BY KAT VON D

Now in a new and improved hard-shell case, our Shade +Light Eye Contour Palette is more rad than ever!

Arranged with the perfect blend of neutral, warm and cool tones, it contains base, contour, highlight and define shades…just one look and you know this sh*t is insane!

Each matte powder is finely milled and highly pigmented for true payoff and awesome blendability! We dare you to find a shade that you don’t absolutely adore ; )

Follow Kat’s tutorials on the illustrated insert included with the palette to learn how to lift, define and balance your eyes. Then check out the rest of our site for other ways to inspire you to use this dreamy palette! The Shade+Light Eye Palette’s versatility has us feeling super creative all the time.

We’re all over Instagram liking Shade+Light looks that strike us to our core. We wanna see yours next! Post with #kvdlook.

• Do I need a primer with this pallet? Do I need a brush or...1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to purchase this but I haven't gotten a...20 Answers
  • Do you have this palette too?2 Answers
Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
  • "This palette is amazing. Must have! Every shadow is so soft and very pigmented. I love it I use it almost every day I got it when it came out I have not stopped using it. Loooooove it! " in 1554 reviews
  • "I got this palette back in March, and I haven't put it down since! It's the perfect neutral palette to go along with any collection. Since it has cool, neutral, and warm tones, it will literally go with anything. I use it every single day. If there's one product you're gonna splurge on, let it be this one! " in 927 reviews
  • "I have this palette and the colors are very neutral and matte, perfect for all skin tones, the colors blends so nice, it comes with a guide that teach you how to make any eye makeup like smokey eye, is long lasting all day and all night, perfect for any occasion, i really, really love it" in 158 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Following the runaway success of the Kat Von D Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette, Kat Von D Beauty released their Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette. The palette is divided into three color quads - neutral, cool and warm - to flatter any skin tone. The layout allows anyone from beginners to pros to easily create cohesive eye looks. This is a completely matte palette.

As the name suggests, this palette was specifically designed for eye contouring. The contouring shades included in the palette are very versatile. I really appreciate that Kat Von D included a helpful tutorial guide with illustrations. These eyeshadows are finely milled, highly pigmented and blendable. They perform consistently well.

I bought this palette when it was first released, so mine has the original cardboard packaging. I believe that the brand has since changed the packaging to plastic. There is a nice sized mirror inside. The shade names are printed on the back of the palette.

The dual-ended Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Brush is sold separately for $27. I never purchased it because I prefer to use other brushes. I don’t consider the Eye Contour Brush to be a necessity if you already own a set of basic eyeshadow brushes.

I think that this is a really fantastic neutrals palette to have in your collection. These are basic shades that you can use everyday. However, they’re not particularly unique shades, so if you own other neutrals palettes then you may be able to skip this one.

Finally, the palette is an excellent value at only $48 for twelve eyeshadows. When you do the math, you’re only paying $4 per shadow which is a total steal. The Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette is available exclusively at Sephora. It’s a permanent part of the Kat Von D Beauty product line.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
If I could give this 10 stars I would. This pallette is everything! My husband got it for me, we ordered it from Kat von d website on black Friday. It said 3 day shipping but it took closer to a week and a half. But totally worth the wait. The colors blend so effortlessly, it honestly took two seconds for it to blend out beautifully. The colors are so pigmented. The pan has some kick up, but I tapped it and didn't notice any fallout on my face. I was looking for a matte pallette for just as an everyday go to and this is it! Honestly Manny mua inspired me to get it. I'm so glad I did. It's easy to use as a base and if you want glitter just dress up with another shadow. But as I'm maturing I'm honestly perfering matte. I own alot of MAC shadows, a too faced pallette, nyx, abh, boxum.. the list goes on and I hate to say it but this is my favorite eyeshadow.. (I'm a die hard MAC user) it came packaged well with bubble wrap and didn't get damaged. I just can't say enough about this beautiful pallette. If your considering getting it go for it, it's $50. So it was a bit to shell out but I know this will be the first pallette I use all of the colors out of so it's so worth it to me. The pans seem to be very large so I have a feeling it'll last a while. I'm going to be venturing into KVD now!! #GiftCrush #contest @Influenster #katvondbeauty #contour #matte
Jennifer S.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
I use this palette more than any of my eyeshadow palettes (and I have A LOT!). At first glance, it looks so boring and plain, which is why I put off getting this for so long. But the shades really do work well together to create beautiful but simple looks. You can do a very natural look or something more smokey and dramatic. The shadows are buildable, pigmented, and blend beautifully. They last all day. I’ve even hit pan on two of the colors which doesn’t happen often because this is my go-to shadow palette when I am in a rush or not feeling “inspired” but need to still glam up.
Jocelyn M.
Okeechobee, FL
I fell in love with this palette the first time I used it. Since then I have used it almost every day and have found ways to use it for any occasion. Firstly, the packaging is beautiful and even comes with suggested steps to create looks, which is particularly helpful for those who are less experienced with makeup. The best part of the packaging has to be the enormous mirror. The palette does not come with a brush, which will only be an issue for some consumers. The shadows themselves are pretty much all I could ask for in a neutral palette. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, and easy to blend. They're super soft, although a bit powdery.
Payden C.
MY HOLY GRAIL EYESHADOW PALETTE!! The formula is super pigmented and blendable. They don't crease, which is rare for me since I have oily eyelids. I'm the type of person who likes to change it up, especially eyeshadow, but I always come back to this. It has a mixture of warm and cool tones, and also works very well as a contour or brow powder. There is not one time when I do my makeup and I don't use this. This is also good for anyone with any color skin because of the diverse selection from white to black, and every neutral in between.
arden ❖.
United States
I use this palette on my usual everyday makeup routine. This palette is perfect for those who love a good neutral look, and if you haven't tried Kat's shadows this is a great opportunity to. They're so soft and buttery and blend so well. There's usually no fall out if you don't go ham on the shadows, however there is usually a little kickup in the pans whenever you dip in, which is totally fine. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good neutral shadow palette.
Senajda D.
Grimes, IA
Best neutral palette. All the colors are matte in the palette but thats always nice to have too in a collection. You can create so many different looks. They say the top shade goes with the 3 bottom shades under them but honestly I just use whatever there are no rules in the make up world. These are super pigmented just like the contour palette so go lightly handed. I love how it goes with the theme of the contour palette but for the eyes.
Andi W.
Wichita
This eyeshadow palette should be standard issue for everyone getting into makeup. It is the absolute best Basics palette I have ever tried. I could use this every single day and never be disappointed. The color pigment is perfect they blend effortlessly. And the colors themselves will work on a variety of skin tones. I have used this pallet on a variety of my friends all have different skin tones Textures hair types eye colors and it has worked on every single person I've ever used it on it is my go-to ride or die palette. Really if you want the very best and eyeshadows, all you need is this palette and the modern romance palette and you're good to go. You would have the best quality eyeshadow palettes out there. I could sing this palettes Praises all day but seeing is believing go out there swatch it, find it, use it buy it, you will not be disappointed.
Autumn Dawn M.
Nashville
I love this pallet for so many reasons. It is the perfect neutral pallet and comes with eye tips/guide. I use some of the shades for contouring as well. They shades blend very well and smoothly. The packaging is killer. Kat Von D killed it with this pallet.
My daughter destroyed it a month ago. I nearly died.
Chelsea S.
Rohnert Park
This is a great eyeshadow palette! The pigmentation of the shades blow any other shadow out of the water! You have to use a light hand when applying, but the colors blend and lay beautifully! This would be an awesome palette for creating more dramatic looks, but that isn’t really my style all the time. I have created soft subtle eye looks with this too and it works well! The all matte shades have a warm undertone and the shades Laetus and Samael are just gorgeous on my eyes! Overall it’s a great palette and I would recommend this to anyone!
Jackylinn Marie G.
Baytown , TX
I've been wanting to purchase this but I haven't gotten any feedback back. Let me know is they are good? If they are chalky, cremey, well pigment???
Taylor D.
Big stone gap, Va
I've been dying to buy this plate for awhile. Does it blend well ? And also does it last all day? I have quite a few plates already and don't won't to waste my money on it if it's not worth it
Naomi M.
South Houston, TX
I want this pallet so bad! It looks really good but is it like any other pallet? Is it worth the money?
Connie P.
Liberty, KY
How good is this makeup. I love shades of Brown but I want to make sure it's good quality before I buy it?
Taylor B.
Is there much kick up and fallout from this product?

Sephora