Add a Photo

By KAT VON D
#78 in Eyeshadow
An eye shadow palette designed to transform your eyes through the art of color contouring. Step up your contoured eye looks with the Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad. Featuring four specially curated palettes with matte shades, these quads spotlight Kat Von D's high pigment, silky, and blendable shadows in a covetable, coffin-shaped palette. Bring out the best in your eyes with a neutral base, and then use the contour, define, and highlight shades to create your ideal eye shape. Each quad includes an easy-to-follow how-to insert, illustrated by Kat Von D, so you can lift, define, widen, and narrow eyes with color. This set contains: - 0.09 oz Base Shade - 3 x 0.04 oz in Shade to Define, Contour, Highlight - How to insert It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates "The true inspiration behind Shade + Light comes from all these years of trying to understand the use of shadows and light within the portraits I draw." Kat Von D "I am proud to say that Kat Von D Beauty products are never tested on animals and never will be." Kat Von D To enhance your eye color, choose a quad that contrasts with your eyes: Sage: for brown eyes Plum: for green eyes Rust: for blue eyes Smoke: for all eye colors
Photos (42)
Michaela D.
Michaela D.
Abingdon, VA

I just picked this up yesterday and so far am actually very surprised with the chalkiness of two of the shades. I have come to expect fantastic quality and consistency from KVD shadows, and these just aren't the same. I originally wanted the Smoke version, but the people at Sephora said that they didn't think those would even be available in store anymore, so I went with the Plum and figured it would be just as good. I am so sad that I can only use half of these shades! The base shade is just dust city, even if I barely touch my brush to the pan as lightly as I possibly can, immediately I have tons of kickback flying everywhere and when I try to apply it to my lid it just falls all over my face. The highlight shade is the exact same way. I have literally only tried to use this quad twice now, and look at the photo, there is base shade EVERYWHERE, all over all the other shades, all in the compact, like it just exploded. I was so gentle and light handed when going in with my brush, and this is what resulted. The define shade isn't as chalky, but the color payoff and smoothness of application is poor, very patchy. The only shade that is anything like the KVD shadows I know and love is the contour shade, and while it is a nice one, it's way too dark to be used more than very sparingly and strategically. I am crushed, I wanted to love this quad so much. I hate to say it, but I will be returning this one.
Tiffany T.
Tiffany T.

I received the plum quad as a gift for the holidays, along with some other beauty products. When I first opened the Kat Von D shadow quad, there was a bit of the big light pink shadow all on the mirror and a small piece broke off. It wasn't anything big. I just cleaned it away. I then tested the shadows on my wrist. I found them to be pigmented but the darker plum shade was patchy and all of them had fallout. When I did my makeup I have shown here, I did my eyes first so the fallout from the shadows wouldn't ruin my foundation. To feel more complete, I personally like to add some shimmer and neutral shades, like brown and taupes. I added some shades from another palette. Over all, I like the quad and it wasn't too much of a pain to blend. Love the purple tones and they make brown eyes POP! Just a bit tricky to use and clean after using the palette.
Princess B.
Princess B.
Brooklyn, NY

I LOVE these! I love Kat Von D as a brand first and foremost. These are small, great for travel and has the same excellent quality as the larger palettes. I have 3 of the quads and get lots of use out of them. I find that they are so pigmented you have to be careful at times but I think I'd rather have that issue than dull shadows that you have to dig into. I will admit when I got mine they were $26 and to me that was a bit pricey for the size but I figure it's a small splurge and they are worth it, so... and they seem to have gone down in price now. Definitely recommended.
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
Spring Hill, FL

It's very pigmented, but it's also very powdery. I prefer creamy eyeshadows over powdery ones because when you tap your brush, there's literally a cloud of product that comes off. Other than that, the purple on the plum quad, doesn't actually show up purple; it shows up brown and I was kinda disappointed by that. It still works and you could definitely make a lot of looks with this palette. It's cheaper than most palettes but don't let that fool you because there's less than most palettes, so that's around $5.50 per color. You might as well buy singles if it's at that price.
Abby D.
Abby D.
Glendale, AZ

This Kat Von D quad in plum is absolutely amazing!!!!! The pigmentation is gorgeous and in one swipe on the skin is full pigment . Can we talk about the way the shadows feel ! They are so smooth and creamy . They almost feel like a cream when swatching it on the finger but it actually a powder ! This pallet is great for blue eyes since it has the pink and purple tones and she has 3 other beautiful quads that will work for everyone!!!! It was a great price for what the product is and the brand !!!
Isaac M.
Isaac M.
San Francisco, CA

I love the colors on this. Theg are gorgeous in and out of the pan, and look great on my eyes. The colors are long lasting, and the variety is great for such a small palette. However, they are not blendable at all. I struggle to make them look good on my eyes or use them with other colors. The packaging is adorable, and I love the idea of a mirror, but it is too small to really use - and I'd rather pay for a better formula than a mirror I can't use.
Violet V.
Violet V.
Edinburg, TX

I purchased the plum quad and I've been in love with it! A little bit goes a long way with this product because all of the shades are very pigmented and the only drawback to it that I've seen so far is how powdery the shadows are, but they are so easily blendable that I'm willing to look past it. As long as you use a light hand when dipping your brush into the shadows you'll be fine. I will be purchasing the rust quad as well.
Lucky I.
Lucky I.
Flushing, NY

I love this quad for on the go! I always carry this with me to school or the gum because its compact. I can do a dramatic eye or a natural eye using this palette. I have brown eyes an i think these plum shades accentuate it even more. This palette has the creamy texture and pigmentation as the original Shade + Light Eye palette has. I have a review on youtube on it, if youd like to watch! Check it out at Beautybazaaaar
Ellie B.
Ellie B.

Just recently picked this up but so far I'm in love. the quad is all matte, which i prefer for everyday and as my eyes are hazel and i always try to pop out the green this palette is perfect for that. the shadows are all smooth and easily blendable, i will say that with the high pigmentation that its easy to a bit overboard if you aren't accustomed to her shadows. but over all its a great little palette for everyday use
Jewelen D.
Jewelen D.

Kat has done it again. The plum quad is one of two that I bought. I wasn't expecting the light shades to look so good on my skin tone, but they do. I love all the different shades of purple in this quad. The only complaint I have is that the quad doesn't open all the way to properly use the mirror. In spite of this, the pigmentation is off the charts and they are easy to blend.
Oksana C.
Oksana C.

Do you guys like this palette ? How is the pigmentation? & Is it worth the price ? :)
courtney b.
courtney b.
Boise, ID

I have been looking at this pallet but with the green and earth tones ... Is it amazing or what ? I need a new one and I'm leaning towards this
Ashley T.
Ashley T.
Marion, IN

I love most KVD makeup and I want this but can anyone tell me how easy these are to blend? Sometimes I apply a little too much so I need some good blending haha! Thanks! (:
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Wayne, PA

Are these more matte or have some shimmer?
Valerie D.
Valerie D.

Are these as good as the eye shadow palette? And are they worth it??

Join Now