Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperp...66 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1969)
▼ ▲.
This is my number one go to for full
Coverage foundation. It can even be used as a concealer if needed. I don't use this foundation every day but it is a staple in my makeup collection. It does not irritate skin but I would recommend using it with a good primer.
Kirsten S.
Jonesboro , GA
I love the formula and that Kat Von D offers a variety of shades. It does seem to oxidize a little orange but that may be because even though there were a variety of shades, I could not find my true color. One shade was too light and the other was darker than my skin.
Caitlyn G.
Arkansas City, KS
this is my holy grail foundation! super full coverage, beautiful packaging, and I absolutely LOVE the easy pump! I get so many compliments on my foundation and I give all the credit to Kat!
Cheyanne J.
I am completely in love with this foundation. I use this every day. It's so full coverage, and it applies so smooth. It lasts all day. I need to get a new one already!
Anjel M.
Douglas, WY
This is my third bottle of this foundation. Even though it seems too thick it has really buildable coverage. You can go for a more natural look by using it sparingly around the face. Or, you can build it up to be full coverage. Like cement it lasts so long. To give you proof, I went vacationing in Las Vegas. It was 111 degrees and my foundation did not get oily nor slide off. It was perfect! This is my holy grail foundation!
Frances J.
I love this foundation sooo much! The only negative thing about it that I would say is that some of the medium and darker shades are very warm and tend to be too orange but I just mix it with a drop of a more nuetral foundation and it works perfectly. The coverage is so amazing it covers acne scarring very well! You will want to exfoliate and moisturize with this because it can tend to make catch on to dry patches and make you look a little scaly around the nose & between the brows. Other than that it's one of my all time favorites!
Pahola J.
Great long lasting full-coverage foundation. Applies very smooth with a matte finish. I apply mine with a BeautyBlender but also applies nicely with a makeup brush. I have normal to dry skin and this foundation is very hydrating and does not dry out my skin or make my skin oily whatsoever. I would highly recommend to anyone with dark spots, I never have to use a separate concealer when I use this foundation, it covers that well!
Nicole B.
Is there nothing that this foundation can't do?! I first tried this when my best friend needed to cover up her neck tattoo for a wedding (which worked incredibly by the way!) But that's not all it's for! It covers breakouts sooo well, as well as under eye circles. Which is amazing! This is honestly the only foundation I've tried that has actually worked to cover up the things you want! It stays in place and doesn't flake or come off from sweat; honestly give it a try, that's the only way you'll understand how great this formula is!
Myan T.
The coverage is unbelievable! No concealer needed! One pump does the trick for me! I do find that it sets more quickly than other foundations I own. With this reason I will work in sections of my face carefully. I find that applying it with a beauty blender is the best way to get a more natural look. Ooh, and make sure you apply this in natural light! After I was color matched at Sephora and tried to apply it the next day in my bathroom, I looked orange. I took some photos and observed myself in the mirror and complexion looked great!
Annetta R.
Williamsburg, KY
I need a FULL coverage foundation. I found this foundation to be a good option. I'm not sure if I would say fantastic. I would still prefer more coverage on red spots. I defiantly prefer using a damp blending sponge as opposed to a brush. When used this way I get a smooth application that doesn't appear to cakey. The colors oxidized or darkened on my skin after application so I had to go down a few options. I feel like it is necessary to get color matched with this one in store. Give it time to dry down and then make your selection.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Sephora