BY KAT VON D #11 in Contouring Kits

We’re stoked to introduce you to the newest addition to the Shade+Light Contour Collection! Shade+Light Eye Contour Quads are the first eyeshadow palettes designed to transform your eyes through the art of color contouring.

We hit refresh on the monochromatic world of contouring to give it a rich new perspective! With artistically curated shades, this collection features four all-matte palettes, specially designed to enhance your eye shape and color. And of course, each shade is formulated in Kat’s high-pigment, silky and blendable eyeshadow formula—all perfectly encased in Shade+Light’s trademark coffin-shaped palette.

Bring out the best in your eyes with a neutral base, then add contour, define and highlight shades to create your ideal eye shape. Each quad includes an easy-to-follow how-to insert, illustrated by Kat, to learn how to lift, define, widen and narrow eyes in full color

• How similar is this to shadows in the Kat Von D ...Be the first to answer!
  • Do you guys like this palette ? How is the pigmentation? & Is...6 Answers
  • I just bought this on sale at Sephora! I can't wait to get it in ❤❤1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Tiffany T.
Tiffany T.
Review for: Quad Plum
I received the plum quad as a gift for the holidays, along with some other beauty products. When I first opened the Kat Von D shadow quad, there was a bit of the big light pink shadow all on the mirror and a small piece broke off. It wasn't anything big. I just cleaned it away. I then tested the shadows on my wrist. I found them to be pigmented but the darker plum shade was patchy and all of them had fallout. When I did my makeup I have shown here, I did my eyes first so the fallout from the shadows wouldn't ruin my foundation. To feel more complete, I personally like to add some shimmer and neutral shades, like brown and taupes. I added some shades from another palette. Over all, I like the quad and it wasn't too much of a pain to blend. Love the purple tones and they make brown eyes POP! Just a bit tricky to use and clean after using the palette.
Mallory C.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
Review for: Quad Sage
This palette comes with beautiful colors that are super pigmented (and I mean extremely pigmented. I have to go in with a very light hand or I'll have a mess of color on my eyelids) and very blendable but for some reason I don't like this palette. For the life of me I can't seem to create a look with this palette (nor have I seen anyone else be able to do a decent look with it). Maybe you could use a shade or two with other palettes but as a palette as a whole I wouldn't recommend it (especially for the price). I just don't find myself gravitating towards it because it's very easy to go over board and I can't create a decent eyeshadow look from it. I do appreciate the colors though and how she has everything laid out for you easy to use/navigate.
Natalie W.
Natalie W.
Brook Park, OH
Review for: Quad Sage
I love this little palette. The quality is just as good as the other Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes; easily blendable, and very soft/buttery. The con would be kick-up after dipping your brush in (but that is a normal KVD eyeshadow trait). I also feel like if you blend too much, the colors kind of disappear. The colors are gorgeous nonetheless. I picked this one up because I didn't have any green in my collection and it still had normal warm colors I was used to wearing. I think the price is also right for the product. The color options in all four make it so anyone could find a quad they like, which is nice. This one suits brown eyes beautifully!! Packaging is really good for travel too.
Lindsey F.
Lindsey F.
Parker, CO
Review for: Quad Sage
I really enjoy this eyeshadow quad and I love the colors. The mix of the cool and warm tones and the versatility of each shadow is amazing. However, I really wanted the green shade in this to apply to my eye the way it looks in the palette. It kind of turns a muddy brown/grey, even when I pack it on and barely blend it out. The shadows are really pigmented and soft, so they are quite dusty and can result in a little bit of fall out. I still want to try the other palettes, especially the "Rust" one. I can see myself using that a lot. Overall, I think this is a good palette, I just think green shadows are really hit or miss, and a dark green like this is hard to formulate.
Cyndi R.
Cyndi R.
Raleigh, NC
Review for: Quad Smoke
I love this quad very much. I like a nice smokey eye and you literally need look nowhere else. Everything you need is here! You can even dampen a liner brush and create a wet liner. The shadows go on smoothly and there is little to NO fallout, which is awesome because no one likes going back and correcting. These shadows photograph nicely, as well. I used it for a model shoot in the midst of this hot summer and we even had her in the water. With a little setting spray, her look stayed on all morning and afternoon. Quality packaging and product.
Abby D.
Abby D.
Glendale, AZ
Review for: Quad Plum
This Kat Von D quad in plum is absolutely amazing!!!!! The pigmentation is gorgeous and in one swipe on the skin is full pigment . Can we talk about the way the shadows feel ! They are so smooth and creamy . They almost feel like a cream when swatching it on the finger but it actually a powder ! This pallet is great for blue eyes since it has the pink and purple tones and she has 3 other beautiful quads that will work for everyone!!!! It was a great price for what the product is and the brand !!!
Tate R.
Tate R.
Jacksonville , Fl
Review for: Quad Rust
So I purchased the shade and l light pallet in rust and it was a everything I was looking for. I naturally have dark eyes so orange and brown colors go really well especially with my olive skin tone. The packaging is small and compact which I love and the colors were so pigment. I just dab my brush and easily put on. Pricing was affordable especially if you're looking for dorm thing cheap but amazing!! I got mine at Sephora and can't wait to get more!!
Isaac M.
Isaac M.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: Quad Plum
I love the colors on this. Theg are gorgeous in and out of the pan, and look great on my eyes. The colors are long lasting, and the variety is great for such a small palette. However, they are not blendable at all. I struggle to make them look good on my eyes or use them with other colors. The packaging is adorable, and I love the idea of a mirror, but it is too small to really use - and I'd rather pay for a better formula than a mirror I can't use.
Mercedes H.
Mercedes H.
Dalton, GA
Review for: Quad Sage
I love these KVD quads! I have all Sage and Rust! I use these little quads all of the time! :) Just the packaging alone is to die for! It's super cute and very, very travel friendly! Packaging is extremely sturdy and the size is great when you cannot take much with you. The quality of theses shadows is amazing! Not that I ever had a doubt with Kat Von D though. ;) I highly recommend these! Easy to build, blend, and excellent pigmentation as always!
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
Dallas, TX
Review for: Quad Rust
I have been doing my makeup the same way for years, so I thought I would try something new. I purchased "Rust" and it was my first time ever trying a Kat Von D product.
I absolutely love it! I was pleasantly surprised by how pigmented the colors are- you don't need much product on your brush for it to really show up on your eye. They colors glide on smoothly and stayed on and looking perfect for the whole day. I definitely recommend!
Oksana C.
Oksana C.
Do you guys like this palette ? How is the pigmentation? & Is it worth the price ? :)
Ashley T.
Ashley T.
MARION, IN
I love most KVD makeup and I want this but can anyone tell me how easy these are to blend? Sometimes I apply a little too much so I need some good blending haha! Thanks! (:
courtney b.
courtney b.
Boise , ID
I have been looking at this pallet but with the green and earth tones ... Is it amazing or what ? I need a new one and I'm leaning towards this
sara k.
sara k.
Phoenix, AZ
I've been dying for a pigmented forest green that doesn't blend out into a grayish green. Anyone have luck with the sage color in this palette?
Taylor M.
Taylor M.
Do these blend out well? On fair skin?