Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Does this stay on long enough or does it fade away thru o...9 Answers
Reviews (19871)
Media (1908)
Alex H.
Review for: Light 43 Warm more...
This product is absolutely terrible for dry skin. I was really looking forward to this foundation because I adore the Kat Von D brand, but it was very hard to blend out on my skin, and looked extremely cake-y.
Mar S.
St, NL
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
i received this product in my vox box but received a colour that was too dark for me to use, due to this i can't properly review the product. i am disappointed because i was very excited to try this.
Tara H.
Ashcamp, KY
Review for: Light 41 Neutral more...
Well let's start by saying I was combination/dry skin and my complexion is very pale.
This foundation just...just didn't work. It oxidized after an hour, it stuck to dry patches around my nose and forehead. It made any pores look so much bigger than they are. I had heard mixed reviews, everyone's skin is different. I tried a sample first and I'm happy I did! This foundation is just a thumbs down for me.
Katie K.
Pattaya
Review for: Light 41 Neutral, 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE more...
I have purchased this product three days ago .
I was extremely excited !
Before buying this product I was also looking at some other foundation and choosing what will be better for me .
I asked two shop assistants which colour would be better for me , is this foundation actually good , how long does it stays and other questions .
Two of them gave me different shades/tones/colour of foundations .
It was something between Light and pink shade .
However I really like the girl( assistant) who helped me to find at least something .
But unfortunately what I have bought is failure .
I heard many good ! Excellent ! Amazing reviews about this foundation .
But honestly I have other thoughts about this product .
Firstly the shade is absolutely different from my skin , it's super white ! I look like ghost 😞👻.
Second what is making me upset the most
It lays down with pieces of foundation on my skin, it is visible as powder on the face, you can literally see giant lumps. Does not hide pores ( it doesn't says that it should cover up your pores but my drugstore makeup always does it even if it doesn't says either ) , does not give a matt effect at end likely I think is because of that pieces of powdery substance that stay on my skin after I apply the product .
The weirdest thing is that it actually was looking pretty good when I tested it in a store ( Sephora ) but I was doing it on my neck and hand .
It wasn't that white !!!!! It changed by itself over time into my shade but on my face it does not . 😦😪😰

It says " Oil Free " I will agree on that .
" full coverage " It does gives you good coverage but probably not on my skin , it turns out partly full covered .
😱😖
So disappointed about this product and honestly want my money back .
I was choosing between this foundation or tarte™ Amazonian clay full coverage foundation SPF 15 , Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick .
I would better spent my money on one of these products than this one from Kat Von D.
😧
The only thing that I'm not sure about is maybe that happens to me because I'm also using a specific cream underneath the foundation ; the acne treatment.
But I'm always waiting like 15 minutes before applying any makeup so that the cream and the products won't mix up .
I will try to use it once again with out this cream and will be hopping ! Wishing ! To see a miracle !!!
😪
But at moment I'm not happy . 😯😥
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Review for: 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE, 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE, 48 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
I hate to be negative but this is probably my least favorite foundation. It is full coverage but it’s really heavy on the skin. It gets cakey and looks like a mask on my skin. I can’t recommend for anything other than tattoo coverage which it is great for obviously given the name of the foundation. But other than that, I really dislike this foundation. I’ve tried sheering it out multiple times with a moisturizer and I still don’t like it because it still clings to my dry patches. So now, I only use this on my clients when I’m doing bridal makeup and they need me to cover a tattoo that’s on their body. If it comes to a face tattoo I will do an entire different process so that I’m not applying this foundation to the face because of the mask-like appearance it gives. If you love the fullest of full coverage you may end up liking this, but even my friends that only wear full coverage foundations weren’t a fan of this either. I wouldn’t recommend this for dry skin, because it empathizes damn near all the dryness on my face no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize my skin beforehand. I’ve honestly tried to make this work over 10 times because when I spend my hard earned money on a product I want to get use out of it of course. So although I didn’t end up liking the foundation on my skin, I’m at least happy that I found use for it with tattoo coverage. But that being said, when I run out of this completely I won’t be repurchasing because I have other products that give just as much coverage and cover tattoos just as good as this does. Because of that, I find no need to spend the money on this yet again to only use it for one thing. It’s too steep of a price tag also for me to purchase again solely for that reason. I use it now because I have it and it works and I do my best to use the products till there is not a drop left if possible.
Ashleigh A.
Winnipeg, MB
Review for: 62 Medium - Warm Undertone more...
Cake, cakey, cakey, cake! Whew! I really and truly wanted to love this foundation, but it is definitely not for people who have any sort of dry patches on their skin. The matte finish it gives completely clings to and enhances any dryness on your face!
Aurelia M.
107 rue louis pasteur cramant
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
Un fond de teint connu pour être couvrant, ce qui semblait être intéressant pour ma peau à imperfections mais malheureusement catastrophe. Un fond de teint trop couvrant qui fait effet plâtre sur ma peau et fait ressortir toute mes zones de sécheresse et qui bouges lors de la journée. Dommage il était prometteur mais pas adapter pour ma peau mixte.
Hannah R.
It’s a no go for sure. Will never be purchasing this foundation. Sticky, coverage does not last all day. Beyond unsatisfied with this makeup because I felt like I always hear good things! Maybe it was just my skin, but I was not impressed.
Stephanie S.
Fortunately I tried this and it does not work well on me I've seen it work well for other people my issue is more with the shade range they have very neutral and light color They don't have many shades for warmer tones and Definitely not enough for deep skin tones
Jessica J.
Russell, KY
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation this foundation my opinion is a total fail. I try not to review harshly but this I absolutely hated. It broke my face out I know this bc it's only thing I changed in my routine and soon as I quit it cleared up. Very cakey and it creases. Don't recommend very over rated!!
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.