Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1943)
Joanna T.
Bethlehem, PA
Depending on your skin type certain foundations may not always be the right fit for you. Based upon my skin type which is usually normal or in the middle the Kat Van D foundation was a very good fit for me. One pump sometimes even less gives me full coverage that lasts the whole day and it sets evenly on my face. That being said I would definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a polished look that will last the whole night. However, depending on the person this foundation can be very heavy since it is full coverage and it may not be for every day use. Overall, for the quality you get it is definitely worth the money.
Katrina K.
Chesapeake , VA
This foundation is an absolute must if you're looking for full coverage. I got this foundation entirely because I love Kat Von D, but continue getting it because it honestly won me over. I never used matte foundation prior to using this because I like more of a "dewy" look so I wasn't exactly sure how to apply this. I don't use a beauty blender to apply this, but only because it really makes it look caked on. Also definitely make sure you moisturize well before using!(:
Priscilla T.
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
I have fairly pale oily skin, problematic acne, and was looking for a product that could cover my redness and that gave me full coverage. This product definitely gave me full coverage But was extremely heavy on the face and made me break out. It was really sticky and I haven’t dealt with a foundation doing that to my skin before so that was interesting. Also it was fairly pricey. But I guess if you’re looking for something that gives you full coverage and you don’t care about how heavy or sticky your foundation is this would be a great foundation for you but if you’re like me and want a lightweight foundation this is not for you.
caitlin j.
Gray, KY
I love this foundation. Ive been using it for years. The only con about it is if you use to much you will look very cakey. But other than that its amazing. I love the coverage.
Kristen H.
Pottsboro, TX
I love how this product actually will hide my tattoos! I fell in love with it! The formula is absolutely amazing and I love the bottle. I would recommend this to anybody especially somebody with tattoos or somebody needing to hide their tattoos I love the matte finish and I love that it's oil free because my skin is very oily for those who have a oily skin out there!
Edna B.
Mountain View, CA
This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I have been using this foundation for the past 3 years. A small amount goes a full way. Sephora is the main seller for many of Kat Von Dee's makeup line. The finish is matte, so make sure you wear a moisturizer before you apply this on your face. This foundation is $32 bucks. Last a really long time. When I work out and accidentally forget to remove my makeup, my makeup stays put even after a whole hour of cardio.
Kylee C.
Canton, OH
I use the Ubran Decay Eye shadow primer Potion EDEN and I love it! you Get 10ml/0.33 fl oz which with this product a little bit goes a long way. I have had mine for almost a year and a half and still have a lot of it left. also it really does keep your eye shadow on. I have gone out using this product and I come home to tried to wash my make up of, sleeping with this product on kept my eye shadow looking the same the next morning. this product is sold for $20.00
Sherry H.
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly after reading reviews, I was expecting this to make me into a cakeface! But for some reason it didn't. I definitely recommend starting light and working with a good brush (the new KVD lock-it foundation edge brush works perfectly with this, as it should) and it's like liquid silk on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't cake.

Obviously different foundations fit well on different skins, but mine is oily/combination and this doesn't make it cake like many, many other foundations have.
Cinthia D.
greenwood, SC
I bought this foundation a few weeks ago. Honestly I hate it, maybe is because my skin is dry. It made it extra dry and patchy. I tried using it with a good primer and it helped a little but it still looked bad in my face. Then I used a moisturizer and it made it a little bit better. For me this foundation didn't work at all maybe it your skin is really oily it be great on you! I'm not saying that this foundation completely sucks. It has AMAZING coverage. But you can't just wear it by itself. You will need a little blush and contour before you go out. Make sure you exfoliate and hydrate your face before you use it!
Kristin L.
Seattle
I've been using this foundation for a little over a year now and I love it! I have combination skin so it looks pretty good for up to 6 hours in the day for. Typically I have the apply powder or use blotting paper on my T zone. I haven't gotten any big break outs for it either. It's really easy to apply and it's blends beautifully! My advice with this product would be to be careful with how much primer you use before putting it on otherwise it tends to slide.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon