Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1937)
Jasmine G.
W Valley City, UT
I absolutely love this foundation, it has amazing coverage and I love that I found the perfect shade for my skin tone. It's not too pricey either so that's a plus. I am definitely butterflies again.
Liz G.
COVERAGE: 5/5
I have oily skin, and Acne and it is a STRUGGLE to find good foundation that will leave my skin looking smooth and soft. This is not only LIGHT-WEIGHT but feels SO GOOD on my skin. I went from having acne to full coverage with only a couple dots of product.

SKIN TONE: 4.5/5
It was hard to find my skin tone color at first because when I bought it at Sephora they had said one color matched and in the store it looked like it. HOWEVER, when I went outside it looked a bit more orange. I switched it out and it's almost my exact color, so it works!

APPLICATION: 5/5
I have applied not only with a beauty blender but with a foundation brush and I get the same result with both, or at least not a noticeable difference. It went on smoothly.

Attached I have a picture of what it looked like once it was on. From ACNE to this? and one pass? I think it looks good. Hope this review helps!  Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Alysa B.
I've been using this foundation for three years, and honestly I've come to dislike it. While it can look okay, it's not very nice looking for people like me - super pale neutral undertones people with combination skin. There are only heavy pink and heavy yellow undertones, I've tried everything from mixing 42 and 44, using them as stand alones, and wearing 43, and none have matched me well enough. If there's something else I don't like, it's that it smells like paint for a while after applying. The smell gets in my nose and I can't stand it. Besides that, it feels heavy on, looks heavy, dries out any already dried skin to where it flakes, and separates at oily skin. This is really a "normal skin" kind of foundation. For the time I had it, I was pleased. Soon after I discovered that isn't what foundation should look or feel like, I switched. Big thumbs down.
Sicily R.
Moundridge
I really wanted to like this foundation because I'm usually a big fan of KVD makeup. However, this foundation was just way too cakey and seemed to flake off on my dry spots.
Vanessa E.
Painesville, OH
When they say full coverage they mean full coverage and not in a gross you can see how sick your foundation is kind of way in a it covers all of my flaws and in secure areas on my face so my face looks absolutely flawless! When I use this foundation I know that I am not going to have to worry about it moving or transferring off on my clothes or anything else it's stays put all day long! It's my favorite long-lasting full coverage foundation of all time!!
Gabrielle M.
Kennewick, WA
I would not purchase again. Ever. Wayyyy to thick. Hard to find a matching color to my skin tone. Very flat colors. Made me look like I was dead and had no color in my skin.
Rachel C.
La Puente, CA
Love how it sets on my face looks flawless and I have no break outs using it. I get a lot of compliments when I used Kat von d lock it foundation I also used the lock it powder foundation love it
Kelli H.
Kenton, OH
Review for: Other more...
If you use a beauty blender it makes it more lightweight but still full coverage if using a brush it's full coverage and heavy. still love it and matches skin tone perfectly
Courtney L.
Whitesboro, NY
This is a great foundation if you need the coverage/like a very full coverage! It is heavy, but it's great for oily/acne prone skin as long as you have a good skin care routine!
Irene S.
West Palm Bch, FL
I went in to Sephora to get a sample to try befor i bought it and it was a biggggg nooooooo for me it got so cakee for me and i have dry spots and its just looked really bad
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon