Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19873)
Media (1908)
Hannah M.
Cincinnati , OH
I suffer from really dry skin so finding a foundation that kept my skin hydrated but was a little thicker has been a challenge but this provides amazing coverage and doesn’t dry out my skin either
Kelsey L.
Let me start my review with the fact that I do love this product, but I'm truly disappointed in my latest purchase of it. I first purchased in the shade L45 and when I went to repurchase I made the mistake of getting L42. Well, with winter coming up I figured it should be fine or I could make it work with adding just a little bit of a darker setting powder... wrong. The whole product is different to me than the shade L45, of which I tried first and loved! I'm not sure if it's because the shade is such a light shade or what, but the product does not sit on my skin as beautifully, it does not stay for anything on my face for more than an hour or two. I'm just not happy. It was a personal mistake that I thought I could work with- guess not! Has anyone else had this happen with this product?
casey k.
I'm a person who has suffered with severe acne for 11 years. To top it off i have post acne hyperpigmentation. So there are dark spots that are flat and look like acne on my face. Its one of my biggest insecurities. While having acne prone / oily skin, this foundation is my holy grail. I used to use max studio fix but it never stayed on my face long. I would say this foundation is 12 hours + wear and even longer if you double up. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out and it covers better than anything ive ever used. I think the downside to this foundation would be that they made the shades more yellow and that it takes a bit of effort to take off. So i only wear it every now and then.
Nathalie F.
Palm desert, CA
If you are looking for a true FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION with a Matte finish, then this is it! If you need a foundation that will help you cover some of your imperfections, then this is a must! I will say that your skin definitely needs to be prepped with the correct moisturizer and primer as this can look overly dry on some skin types. I don't feel as this would be ideal for a very dry skin type or someone with a lot of texture as it will just enhance it. I have knocked down one star because i felt there was opportunity for more shades. I always had to mix two shades to get the right tone.
Jordan D.
Mesa, AZ
I liked this foundation. The color match was excellent (Light 48) and it stayed matte on me throughout the day. However, it felt and looked heavy. It was very full coverage, but perhaps too full coverage for my taste. I may purchase it again and use it for special occasions, but it was not an everyday foundation for me.
Henna S.
Review for: Medium 58 more...
A little goes a looooong way with this formula! It is full coverage and looks beautiful after setting! Its a matte finish for me and works perfect for my combo skin! Def will purchase again but i think my bottle will last a while!
Cynthia C.
Watervliet, NY
Review for: Light 45 more...
The coverage on this foundation is AMAZING! It has a matte finish, but it is fairly heavy and looks a little cakey when you want enough on to cover everything. It is extremely long lasting though. I probably would buy this again.
Sarah S.
Galatia, IL
Review for: Light 44, Medium 52, Light 46 more...
I don't remember which shade of foundation I received from a friend but holy coW THIS IS THE BEST FOUNDATION EVER! I don't even need a translucent powder to keep from getting oily! Plus all of my blemishes are flawlessly covered!
Adalina N.
Review for: Medium 54, Medium 58 more...
Best foundation ever!! Kat on D slayed this Pro covers everything, i had black dye on my face from dying my hair and it completely covered all of the dye. It has a matte finish but i wouldnt mind buying this again i probably will
Bianca S.
Marked Tree, AR
I absolutely love it. Gives me the full coverage that I need. And with other makeup I struggle to find the right colors or have to mix makeup but no more. I really like the thick consistency of it.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.