BY KAT VON D #1 in Contouring Kits

We came, we saw, we contoured! How did we get through the day before Shade+Light??

This contour collection was a game changer for makeup mavericks everywhere! Inspired by an artist’s palette, Kat created six matte shades that look truly stunning on EVERYONE!

The contour and highlight pairs are arranged by undertone, so you get neutral, warm and cool shades! (But you can use all the shades no matter your undertone). Use the deeper contour shades to add natural shadow and depth to your face, then accentuate your best angles with the brighter highlight shades!

Learn how to master three key contouring techniques with the included insert that Kat illustrated herself, or check out our videos section for even more in-depth tutorials.

The formula is SO incredibly fine, we feel like we’re brushing on powdered silk. And speaking of brushes, we made one specifically for this very palette! Read all about our Shade+Light Contour Brush!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!

• I'm having troubles deciding which contour kit to get. Anastasia ...87 Answers
  • Anyone else like buying “beauty on a budget?!” Well, go check you...1 Answers
  • Should i get the kat von d shade and light contour palette or the...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "this contour kit is so good! it blends so well into my powder and you don’t have to blend really hard to get it to do so. the coloring of the contour is perfect for my skin tone (light to medium) and i love the feel of the powder. only downside is i have gone through it pretty quickly because contour requires a bit of powder-& that’s tough when it’s a little pricey." in 1112 reviews
  • "i found this palette at tjmaxx for $25 and was so excited to grab it! i really enjoy the lightest shades to set my face and under eye and i can use the two lightest contour shades as bronzer and contour. unfortunately, due to my fair skin tone i don’t think i am going to ever be able to use the darkest of the highlight and contour shades. however, the powders are super soft, smooth and pigmented. this is the only product i own from kat von d and it makes me want to check out some of her other products." in 411 reviews
Julia R.
Boryspil, Gorkogo 50, Apt27
Review for: Levitation, Shadowplay, Sombre more...
Hi guys!
So it took me a long time to choose the right contour palette when i realized i needed one. However im very glad that my friend suggested to choose exactly this one.
So first. The palette has great pigmentation, it takes only one light strike of a brush for almost all face. Its bery pigmented!
Second. 3 dark shades and 3 light shades. The dark ones much bigger than the light ones, which is very clever!) Colors are great - i use all of them depending on the time of the year and how tanned i am.
Third. The yellow shade is perfect for covering dark circles! I often have those and this delicate yellow doesn't look yellow on my face, but it instantly brightens my face up! Makes it fresh and bright! Love using it!
Fourth. It lasts! I work as a flight attendant and some flights are really busy so i don't have sometimes even a second to check or renew my makeup. However this palette is something you can trust.
I definitely recommend this palette!

Inside the palette there is also a short but useful information/tutorial on how to contour face.
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I really love this palette! I found it discounted at Marshalls for $22, but after trying it I think it’s definitely worth full price. It’s one of the creamiest powder contour I’ve ever tried! It’s super blendable and it has great pigmentation. There is a little bit of fall out, but that’s not a con for me, I’ve never been bothered by it. I really like the range of shades in this palette too! The lightest contour shade is great for fair skin. It’s not too ashy, it’s a perfect color. I love this whole palette! Even though I can’t use every single shade for its use, I can use them for my eyes which actually works out nice! I love using the contour shades on my eyes! I think this palette is just really awesome, and compared to another very popular one higher end contour palette, I would recommend this ANY DAY! I have very dry skin, but the shades in this are so creamy that it goes on very nice and doesn’t get blotchy! Love this Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette SO much!!! {And if you don’t wanna pay full price, check out your local TJX stores! It’s around $25 there now!!!}
Frankie L.
Glendale, AZ
Let me start off my review with a little bit of background. I bought this palette because I have a pretty chubby face that needed contouring and decided that the hype was too good to be true, but instead I walked over to the counter at Sephora, swatched it, and fell in love. It was the only palette with such a cool toned contour powder that matched my skin that I HAD to have it. Fast forward a few months and I'm playing with the palette. I had JUST cleared up my skin and have been taking every possible step and precaution to prevent acne and it had worked. I had it sitting unused in my drawer along with all of my other makeup for about two weeks just to make sure my skin was healthy enough to put makeup on. I did a full face and took pictures and was delighted about how much I loved it. That night, after removing my makeup and going through my process of cleaning my face and putting all of my skincare routine to work, I noticed that I had a little bit of irritation and bumps but decided my makeup and sweat throughout the day caused a bit of a breakout, put my spot treatment on it, and fell asleep. I woke up the next day and looked in the mirror and to my horror spotted about 10-11 huge cystic pimples along the area I contour (under cheek bones, jaw, around the face, and forehead). I associated it with my foundation and fixed my skin (AGAIN!) and didn't use any product for about 2 months. I tried to put on makeup after my skin cleared and found myself with the same acne AGAIN. I don't know what caused my breakouts in the palette but I know it was the palette and immediately returned it. I will never put my skin through that torture again.
𝒫𝒶𝓊𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒜.
I’m so happy I bought this contour palette! I don’t really splurge on contour kits so much I sometimes use brozer as my contour. My first contour kit was ABH Powder Contour (last 2015) and I loved it. But as I finished the pan, it get too pricey for me then I switched to bronzers. Then recently, I wanted to try this out and see if it’s really good. AND I LOVE IT!!!! I love the packaging, the amount of it has a huge difference than ABH Powder Contour and it’s also refillable! I love this product, I recommend! :) Attached photo I used the Contour: Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette, Highlight: BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition 21 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette, Eyes: Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette, Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
Tia B.
Kansas City
Review for: Other more...
This palette is so worth the hype. There is a tad bit of fall out but nothing out of the ordinary. It is SO pigmented (lol manny). I usually dip my brush in it and tap off the excess and still have to use a light hand when applying. I’m into natural eye looks and so I use these shades on my lid too and I’m obsessed with how natural and classic it makes my eye looks. Also perfect for smudging the lower lash line. I am of island decent so I use the middle shade to contour but I also get use out of the other shades by using them as lid transition shades, brow highlight shades and all over the lid base shades.

Check your local Marshall’s + TJ Maxx stores because they changed up the packaging and sent the order ones there. I found it there for $22! Almost HALF the price so I bought it and I love it. Seems like it’ll last a long time, I’ve had it for a month so far and use it every day. It’s worth even the full price.
Michelle Y.
Dallas, Tx
Review for: Shadowplay, Sombre, Other more...
This palette is absolutely amazing! First I have to say the packaging is really nice. It has a pretty large mirror which is really helpful. The formula of the powders is great. The powders are really soft and look extremely natural on the skin. It doesn’t look cakey at all. The powders are so easy to blend and extremely buildable. I love how you get a combination of warm and neutral shades. My skin is medium - Tan and I find most of the shades look great with my skin tone. As you can see, my favorite shade to highlight is lyric (top-middle) because it has a more yellow undertone and it looks great with my skin. I use it all the time. For contour I love using shadowplay (bottom- mid) this shade is the perfect warm color for my skin color.I also really like to use the shade sombre (bottom- left) specially for contouring my nose. I would totally recommend this palette if you’re looking for a great variety of highlight and contour shades that would not only look amazing on the skin but they also last all day (no need to re-apply) The price is completely worth it. I’ve used it for almost a year now and I have to say my makeup has never looked so good.
The swatches
1. Lucid
2. Lyric
3. Levitation
5. Subconscious
Heather F.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Other more...
I was SO happy when I found this product at tj maxx for 20 dollars. I never wanted to spend the full amount, it was just too pricey for me and I love my 3 dollar wet and wild contour palette. To my surprise I ended up falling in with the product and the brush which was also on sale! The colors worked great with my skin tone and didn’t leave me looking muddy like a lot of other contour kits do! Is it worth the price? Yes I definitely think it is. It’s awesome that they changed the packaging to refills and now you just need to buy one shade when you hit pan instead of repurchasing the palette all over again. Overall wonderful palette. Applies beautifully to the skin, no kick up, isn’t powdery, no complaints at all with this palette! product.
Mandee M.
Blackwood, NJ
Review for: Shadowplay more...
This contour palette is so great- I have very pale/ blotchy skin so i only really use the three lightest shades at the top for highlighting eyelids, under eyes, and bridge of nose. For contouring my nose, neck, and cheekbones, I really only use the lightest brown on the far left of the palette. The middle brown shade is good to mix with your blush for a warmer tone. The darkest shade on the far right is only really good for a dark eyeshadow shade or even lightly applied on the arch of my brows. I would recommend this for skin tones that are a little bit darker than just pale/fair. Very good quality; I contour at like 6 am and it stays on all day long if I'm not sweating or rubbing my face too much. Love this kit-- Kat Von D is a great brand.
Amelia H.
Cincinnati, OH
I love love love this pallet! I got it discounted at marshals and I am so happy that I did! I have fair skin so the first row of shade/light colors works best for a natural look for me. The peachy shade which is the darkest of the highlights works a a blush on my skin tone. I also like to use these colors as eye contour. They are so creamy and easy to blend. I use the highlight to set my under eye concealer and it doesn’t sit into fine lines which is great! The formula is extremely long lasting and I would highly recommend this product to anyone from beginners to beauty gurus!
Hannah M.
Salem, OR
Review for: Other more...
Such an amazing contour palette. If you had to choose one, I’d definitely recommend this one. There’s such a good range of colors. The lightest one is perfect for fair skin, but it doesn’t look ashy. The middle one is perfect the for lighter to medium skin tones, and it’s very warm. The last one is perfect for darker skin tones. The top shades are perfect for under the eyes, and the middle shade is a perfect banana powder for lighter skin tones. All of these colors are so pigmented and creamy, and they’re all super easy to blend out. I love that the palette itself is super light and easy to travel with, and includes a mirror. For me, this is definitely worth the price, and I’d recommend it to most people.
Ashley C.
Plano, TX
I'm having troubles deciding which contour kit to get. Anastasia or Kat Von D?
Piper Q.
I really want to try this out is it worth the money?
Soledad A.
I've seen so many reviews and videos about this palette I want to know if this palette is dark because I have pale skin.. So I wonder if its too dark
Stella K.
Lafayette, CO
I have been using a powder contour palette since contour became popular, but I have been considering the switch to a more liquid one. I've been torn between this palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and wanted to know which people prefer and why?
Chloe H.
I have read so many reviews and videos about this palette. I want to know your thoughts on it? Should I spend the pretty penny and buy it or should I save my money? I'm in high school so I'm going for a natural look, is this palette good for that?