Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19924)
Media (1915)
Carrie Breannah D.
Bronston, KY
This product is a bit difficult to accurately score/judge. I went ahead and decided to rate this product 4 stars because over all of do believe this is a great product and depending on the individual and their needs are in a foundation this could be a life changing product. My first attempt at this foundation was weird; application was tricky. This product is very fast setting, faster than any foundation I had been used to. You have to be a bit quick and on point with application especially blending. I have combo skin and this did dry and set matt however not as matt as I personally expected. The coverage of the foundation is very impressive and it is buildable to an extent as long as you are careful and quick.
Ellen W.
San Angelo, TX
Absolutely love the coverage. I had to try 4 different shades to get the right one. I went to 4 different Sephoras when I traveled from Texas to Arizona. It's full coverage and very lightweight for me. I use an Artis brush to apply. Has no smell. I recommend swatching and going outside and not using the gun. The gun gave me 3 wrong readings from 3 different Sephoras. If you think it's too thick, add a drop of oil or her primer.
Sherry H.
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly after reading reviews, I was expecting this to make me into a cakeface! But for some reason it didn't. I definitely recommend starting light and working with a good brush (the new KVD lock-it foundation edge brush works perfectly with this, as it should) and it's like liquid silk on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't cake.

Obviously different foundations fit well on different skins, but mine is oily/combination and this doesn't make it cake like many, many other foundations have.
Kylee C.
Canton, OH
I use the Ubran Decay Eye shadow primer Potion EDEN and I love it! you Get 10ml/0.33 fl oz which with this product a little bit goes a long way. I have had mine for almost a year and a half and still have a lot of it left. also it really does keep your eye shadow on. I have gone out using this product and I come home to tried to wash my make up of, sleeping with this product on kept my eye shadow looking the same the next morning. this product is sold for $20.00
Edna B.
Mountain View, CA
This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I have been using this foundation for the past 3 years. A small amount goes a full way. Sephora is the main seller for many of Kat Von Dee's makeup line. The finish is matte, so make sure you wear a moisturizer before you apply this on your face. This foundation is $32 bucks. Last a really long time. When I work out and accidentally forget to remove my makeup, my makeup stays put even after a whole hour of cardio.
Ashley B.
I really enjoy this foundation. It has a vwry thick consistency and the coverage it so incredible. It is so pigmented. A little goes a long way. I apply mine with a damp beauty blender and it looks great. It sets matte and holds all day long. I have never found a foundation thag lasts as well as this one does. I have oily skin and I find that my oils find break down this foundation much at all. I can touch my face without transfer. It can stick to dry spots and cake up so you have to watch for that, especially if yoh have dry skin.
Cindy C.
Roxbury , MA
This foundation is very very full coverage and very thick its good for a full glam look. i just wouldn't use it for everyday wear its feels heavy on the skin. I have dry skin and i still use because i love the finish but it is matte but just makes my skin look flawless, overall very good coverage and good color selections. Dont forget to that a little goes a long way if you purchase this foundation brings a lot of product and most likely last u a very long time.
Haleigh N.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
This is probably one of the worst high end foundations I've ever used. First of all, I could
Not find a color that matched my skin tone- everything was either wayyy too cool toned, or too dark for olive toned light skin. Secondly, the foundation separated on my face half way through the day and looked horribly splotchy. The worst part however, is that it oxidized and the splotchy bits made me look like a leopard. It was really upsetting because I've been looking for a cruelty free foundation for oily skin, and I had high hopes for this one. I would not recommend to any one with fair skin and warm undertones and oily skin
Kathryn E.
Grand Rapids, MN
I have pretty oily skin, so I search high and low for something to give me a true matte finish and for it to last throughout the day. This product is pretty fantastic! It is REALLY full coverage and evens everything out really nicely. Only thing I'd knock it on is that it sinks into my pores (I also have large pores). But honestly, you can't really even see that unless you're holding a mirror very close to your face. After roughly 4 hours, I am still shine free and the makeup doesn't feel heavy. If I touch my face, obviously I can tell I'm wearing foundation, but otherwise, it's fairly light considering how thick the formula is.
Courtney H.
Goodlettsvlle, TN
I've always loved this Foundation but I feel they have changed the formula or something is going wrong because I always use 8:42 and recently it has had a bad effect on my face. It has made my face extremely dry increases. It literally transfers on everything. The biggest issue honestly is the transfer I can't be on my phone without it completely covering the screen with foundation. You can wipe it off your face with your finger like taking it across a wetcanvas
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.