Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19885)
Media (1909)
Aimee E.
Alexandria, VA
Cant believe i never reviewed this. I was already using a different foundation before that sort of did what i wanted it to do but THIS shade is EVERYTHING. It is a FULL-COVERAGE foundation so be warned. It goes over very smooth like velvet and is AMAZING with a beauty blender or brush. I got the kit with the beauty blender in it and have been addicted to both ever since. My skin stays soft and matte all day. No break-outs. Setting powder makes it last even longer. My skin is a bit on the dryer side but even with my oily T-zone it stays true. LOVE this and cant ever see myself using anything else as much as this one.
jesse lynn b.
I bought this foundation shortly after it was first released and everyone started raving about it. I am a makeup artist, and always try new products out on myself first. Now I like a full coverage foundation, but this one is simply too much for me. The consistency is very thick and heavy, and I don't care for the smell. Now for applying, I can't say I loved it on me. Again, just too thick, too heavy and not the easiest to blend. I did try it on a client with facial scarring and it worked wonders for coverage. So I have not reserved it for special skin issues such as that. I know a lot of people count this as a 'holy grail' foundation but it for me, it definitely works best for a particular kind of skin and user.
Alesse V.
Mahomet
This is so matte! I love it it stays on all day even through dancing lol I wore it to prom and it was still on after 2am and looked great you could barely tell I was wearing foundation but it looked amazing
Abigail S.
Warrior, AL
I love this foundation! It has amazing coverage and comes in so many colors. I'm very fair skinned, so it's almost impossible to find the perfect foundation color for me. This lasts all day long. The only negative thing that I would have to say about this product is that if you put too much on it can definitely get pretty cakey. One or one and a half pumps is usually the perfect amount. This is by far my favorite foundation.
Hannah O.
South point , OH
I have Combination skin. This foundation seem to stick to my dry patches and slide of on my oily parts. It feels very heavy and thick. Personally for the price it is not worth it.
Karrah L.
Arlington, TX
I really like this foundation. For me full coverage without building it up, no need for a separate concealer this foundation .If there is a spot that needs more coverage I lightly use a flat foundation brush and pat a bit more product onto that area. It's great! Due to having dry skin I moisturize like I always with any foundation. I don't set with powder, only my highlighted area when I do highlight. Definitely long lasting as stated. One of my top foundations, top brands as well.
Shaina V.
melvindale
It’s amazing it cover everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a tattoo I hate and it covers it up amazingly it’s the Only cover up I’ve found that will Cover tattoo l!!!!
It’s little more money wise but very worth it
Joanita Y.
Haverhill, MA
Review for: Light 49 more...
I'm a Deep 66 in this foundation. When I say I love this... girl listen! I absolutely LOVE this. I love a full coverage foundation and this gives that to you. I get perfection when I blend this using my Tarte Airbuki brush. I do a small areas at a time because I find that it dries quickly. Some people find that is thick. If you aren't careful it can look cakey. I've also mixed it with moisturizer for a thinner consistency. Every time I use this I'm talking to the mirror like "Yes girl, blend that! Slay girl, slay." Selfie photo shoot is sure to follow. Head your cute behind to Sephora and grab a sample.
joyce a.
Springfield , VA
Review for: Light 45 more...
Kat Von D never fails to impress, particularly with the Lock It Foundation. A matte finish, great for any skin type. It is long lasting and somewhat waterproof, covered all my tattoos! Use a powder to set :)
Taylor F.
Beachwood , NJ
Review for: Light 42 more...
This foundation is definitely very full coverage! It's perfect for a night out! It blends so nicely and doesn't feel too heavy on your face! Super blendable! Definitely recommend!
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.