Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19862)
Media (1907)
Teal K.
Cypress, TX
Amazing! I love this stuff! I have had a really difficult time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone, doesn't break down throughout the day, and actually covers my blemishes. This is it! The consistency is pretty thick, but it goes on really well over moisturizer and primer. I am so happy that I finally found everything I was looking for in a foundation! I do not have oily skin. If I did, I'm not sure this would be my go-to foundation. I also don't have super dry skin. My skin is somewhere in the middle.
Chloe B.
Salem, OR
I got the lightest shade they make and it was eh. Super matte finish and I have oily skin so it would end up with this weird super oily cakey texture no matter how many layers I applied. Also definitely not transfer proof. It has decent coverage and because it's so light I usually will mix this in with foundations that are too dark or don't have enough coverage but I definitely don't love this. I have heard however that shade 42 is a different consistency and formula from the other shades so I may just need to try a different shade and see how that wears.
Lorelei M.
Easthampton , MA
This foundation can be for all skin types. Ideally, it is for combo/oily skin, in my opinion. It is definitely full coverage. I have dry skin and love it, but have to take extra steps. First, I make sure to use argan oil on top of my moisturizer. After that sits fir a bit, I apply a hydrating primer. KVD makes a great one. Then I use a makeup sponge dampened with a hydrating facial mist/toner. When I follow these steps the foundation wears all day, is full coverage, and my skin looks perfect. I took off one star only because it is not really made for skin as dry as mine, not for any fault of the product or formula.
Emily G.
las vegas
In love Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation it has such good courage 😤💗i have so many spots in my face and the foundation covers them all 😭❤️it’s such a life saver highlyyy recommend it 🤗
Kaela W.
Chula Vista, CA
Love this foundation! It's my all time favorite. The coverage is perfect and it does last 24 hours. I went to a school field trip from 5 pm - 5 am. I normally wake up at 5 am to do my makeup. When I got home to take it off it still looked perfect. I think it's perfect for all types of skin. I use this daily with rimmel stay matte primer and I apply it with a damp beauty blender. It works great even without a primer! Once it runs out I plan on purchasing again and again. I like this better than the too faced born this way!
Meredith H.
Waco, TX
Very full coverage with just one pump of product! I have not found a better foundation for my acne prone/oily skin. Blends well and the color match is spot on. I will definitely repurchase.
Stephanie M.
Tampa, FL
Picture this, you are looking for a foundation that matches your skin tone to a T. Your desire for that beautiful even and smooth skin tone drives you into hours of research. You find that all roads lead you to this particular foundation. You get color matched in the store, and it looks like it was made just for you. You buy the foundation and the matching primer for best over all effects. Then, a few hours later you are oxidized to the color of an Ompa Lumpa and your pores are larger than some people's first apartment. I don't recommend this foundation at all.
Maricella G.
Houston , TX
Love love love this foundation it is full coverage with one layer it is amazing and very easy to apply with a wet beauty blender matte finish for sure awesome for oil skin
Carly B.
Sammamish, WA
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I have very oily skin and this works so well with my difficult skin. I love that it does last all day, maybe a little dewy after half a day, but most product are. You can use a little for a lighter coverage or use a lot and get full coverage. But I love the color range of this makeup and how it makes my skin look flawless all day long!
Gabrielle H.
Denton, TX
I absolutely love this foundation. The coverage is superb. It is just a tad bit light but I always mix it with my MAC foundation to even it out. It hides all the dark marks that concealer doesn't.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.