Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19893)
Media (1911)
Megan M.
Newnan, GA
I had high hopes, but to be honest, I have tried better from the drugstore. I know this is a matte formula, but my skin is not especially dry and this makes it look like a desert. I have used the same primer with all of my foundations, and this one tends to break up long before others. It has great coverage and is actually a great color match for me at the lightest shade, but that's about all it has going for it. I will never buy this one again. Sorely disappointed :(
Jadaris N.
Philadelphia, PA
I have been dying to try this foundation for what seems like my entire life and with the Sephora VIB sale i finally got my hands on it. It was love at first swipe. This foundation is amazing, super full coverage without feeling like i have ten pounds of foundation on my face, and super long lasting. It controlled my oils beautifully and it did not cling to my dry patches ( I have combo skin). I didn't emphasize any of my pores it just looked flawless on my skin. The one small tiny con that i noticed was that it did oxidize a tiny bit but it wasn't anything horrible so i was fine with it. Overall I highly highly recommend this foundation.
Jessica V.
Manteca, CA
If you're looking for a full coverage foundation this is it. I noticed that with this foundation one tiny pump out of the bottle covers my whole face. it stays on well and if you apply it correctly then it doesn't make your face to cakey. I never used any powder with this foundation only because I didn't want to risk it on being super heavy on my face, but in the end if you use small amounts and use a beauty blender it should be a great full coverage foundation (:
Joanna T.
Bethlehem, PA
Review for: Medium 52 more...
Depending on your skin type certain foundations may not always be the right fit for you. Based upon my skin type which is usually normal or in the middle the Kat Van D foundation was a very good fit for me. One pump sometimes even less gives me full coverage that lasts the whole day and it sets evenly on my face. That being said I would definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a polished look that will last the whole night. However, depending on the person this foundation can be very heavy since it is full coverage and it may not be for every day use. Overall, for the quality you get it is definitely worth the money.
Priscilla T.
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
I have fairly pale oily skin, problematic acne, and was looking for a product that could cover my redness and that gave me full coverage. This product definitely gave me full coverage But was extremely heavy on the face and made me break out. It was really sticky and I haven’t dealt with a foundation doing that to my skin before so that was interesting. Also it was fairly pricey. But I guess if you’re looking for something that gives you full coverage and you don’t care about how heavy or sticky your foundation is this would be a great foundation for you but if you’re like me and want a lightweight foundation this is not for you.
Jessica S.
Roseville, MI
This foundation has really great coverage and photographs well, but only giving 3 stars because I feel like it just does not look that great in person, unless you pair it with the KVD primer, especially if you have dry skin. I think for the price, the formula could be a lot better and it could look a little more "natural" and not so almost chalky. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Kat Von D and just about everything she does, but for $35, this could look a little better on ALL skin types.
Tiffany J.
Aiken, SC
Hands down the best foundation I've ever used!! It's full coverage!! I can't think of anything I don't like about it! I've been using it about 2 years now and will never change! I just bought some yesterday and it'll last me for months!
Anissa R.
Bakersfield, CA
I have combination skin, but tend to get tremendously oily by the end of the day whenever I wear a foundation. That was true until I went out and bought this! I don't get oily wearing this foundation; plus the finish is gorgeous. It is worth every penny! I would definitely recommend this for people who have oily or combination skin. I don't think I'd recommend this for people with dry skin until you apply it with a damp beauty sponge.
Amanda C.
Cottage Grove, MN
My go-to liquid foundation. I love full coverage and it blends so well. I do have oily skin so I have to use a primer and setting powder. Even when I use both, I still get oily sometimes during the day.
Janna D.
Gainesville, FL
This foundation is great for a very full coverage! The only reason I gave it four stars was because when I forget to mix my foundation with moisturizer I notice that it tends to be very Cakey even with one coat and leaves my foundation and setting powder very dry throughout the day
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.