BY KAT VON D #20 in Contouring

A refillable crème contour palette with three shades for contouring and three shades for highlighting in a 24-hour wear formula.

Experience the first-ever, 24-hour, high-pigment crème contour palette. Forget everything you once knew about crème contouring – these velvety, non-greasy, and insanely blendable contour and highlight shades melt effortlessly into skin for bulletproof wear that is perfect for dry and oily skin types.

The Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette is loaded with a unique selection of shades and undertones that capture the true contour and highlight tones in every complexion. The three contour shades create realistic shadows to recede facial features, while the three highlight shades impart a soft luminosity to amplify dimension, so you can effortlessly sculpt, chisel, shape, and slenderize your features for enhanced definition.

As an expert artist, Kat Von D uses shadow and light to create depth and dimension in her sketches and portraits. She applied the same principles of contrast and gradients to create her bestselling Shade + Light Contour Palette and now, the newly reimagined, Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette.

#VeganAlert

• Cream or powder? Kat Von D Shade + Light Crème Contour Pa...2 Answers
  • What is your favorite cream contour? Who makes the darkes...2 Answers
  • Is this 14$2 Answers
Kat Von D Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette
  • "cream version of last year's powder shade + light palette, the new crème contour palette contains six wearable contour and highlighting shades that blend together for a subtle or dramatic contour that can last up to 24 hours. the three shading and three highlighting creams complement all skin tones (so one palette suites all your needs). and thanks to the non-greasy cream formula, those with dry skin (and heck, even those with oily skin) can reap the benefits of an easy-to-blend contour." in 38 reviews
  • "i have very fair skin and this seemed to over power my face! for someone with a darker completion this would be amazing. it blended well and was overall great. it was pricey but i'd say it was worth it." in 10 reviews
Rebecca M.
Wichita
What a holy grail compact powder for so many makeup artists and enthusiasts worldwide. A wonderful cruelty free and vegan option that paved the way for many lines to change their impact on our environment. The packaging is a beautifully designed dense carton that shuts flush, reducing the risk of it swinging open and which blends seamlessly with the entire Kat Von D Beauty brand. The design, in my opinion was inspired by a mix of the late 1800s Victorian Era and the freedom of modern artistry within the tattoo industry of which Kat Von D originates and conquers.

The formula is buttery soft, and is so milled it is almost creamy for a powder. Which is perfect for anyone with pore ailments or dry skin issues that might catch, gather, and crack with another product. This palette is excellent for beginners that may have a heavy hand whilst dipping their toes into the world of contouring, simply because of the ease of blending them out. They are perfectly matte, but not in a chalky sense, but a more natural finish; this is perfect because the areas of which you would use this palette do not reflect light (nor would you want them to.) I find that almost every brush leaves a beautiful results with the Shade N Light, but I would recommend a dense flat op kabuki brush for beginners to have a seamless blend on any skin texture.

While the fairest brighting powder in the kit is still too dark for my particularly fair skin, it Is perfect for lightly setting the underage area on my clients before any concealing creases. It covers most skin tones, but not all.

It is a space saver in my kit. The replaceable colors makes my job as a working artist easy, for not I do not have to put the kit away when I hit pan in any tone. This makes work a lot more sanitary as well.

I fully believe this product, revisited with the hearts of the consumers in mind deserves to be well awarded in 2017.
Jenny M.
These cream contours are very easy to blend but a little difficult to pick up on the brush. If you only have a regular fluffy contour brush you really need to put some pressure into it and drag the brush on it to pick up product. I suggest holding the brush by the bristles to tighten them and apply a bit of pressure. I’m a light to medium skin tone with neutral and yellow undertones. A mix of chestnut and woodland would suit my skin color. This is also wearable as a bronzer to give your skin a tanned look. Just using a fluffy contour brush and minimal product, lightly applying it on the cheeks will work nicely. I use the banana shade to highlight my brow bone. I have yet to find a use for bisque and parchment but I’m considering bisque for a peachy cheek.
Jennifer W.
This product was very disappointing. I heard a lot of hype about this product a lot of great reviews once I finally did get my hands on their product I was very disappointed. The packaging is nice and I catching love that it has that magnetic closure but it does get filthy very quickly. The shades within the palate are beautiful but the pigmentation is not as nice as it should be especially for the price point and they do not Blend or sit well on the skin would not repurchase.
Gail S.
New Iberia, LA
Animal cruelty free is awesome about all her products and makeup line! The powders blend beautifully and there are 6 different shades ranging from light, medium. To dark. They are soft powders and easier for me to apply then cream. They last all day, plus for long wear and I've always gotten the job done easily and flawlessly using this contour pallette with multiple foundations.
Jada T.
I have bought and tried this one but I don’t like it as much as the Anastasia one. This is long lasting but I find it takes a little longer to blend out which I’m not a fan of it because I want it to like nice but I also don’t want to take forever doing it.
Rachael G.
Midland, VA
I went big with this Bad Queen. My FIRST contouring kit. Oh yeahhh ladies  (fyi if you spend 50.00 at Sephora, tell them you want your free make over. That way any first timers can learn how to apply & contour like a pro. You nearly qualify when you buy this product.)
What can I say, it blends well. The pigments are rich. The instructions are easy to understand & detailed with little drawing. The case alone makes me feel like a bad b. It's Kat so you know the products are vegan. GO spend that paper on yourself booboo!!! It's worth it.
*Note I am still learning contouring. Pray for me. Some times I feel like I make myself look like  belong in The Great Depression.  ;)
Valerie R.
Prunedale , CA
I own the Kat Von D powder contour set and I knew when she came out with a cream version I had to have it! I love that they are refillable so it makes it easy to switch them out when I run out of a shade. The formula is so creamy and smooth, once you apply to to the face it blends like a dream. The only problem I think with contour palettes is that you really only use 2-3 shades out of 6. Also I have medium skin tone but for people who may be darker than me it might be different for the contour to show up.
Tina H.
I don't know why it took me so many years to finally decide to buy this contour palette, besides knowing how many people have loved it over the years. The only down side is I can't use the 2 other light shades other than the fairest one due to my fair complexion. The contour shades can be played around with depending on how much shading I want that day. They are not too red but the perfect ash brown shades. You can even use this palette as a crease shade for the eyes or eyebrows.
Maria G.
Boise, ID
I loved this palette and was the only one I used. I started using other palettes and cake back to it and fell back in love with it. So creamy, blends out smoothly. Pigmented. I use it to set my makeup and contour.
Devin V.
Portland
LOVE this palette. Just like everything from Kat Von D, the quality is unparalleled. The shades are very similar to those in her powder contour palette, and super blendable. Great coverage and a bit more dramatic look with the creme. Love using this palette for photoshoots.
Makinzey D.
mustang
Is this 14$
Kiana M.
Casselberry , FL
What is your favorite cream contour? Who makes the darkest cream contour pallet? Currently using Kat Von D Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette and Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit. (Deep) , tarte Clay Stick Foundation (deep honey)

back