Add a Photo

By KAT VON D
#117 in Eyeshadow
An eye shadow palette designed to transform your eyes through the art of color contouring. Step up your contoured eye looks with the Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad. Featuring four specially curated palettes with matte shades, these quads spotlight Kat Von D's high pigment, silky, and blendable shadows in a covetable, coffin-shaped palette. Bring out the best in your eyes with a neutral base, and then use the contour, define, and highlight shades to create your ideal eye shape. Each quad includes an easy-to-follow how-to insert, illustrated by Kat Von D, so you can lift, define, widen, and narrow eyes with color. This set contains: - 0.09 oz Base Shade - 3 x 0.04 oz in Shade to Define, Contour, Highlight - How to insert It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates "The true inspiration behind Shade + Light comes from all these years of trying to understand the use of shadows and light within the portraits I draw." Kat Von D "I am proud to say that Kat Von D Beauty products are never tested on animals and never will be." Kat Von D To enhance your eye color, choose a quad that contrasts with your eyes: Sage: for brown eyes Plum: for green eyes Rust: for blue eyes Smoke: for all eye colors
Photos (33)
Tiffany T.
Tiffany T.

I received the plum quad as a gift for the holidays, along with some other beauty products. When I first opened the Kat Von D shadow quad, there was a bit of the big light pink shadow all on the mirror and a small piece broke off. It wasn't anything big. I just cleaned it away. I then tested the shadows on my wrist. I found them to be pigmented but the darker plum shade was patchy and all of them had fallout. When I did my makeup I have shown here, I did my eyes first so the fallout from the shadows wouldn't ruin my foundation. To feel more complete, I personally like to add some shimmer and neutral shades, like brown and taupes. I added some shades from another palette. Over all, I like the quad and it wasn't too much of a pain to blend. Love the purple tones and they make brown eyes POP! Just a bit tricky to use and clean after using the palette.
Christina K.
Christina K.

I was a little bummed that my boyfriend had bout me the plum over the. Rust version I had wanted. Can but I am blown away by the color pigmentation and how easy it is to blend. I've always been a die hard KVD everlasting liquid lip user since 2010 but am only now getting into the shadow line. And really feel like Ive been missing out. The highlight is a cool lavander tone that sheers out really nice. The contour is kind of a smoked mauve that blends so silky. And the define is a romantic true dark plum that can be a little patchy if not blended well. All in all! I'd give it 8/10
Melissa C.
Melissa C.
Underwood

Amazing eye shadow quad
Pic is of my first ever try of doing eye shadow
Easy to use and can create so many different looks
I use and play around with it quite a bit
The price I thought was reasonable
Not tested on animals which for me is a huge thing for my beauty products
Would definitely buy the other quads in the range to
Is powdery when you use it but stays and doesn't move when apply at all
Would highly recommend this eye shadow for a beginner, just starting out with make up
Great packaging! Luv the case!šŸ˜
Abby D.
Abby D.
Glendale, AZ

This Kat Von D quad in plum is absolutely amazing!!!!! The pigmentation is gorgeous and in one swipe on the skin is full pigment . Can we talk about the way the shadows feel ! They are so smooth and creamy . They almost feel like a cream when swatching it on the finger but it actually a powder ! This pallet is great for blue eyes since it has the pink and purple tones and she has 3 other beautiful quads that will work for everyone!!!! It was a great price for what the product is and the brand !!!
Lorelei M.
Lorelei M.
Easthampton, MA

I own three of these Quads. They are finely milled Mattes that blend beautifully. This plum quad works beautifully for Bridal makeup. My sister and I just did the makeup for a winter wedding. The Bride wore an iridescent white pigment on her lid and this quad in crease, to blend out her crease, and as a brow highlight. I love these quads and they are definitely worth the $25ish price they carry. I want the 4th, even though it's black and grays, just for the formula.
Sophie A.
Sophie A.

I adore this little quad. The lightest at the far right is a satin finish rather than matte. It makes an excellent hilight.

The texture is very silky and pigmented. ..what KVD is known for! It's easy to blend too. A little goes a long way in terms of colour payoff.

This palette does flatter many skin tones. It's not a cool toned palette but really looks pretty on those with brown eyes.

You can create a variety of looks from something subtle to an intese smokey eye.
Isaac M.
Isaac M.
San Francisco, CA

I love the colors on this. Theg are gorgeous in and out of the pan, and look great on my eyes. The colors are long lasting, and the variety is great for such a small palette. However, they are not blendable at all. I struggle to make them look good on my eyes or use them with other colors. The packaging is adorable, and I love the idea of a mirror, but it is too small to really use - and I'd rather pay for a better formula than a mirror I can't use.
Paloma R.
Paloma R.
Spain

His appearance is so pretty, all the details of the package are amazing and give a captivating appearance to the product. The shade are slightly dusty, but they do on the eyelid magnificent and one works with them very well. The colors are perfect to do the smoked very nice pink one and for the daily use. Only he is in sephora shops, and his price is 28 dollars, a high enough price to be alone 4 shades, but the quality is worth it.
Violet V.
Violet V.
Edinburg, TX

I purchased the plum quad and I've been in love with it! A little bit goes a long way with this product because all of the shades are very pigmented and the only drawback to it that I've seen so far is how powdery the shadows are, but they are so easily blendable that I'm willing to look past it. As long as you use a light hand when dipping your brush into the shadows you'll be fine. I will be purchasing the rust quad as well.
Lucky I.
Lucky I.
Flushing, NY

I love this quad for on the go! I always carry this with me to school or the gum because its compact. I can do a dramatic eye or a natural eye using this palette. I have brown eyes an i think these plum shades accentuate it even more. This palette has the creamy texture and pigmentation as the original Shade + Light Eye palette has. I have a review on youtube on it, if youd like to watch! Check it out at Beautybazaaaar
courtney b.
courtney b.
Boise, ID

I have been looking at this pallet but with the green and earth tones ... Is it amazing or what ? I need a new one and I'm leaning towards this
Oksana C.
Oksana C.

Do you guys like this palette ? How is the pigmentation? & Is it worth the price ? :)
Ashley T.
Ashley T.
Marion, IN

I love most KVD makeup and I want this but can anyone tell me how easy these are to blend? Sometimes I apply a little too much so I need some good blending haha! Thanks! (:
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Wayne, PA

Are these more matte or have some shimmer?
Valerie D.
Valerie D.

Are these as good as the eye shadow palette? And are they worth it??

Join Now