
Overall this is an extremely high quality contour highlight palette with very versatile shades so regardless of your skin tone, this product should work amazing for you! The packaging is fairly compact and closes with magnets so it is easy to travel with and I don't find myself worrying about the product getting ruined or opening in my bag. It includes 3 highlighting shades and 3 contouring/bronzing shades. The highlighters are roughly half the size of the bronze/contour shades, but all in all, there is a TON of product in this palette!

As for the highlighting shades there is a slightly pink/beige colored powder, a yellow powder, and a pale orangeish powder. Personally, I use the upper left hand one and the middle one to powder under my eyes, on my chin, cheekbones, down my nose and in the center of my forehead. I really love the brightening effect this has when using the lightning powders. It really helps to lighten those areas and it also does a great job with setting my concealer too. Regardless of the makeup look I'm going for on any given day, I find myself almost ALWAYS reaching for this palette for these lighter shades alone!

The contour shades have a very gray toned powder, a warmer toned shade, and a VERY deep toned contour shade. I love how different each one of the colors is. A lot of contour palettes I see on the market have very similar colors within them. That is NOT the case at all with this product. I personally love the color "Sombre" for contouring. It really does a FANTASTIC JOB at mimicking that shadow we're trying to create when contouring our face. I love using "shadowplay" as a bronzer because of the warmth it has. Both shades are used quite frequently by me.

Every single one of these shades are very  finely milled and apply/blend flawlessly. They are extremely pigmented yet very soft at the same time. Since there is such a wide variety/difference in each of the shades, this palette is suitable for almost any skin tone. It is among some of the pricier palettes out there, but to me, it is absolutely worth it. Now that I own this product I am not sure how I could ever be without it!

Avi c.
united states
Review for: Levitation more...
Esta paleta para contorno y iluminacion la havia querido comprar desde hace un tiempo lo unico que me detenia era el precio en usa cuesta aproximadamente $49 dlls. Lo bueno es que la navidad pasada me la regalaron. El producto es muy buen cremosito facil de difuminar y si tiene bastante para que ami me dure quisas mas de 1año yo no uso contorno todos los dias asi que si me durara bastante me gusta aplicar bisque o parchment bajo mis ojeras antes de el corrector y me las tapa muy bien, tiene un espejo muy grande y el diseño de la paleta como todas las de kat von d es muy lindo personalmente me encanta, censillo y facil de mantenerla limpia.cierra muy bien por si viajas no creo que alla problema de que se derrame o se habra sin querer . Lo que no me encanta es el precio . Lol
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I really love this palette! I found it discounted at Marshalls for $22, but after trying it I think it’s definitely worth full price. It’s one of the creamiest powder contour I’ve ever tried! It’s super blendable and it has great pigmentation. There is a little bit of fall out, but that’s not a con for me, I’ve never been bothered by it. I really like the range of shades in this palette too! The lightest contour shade is great for fair skin. It’s not too ashy, it’s a perfect color. I love this whole palette! Even though I can’t use every single shade for its use, I can use them for my eyes which actually works out nice! I love using the contour shades on my eyes! I think this palette is just really awesome, and compared to another very popular one higher end contour palette, I would recommend this ANY DAY! I have very dry skin, but the shades in this are so creamy that it goes on very nice and doesn’t get blotchy! Love this Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette SO much!!! {And if you don’t wanna pay full price, check out your local TJX stores! It’s around $25 there now!!!}
Frankie L.
Glendale, AZ
Let me start off my review with a little bit of background. I bought this palette because I have a pretty chubby face that needed contouring and decided that the hype was too good to be true, but instead I walked over to the counter at Sephora, swatched it, and fell in love. It was the only palette with such a cool toned contour powder that matched my skin that I HAD to have it. Fast forward a few months and I'm playing with the palette. I had JUST cleared up my skin and have been taking every possible step and precaution to prevent acne and it had worked. I had it sitting unused in my drawer along with all of my other makeup for about two weeks just to make sure my skin was healthy enough to put makeup on. I did a full face and took pictures and was delighted about how much I loved it. That night, after removing my makeup and going through my process of cleaning my face and putting all of my skincare routine to work, I noticed that I had a little bit of irritation and bumps but decided my makeup and sweat throughout the day caused a bit of a breakout, put my spot treatment on it, and fell asleep. I woke up the next day and looked in the mirror and to my horror spotted about 10-11 huge cystic pimples along the area I contour (under cheek bones, jaw, around the face, and forehead). I associated it with my foundation and fixed my skin (AGAIN!) and didn't use any product for about 2 months. I tried to put on makeup after my skin cleared and found myself with the same acne AGAIN. I don't know what caused my breakouts in the palette but I know it was the palette and immediately returned it. I will never put my skin through that torture again.
Tia B.
West Valley City, UT
Review for: Other more...
This palette is so worth the hype. There is a tad bit of fall out but nothing out of the ordinary. It is SO pigmented (lol manny). I usually dip my brush in it and tap off the excess and still have to use a light hand when applying. I’m into natural eye looks and so I use these shades on my lid too and I’m obsessed with how natural and classic it makes my eye looks. Also perfect for smudging the lower lash line. I am of island decent so I use the middle shade to contour but I also get use out of the other shades by using them as lid transition shades, brow highlight shades and all over the lid base shades.

Check your local Marshall’s + TJ Maxx stores because they changed up the packaging and sent the order ones there. I found it there for $22! Almost HALF the price so I bought it and I love it. Seems like it’ll last a long time, I’ve had it for a month so far and use it every day. It’s worth even the full price.
Sarah P.
Los Angeles
Review for: Levitation, Shadowplay, Sombre more...
I have extremely pale skin so most contours look either extremely muddy, or extreemely red on my face.  The Kat Von D Shade + Light palette is one of the only contour palettes that actually works for my skin color and skin type.  It blends absolutely beautifully and the lightest contour shade is the perfect ashy brown to sculpt out my cheekbones.  THe only downside is that I can only use two colors out of the entire palette, and the other four I rarely tap into because they're way too dark for me.  However I find that they make pretty good eyeshadows and even brow powders, so I still can make some use out of them.  However, the ultimate star of this palette for me is the two lightest shades in this palette, and I love that you can buy refills of the shades instead of just buying a whole nother palette.
Jennifer W.
This product was a huge disappointment for me. I really really wanted to like this product and I've tried it continuously but it's definitely a product that I would not recommend I would highly recommend not wasting your money on it and I will definitely not repurchases this product. At first glance the shades are great I love the undertones of them but they just don't blend well. You get a lot of kick up and that's because they are so finely milled which would be fine if they Blended well which is usually the goal of something being finally mailed but it doesn't blend well and it doesn't sit well on my face. I unfortunately cannot bring this product back as I got it on sale add a location that does not accept returns so I've tried to make the best of it but it's not a pallet that I reach for and again is not something I would recommend or ever purchase again. I find that the lighter Shades Do not sit well on my face I'm not able to use them to help me blend out other products or set Foundation or concealer as it'll sit in creases I didn't even know existed. I do sometimes use the lighter Shades as a way of setting my eyeshadow primer before I put on other eyeshadows on top but I can't even use the darker Shades as eyeshadows throughout my crease because they are just very choppy they don't blend and again they don't sit well on the skin. The packaging is gorgeous. It does get dirty quite easily and it was disappointing because it was a very hyped up product and I do like other products by Kat Von D just not this one.
April M.
Fountain
Review for: Other more...
I really loved this palette at first. I loved how this universal palette would work for any skin tone. But I found myself wishing the pallets were split to different skin tones instead of me wasting four colors I can’t use. I tried to use the colors for my eyes at first but that was short lived. The formula itself was amazing. But within a few weeks I noticed they were becoming more chalky and powdery. Then the colors started to crack. I’ve never come across makeup that has ever done that. Eventually I had to throw it out before even reaching half pan on two shades. The formula was way too powdery and was falling out of the palette and not sticking to my brush. As of vanishing from thin air. Really disappointing after how much I loved this product at first.
Michelle Y.
Dallas, Tx
Review for: Shadowplay, Sombre, Other more...
This palette is absolutely amazing! First I have to say the packaging is really nice. It has a pretty large mirror which is really helpful. The formula of the powders is great. The powders are really soft and look extremely natural on the skin. It doesn’t look cakey at all. The powders are so easy to blend and extremely buildable. I love how you get a combination of warm and neutral shades. My skin is medium - Tan and I find most of the shades look great with my skin tone. As you can see, my favorite shade to highlight is lyric (top-middle) because it has a more yellow undertone and it looks great with my skin. I use it all the time. For contour I love using shadowplay (bottom- mid) this shade is the perfect warm color for my skin color.I also really like to use the shade sombre (bottom- left) specially for contouring my nose. I would totally recommend this palette if you’re looking for a great variety of highlight and contour shades that would not only look amazing on the skin but they also last all day (no need to re-apply) The price is completely worth it. I’ve used it for almost a year now and I have to say my makeup has never looked so good.
The swatches
4.Shadowplay
5. Subconscious
Ashley C.
Plano, TX
I'm having troubles deciding which contour kit to get. Anastasia or Kat Von D?
Piper Q.
I really want to try this out is it worth the money?
Soledad A.
Mendoza
I've seen so many reviews and videos about this palette I want to know if this palette is dark because I have pale skin.. So I wonder if its too dark
Stella K.
Lafayette, CO
I have been using a powder contour palette since contour became popular, but I have been considering the switch to a more liquid one. I've been torn between this palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and wanted to know which people prefer and why?
Chloe H.
I have read so many reviews and videos about this palette. I want to know your thoughts on it? Should I spend the pretty penny and buy it or should I save my money? I'm in high school so I'm going for a natural look, is this palette good for that?

back