Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19903)
Media (1914)
Amanda B.
Michigan city , IN
I love this foundation and it truly is worth every single penny! You can mix it with primer or moisturizer and take it from a full coverage to medium or light coverage. One of my favorite mechanical features of the actual bottle is the fact you don’t have an actual lid to take off and don’t expose the product inside to excess bacteria. As far as buildable and full coverage foundations go, this is the most natural looking and lightest feeling one out there. I suffered from acne as a teen and now as an adult with fair skin I suffer from excess redness and scars and this stuff covers it all. One word of advice, one tiny little pea size (or smaller) goes a very long way. Don’t waste this precious stuff.
Brittanee V.
Phoenix, AZ
I have mixed reviews about this foundation right here. Its very hard to find a shade, im sure you wont find the "perfect" shade on this one. Most shades run on the pink or beige side. So, if youre yellow tone, your going to have a hard time finding a shade that will suit you. Another thing it oxidized so bad and horrible. The only thing about this foundation that it does hold up trough the day but it goes inside your pores and like transfers alot.
Holly N.
Milpitas, CA
I've been looking for a foundation for a while -- one with buildable coverage and one that had staying power. Long behold, Kat Von D's Lock it Tattoo Foundation does all of the above.

I think I wear shade 48, it matches my fair skin perfectly!

One and a half pump usually covers my whole face but beware a little goes the long way! You know the foundation is good when it locks into your make-up brush as well. It goes great with Kat Von D's brush, a small duo fibre stipling one, or with a beauty blender.

Doesn't dry out your skin, make it shiny, or break my skin out.

Highly recommended. Kat Von D never fails!
Rickita R.
Gardiner, ME
I have been using drug store foundation ever since I can remember, finally I wanted full coverage and went and did so,e research and this is Full Coversge, doesn't feel to heavy to me at all, Kat Von D has some of the lightest shades of foundation out there. Which I am on the pale side so that was a huge plus. It's only 35$ how can you beat that? I recommend this too everyone. The Coversge is amazing, it's long lasting, I couldn't be shappier.
Kayla M.
Phoenix, AZ
Definitely a five star product!
I've been using this product for about a year and I'm seriously satisfied with my full coverage foundation. I love that I only use a dab of it and not a dime size amount. i can definitely say I love all of the kat Von d make up line. Overall I definitely am satisfied with this product 32$ very well spent.
Annie C.
Menomonee Falls, WI
This is my go to full coverage foundation for a long night out. This product does last through the night which is great. I love that Kat is expanding the color range to complement more skin tones. This is a matte foundation that is thick. This foundation has to be applied correctly or it can be streaky. It does not last under my glasses pads but even with that I love it. I would recommend to friends. The price is high end but worth the purchase.
Nataly C.
Henderson, NV
This foundation makes all others that claim "full coverage" to look like jokes. I find that I don't even need concealer when I use this. It does feel a bit heavy though and feels and smells like paint, but for the amount of coverage it's worth it. Find that one pump is more than enough and it's easier to apply it with your fingers and then buff it out with a brush. Although it does stay on all day, I do have to use setting powder or setting spray before the day is over. What I love best though is that it comes in a variety of shades and it means I don't have to buy two different ones to get my ideal shade.
Sara H.
Salem, VA
This is the foundation to buy if you are looking for full coverage. This foundation has the most coverage than any other foundation I have tried. It covers anything and everything which is great if you have acne. I have acne-prone skin which is very oily. This foundation covered my acne and acne scars and controlled my oil. However, this foundation comes off on anything. If you touch your face or it comes in contact with clothing, this foundation will come off. Also, it can be very cakey at times. Thoroughly blending with a beauty blender helps make it look more natural. Highly suggest for anyone who struggles with acne or oily skin.
Mika R.
Brooklyn, NY
This foundation is A1! It has AMAZING coverage and it wears throughout the day without my skin getting oily

TMI but I bought this after reading this ratchet review wear a girl stated that she had sex for hours with this foundation on and it didn't budge lol. I needed a foundation with that kind of staying power.

If you're looking for a full coverage foundation that feels light, then this is the one.

My Shade: Deep 76 Warm
Keelin H.
Ringgold, GA
I got this product about 5 months ago and i'm not even halfway done! I love this so much because i'm a super pale person and this comes in very light tones. I don't end up looking orange. The shade fits me well. It doesn't feel thick or heavy like most foundations, but it's also not runny. The only thing is that it does sometimes oxidize towards the end of my wear., but not much so it's not too noticeable. Ill definitely will be buying this again
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.