Add a Photo

By KAT VON D
#66 in Eyeshadow
An eye shadow palette designed to transform your eyes through the art of color contouring. Step up your contoured eye looks with the Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad. Featuring four specially curated palettes with matte shades, these quads spotlight Kat Von D's high pigment, silky, and blendable shadows in a covetable, coffin-shaped palette. Bring out the best in your eyes with a neutral base, and then use the contour, define, and highlight shades to create your ideal eye shape. Each quad includes an easy-to-follow how-to insert, illustrated by Kat Von D, so you can lift, define, widen, and narrow eyes with color. This set contains: - 0.09 oz Base Shade - 3 x 0.04 oz in Shade to Define, Contour, Highlight - How to insert It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates "The true inspiration behind Shade + Light comes from all these years of trying to understand the use of shadows and light within the portraits I draw." Kat Von D "I am proud to say that Kat Von D Beauty products are never tested on animals and never will be." Kat Von D To enhance your eye color, choose a quad that contrasts with your eyes: Sage: for brown eyes Plum: for green eyes Rust: for blue eyes Smoke: for all eye colors
Photos (43)
Tiffany T.
Tiffany T.
Jan. 28, 2017, 8:48 a.m.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad Plum
I received the plum quad as a gift for the holidays, along with some other beauty products. When I first opened the Kat Von D shadow quad, there was a bit of the big light pink shadow all on the mirror and a small piece broke off. It wasn't anything big. I just cleaned it away. I then tested the shadows on my wrist. I found them to be pigmented but the darker plum shade was patchy and all of them had fallout. When I did my makeup I have shown here, I did my eyes first so the fallout from the shadows wouldn't ruin my foundation. To feel more complete, I personally like to add some shimmer and neutral shades, like brown and taupes. I added some shades from another palette. Over all, I like the quad and it wasn't too much of a pain to blend. Love the purple tones and they make brown eyes POP! Just a bit tricky to use and clean after using the palette.
Abby D.
Abby D.
Glendale, AZ
This Kat Von D quad in plum is absolutely amazing!!!!! The pigmentation is gorgeous and in one swipe on the skin is full pigment . Can we talk about the way the shadows feel ! They are so smooth and creamy . They almost feel like a cream when swatching it on the finger but it actually a powder ! This pallet is great for blue eyes since it has the pink and purple tones and she has 3 other beautiful quads that will work for everyone!!!! It was a great price for what the product is and the brand !!!
Isaac M.
Isaac M.
San Francisco, CA
I love the colors on this. Theg are gorgeous in and out of the pan, and look great on my eyes. The colors are long lasting, and the variety is great for such a small palette. However, they are not blendable at all. I struggle to make them look good on my eyes or use them with other colors. The packaging is adorable, and I love the idea of a mirror, but it is too small to really use - and I'd rather pay for a better formula than a mirror I can't use.
Violet V.
Violet V.
Edinburg , TX
I purchased the plum quad and I've been in love with it! A little bit goes a long way with this product because all of the shades are very pigmented and the only drawback to it that I've seen so far is how powdery the shadows are, but they are so easily blendable that I'm willing to look past it. As long as you use a light hand when dipping your brush into the shadows you'll be fine. I will be purchasing the rust quad as well.
Lucky I.
Lucky I.
Flushing, NY
I love this quad for on the go! I always carry this with me to school or the gum because its compact. I can do a dramatic eye or a natural eye using this palette. I have brown eyes an i think these plum shades accentuate it even more. This palette has the creamy texture and pigmentation as the original Shade + Light Eye palette has. I have a review on youtube on it, if youd like to watch! Check it out at Beautybazaaaar
Ellie B.
Ellie B.
Just recently picked this up but so far I'm in love. the quad is all matte, which i prefer for everyday and as my eyes are hazel and i always try to pop out the green this palette is perfect for that. the shadows are all smooth and easily blendable, i will say that with the high pigmentation that its easy to a bit overboard if you aren't accustomed to her shadows. but over all its a great little palette for everyday use
Jewelen D.
Jewelen D.
Kat has done it again. The plum quad is one of two that I bought. I wasn't expecting the light shades to look so good on my skin tone, but they do. I love all the different shades of purple in this quad. The only complaint I have is that the quad doesn't open all the way to properly use the mirror. In spite of this, the pigmentation is off the charts and they are easy to blend.
Kylie S.
Kylie S.
Fremont, OH
So these had been hyped up for so long that I couldn't contain myself. The first day they came out I bough plum. The packaging is very nice and sturdy. That mixed with the size makes these little things perfect for travel. I will say that the price is amazing at 26$ but the shadows themselves are a bit more chalky then her other palettes. However they are very pigmented.
Christine D.
Christine D.
Raeford, NC
This is by far my favorite eye pallet! The instructions that come with it explain how to use the pallet and contour your eyes perfectly. I use this almost everyday, and it makes my blue eyes pop. I get a ton of compliments when I wear it. The shadows are so buttery and smooth you won't want to stop swatching it! I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the colors!
Morgan B.
Morgan B.
Watertown, SD
Nov. 29, 2016, 12:28 p.m.
Review for: Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad Plum
I'm such a fan of Kat Von D products. Her palettes are amazing and this is one example. I love how portable it is which makes it easy for traveling and the colors go great with my hazel eyes. Plus, the packaging is awesome! I bought one of these for my mom because after I bought it she said she had to get one herself. I can't wait to give it to her this X-Mas.
Oksana C.
Oksana C.
Do you guys like this palette ? How is the pigmentation? & Is it worth the price ? :)
Ashley T.
Ashley T.
Marion, IN
I love most KVD makeup and I want this but can anyone tell me how easy these are to blend? Sometimes I apply a little too much so I need some good blending haha! Thanks! (:
courtney b.
courtney b.
Boise, ID
I have been looking at this pallet but with the green and earth tones ... Is it amazing or what ? I need a new one and I'm leaning towards this
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Wayne, PA
Are these more matte or have some shimmer?
Valerie D.
Valerie D.
Are these as good as the eye shadow palette? And are they worth it??