BY KAT VON D #34 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Now in a new and improved hard-shell case, our Shade +Light Eye Contour Palette is more rad than ever!

Arranged with the perfect blend of neutral, warm and cool tones, it contains base, contour, highlight and define shades…just one look and you know this sh*t is insane!

Each matte powder is finely milled and highly pigmented for true payoff and awesome blendability! We dare you to find a shade that you don’t absolutely adore ; )

Follow Kat’s tutorials on the illustrated insert included with the palette to learn how to lift, define and balance your eyes. Then check out the rest of our site for other ways to inspire you to use this dreamy palette! The Shade+Light Eye Palette’s versatility has us feeling super creative all the time.

We’re all over Instagram liking Shade+Light looks that strike us to our core. We wanna see yours next! Post with #kvdlook.

Buy on Sephora
  • "This palette is amazing. Must have! Every shadow is so soft and very pigmented. I love it I use it almost every day I got it when it came out I have not stopped using it. Loooooove it! " in 1554 reviews
  • "I got this palette back in March, and I haven't put it down since! It's the perfect neutral palette to go along with any collection. Since it has cool, neutral, and warm tones, it will literally go with anything. I use it every single day. If there's one product you're gonna splurge on, let it be this one! " in 927 reviews
  • "I have this palette and the colors are very neutral and matte, perfect for all skin tones, the colors blends so nice, it comes with a guide that teach you how to make any eye makeup like smokey eye, is long lasting all day and all night, perfect for any occasion, i really, really love it" in 158 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Following the runaway success of the Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Palette, Kat Von D Beauty released their Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette. The palette is divided into three color quads - neutral, cool and warm - to flatter any skin tone. The layout allows anyone from beginners to pros to easily create cohesive eye looks. This is a completely matte palette.

As the name suggests, this palette was specifically designed for eye contouring. The contouring shades included in the palette are very versatile. I really appreciate that Kat Von D included a helpful tutorial guide with illustrations. These eyeshadows are finely milled, highly pigmented and blendable. They perform consistently well.

I bought this palette when it was first released, so mine has the original cardboard packaging. I believe that the brand has since changed the packaging to plastic. There is a nice sized mirror inside. The shade names are printed on the back of the palette.

The dual-ended Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Brush is sold separately for $27. I never purchased it because I prefer to use other brushes. I don’t consider the Eye Contour Brush to be a necessity if you already own a set of basic eyeshadow brushes.

I think that this is a really fantastic neutrals palette to have in your collection. These are basic shades that you can use everyday. However, they’re not particularly unique shades, so if you own other neutrals palettes then you may be able to skip this one.

Finally, the palette is an excellent value at only $48 for twelve eyeshadows. When you do the math, you’re only paying $4 per shadow which is a total steal. The Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette is available exclusively at Sephora. It’s a permanent part of the Kat Von D Beauty product line.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
If I could give this 10 stars I would. This pallette is everything! My husband got it for me, we ordered it from Kat von d website on black Friday. It said 3 day shipping but it took closer to a week and a half. But totally worth the wait. The colors blend so effortlessly, it honestly took two seconds for it to blend out beautifully. The colors are so pigmented. The pan has some kick up, but I tapped it and didn't notice any fallout on my face. I was looking for a matte pallette for just as an everyday go to and this is it! Honestly Manny mua inspired me to get it. I'm so glad I did. It's easy to use as a base and if you want glitter just dress up with another shadow. But as I'm maturing I'm honestly perfering matte. I own alot of MAC shadows, a too faced pallette, nyx, abh, boxum.. the list goes on and I hate to say it but this is my favorite eyeshadow.. (I'm a die hard MAC user) it came packaged well with bubble wrap and didn't get damaged. I just can't say enough about this beautiful pallette. If your considering getting it go for it, it's $50. So it was a bit to shell out but I know this will be the first pallette I use all of the colors out of so it's so worth it to me. The pans seem to be very large so I have a feeling it'll last a while. I'm going to be venturing into KVD now!! #GiftCrush #contest @Influenster #katvondbeauty #contour #matte
Carla P.
Lakeland, FL
Beautiful colors and easy to make simple, neutral looks, or intense, smoky looks. I love that there’s a light neutral brown color set, black and grey, and warm brown. There’s an option for every look you want to make but also between the 3 shade families, they all work together and there’s no need to stick to just one group of shades. They are very creamy powders, but as the palette ages, they do become more powdery and prone to fallout. They remain easy to blend and hold their pigment very well. I have never used them without primer, but with it they last through a full, 12-hour, sweaty Nursing shift at the hospital. I only give it 4 stars because of the fallout factor and if you don’t use a soft enough brush, it’s easy to waste a lot of product because the pans make dust when you rub into them.
Gillian V.
Ashburn
I finally broke down and bought this. I absolutely love it. With my skin tone, I tend to hear towards warmer shades but I love all these shades. They are buttery and blend like a dream. They are very soft and I like that in my eyeshadows but I know some people don't care for it. I like the formula of these eyeshadows better compared to the UD Naked Basics palettes.
Chelsea S.
Rohnert Park
This is a great eyeshadow palette! The pigmentation of the shades blow any other shadow out of the water! You have to use a light hand when applying, but the colors blend and lay beautifully! This would be an awesome palette for creating more dramatic looks, but that isn’t really my style all the time. I have created soft subtle eye looks with this too and it works well! The all matte shades have a warm undertone and the shades Laetus and Samael are just gorgeous on my eyes! Overall it’s a great palette and I would recommend this to anyone!
Jennifer S.
Ohio
I use this palette more than any of my eyeshadow palettes (and I have A LOT!). At first glance, it looks so boring and plain, which is why I put off getting this for so long. But the shades really do work well together to create beautiful but simple looks. You can do a very natural look or something more smokey and dramatic. The shadows are buildable, pigmented, and blend beautifully. They last all day. I’ve even hit pan on two of the colors which doesn’t happen often because this is my go-to shadow palette when I am in a rush or not feeling “inspired” but need to still glam up.
Jocelyn M.
Okeechobee, FL
I fell in love with this palette the first time I used it. Since then I have used it almost every day and have found ways to use it for any occasion. Firstly, the packaging is beautiful and even comes with suggested steps to create looks, which is particularly helpful for those who are less experienced with makeup. The best part of the packaging has to be the enormous mirror. The palette does not come with a brush, which will only be an issue for some consumers. The shadows themselves are pretty much all I could ask for in a neutral palette. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, and easy to blend. They're super soft, although a bit powdery.
Katy R.
Spring, TX
I am surprised this isn't rated higher. This is a perfect standard neutral matte palette. Shades lean on the warm neutral side. They are every so slightly powdery but blend smooth and effortlessly. If you have Naked Ultimate Basics, Tarte Tartelette Matte, Lorac Pro Mattes - you definately do not *need* this unless you enjoy mixing up what products you use. I wear almost exclusively warm neutral looks and am a HUGE fan of KVD's eyeshadow formula so I love this and would repurchase. Although, I wish KVD would sell refill pans like the matching face contour palette!
Allison R.
I have been a Kat fan since she was on L.A. ink, but let me tell you, this girl knows makeup! Not not is this palette beautifully packaged, but this formula is out of this world!! I have blue eyes and live for neutral palettes and this one is a go-to for any occasion. I could complain and say I wish there were a few shimmers mixed in with the all mattes, but I have other palettes I can use to as a pop if shimmer into a look. All in all I would highly recommend!
Adara J.
Nacogdoches
Easily some of the best matte shadows I've ever used. Easy to blend, true to color. The way it is designed in little quads makes it super user friendly and you can definitely use it by itself or with other palettes that need more mattes. For use with shimmers I like to take the transition and crease colors in the normal spots then take the "lid" shade on the browbone and the "liner" shade in the outer V and put the shimmer all over my lid.
Jackylinn Marie G.
Baytown, TX
I've been wanting to purchase this but I haven't gotten any feedback back. Let me know is they are good? If they are chalky, cremey, well pigment???
Taylor D.
Big stone gap, Va
I've been dying to buy this plate for awhile. Does it blend well ? And also does it last all day? I have quite a few plates already and don't won't to waste my money on it if it's not worth it
Naomi M.
South Houston, TX
I want this pallet so bad! It looks really good but is it like any other pallet? Is it worth the money?
Connie P.
Liberty, KY
How good is this makeup. I love shades of Brown but I want to make sure it's good quality before I buy it?
Taylor B.
Is there much kick up and fallout from this product?