Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1969)
Ashley L.
Punta Gorda
This foundation is the closest I have ever found to my crazy pale skin and it is comfortable to wear. despite being full coverage it doesn't feel heavy or cakey. it blends nicely and doesn't leave my skin irritated when i remove it. as long as you don't have dry skin i highly reccomend
Melissa B.
Durham, NC
Only foundation I always go back to because I love it so much! Last all day long even when I sweat or get dirty still look flawless! Very matte! Goes a long way, I would recommend to anyone who loves makeup!
Samantha P.
Surprise, AZ
Let me start out by saying I am very fair skinned. I'm the person people make fun of and say even Casper has more color than me. Because so fair skinned is disheartening, especially when you are addicted to makeup. I have tried drug store brands and even more expensive brands like MAC. None of them ever had a light enough color that looked natural on me and gave me good coverage. That is until I tried this foundation. Kat Von D Lock-It foundation has changed my life. I have never been more happy about a foundation in my life. Unlike other products it doesn't make my face feel oily, it doesn't cause me to break out. It covers perfectly and is decently priced. I use the #44 light complexion and will probably never switch away from it!!
Myia R.
Augusta, GA
So I was in Sephora trying to find a new foundation and I remembered my makeup buddy saying she loved the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation so I brought it. As a women of color there wasn't too many shades that I could choose from so I swatched the closest to my skin tone and it seemed like a perfect match. Boy was a wrong because the day that I decided to use it my foundation color choice was all wrong because my skin's undertone is a mix of red & yellows the foundation oxidized and had me looking ghostly. I made my purchase back in January but she had since then brought out more women of color friendly shades so I will try again because this foundation is accurately good with covering flaws and providing a full coverage application.
Gigimakeup
My first high end foundation, and I'm not disappointed!however, i feel like the shade descriptions on sephora.com are not exactly true to color because i found it oxidizes one or two shades darker.. so if you feel like this may be a dealbreaker for you, choose lighter. it holds up to all of his claims except transfer proof. ALWAYS set it with powder. it will stay tacky and will transfer onto hands, clothes, and fingerprints will be stuck on your face. the coverage is definitely buildable, but with one to two pumps, it already starts out as a medium coverage. i have acne/acne scars and it covers them like no tomorrow! You can mix it with an infusion drop or beauty oil to lessen the matte finish. it really is a versatile foundation, and her powder foundations are a great as well. you don't even need a concealer after this foundation.
Christine V.
It's definitely full coverage and a good product. It can be very heavy if applying too much so be sure to pack on only as much as you need. I would recommend it but only for oily to normal skin. If you have dry skin you will have dry patches.
Liz T.
Beverly, MA
I was hesitant about buying this because I read mixed reviews on it, but I ended up liking it. I have a hard time finding foundations that last all day for me without long gross, but this one did a good job.
Clara L.
Dadeville, MO
Review for: Light 45 Neutral more...
This has been one of the best foundations I have used. It lastes all day long and has a beautiful matte finish. The coverage is full and is super easy to apply. I would definitely recommend this to everyone!
Bruce D.
Myrtle Beach, SC
My wife used this and would always complain about how it would never blend or always looked like paint when she applied it. This is very high coverage and in my honest opinion make the wearer look like she's painted her face with house paint.
Jeanne C.
i usually just stick with concealer but when it's a special occasion i like using this foundation because it stays on and lasts for hours! it's a little heavy but if it works well and last, i can't complain!
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon