Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Does this stay on long enough or does it fade away thru o...9 Answers
Reviews (19921)
Media (1916)
Melanie L.
Review for: Medium 54 Neutral more...
Pros:
full coverage
Stays all day
Cheap in price

Cons:
Can look cakey if your skincare isn't right
Looks drying
Overtime it dehydrates your skin
Very thick

I like this foundation but if you're not hydrated - then forget it.
Monica M.
Great coverage, it is a bit heavy than other foundations. But it works great covering redness and dark circles that you wouldn't need to apply concealer. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday wear. A little goes a long way.
Jessica D.
San Jose, CA
It has amazing coverage! However, if you have dry skin it can show your dry patches. It blends out very smoothly and covers all pigmentation. There is a great shade range so likely you would be able to find a color for you.
alex a.
Review for: Light 48 more...
The product was well but after a day of sitting in class i would end up with foundation all over my hands and clothes. Even with a power foundation over top it would rub off. The finish was matte and the color matches well.
Chelsea G.
Fredericksbrg, VA
Review for: Light 45 Neutral more...
This is a great product for those who are looking for a full coverage foundation. I find it works best with a beauty blender or by stippling. Great for in the winter
Destaney H.
Rigby
So I’m torn, when I first used this I rebought it about 4 times. Then out of no where my skin reacted weird. It started separating throughout the day, even friends of mine asked if it was being weird on their skin to. I’m wondering if the formula changed at all?
Genyra N.
Seattle
KVD lock it foundation was my very FIRST liquid foundation. I always reached for powders but one day I decided to try something new out and this was what I fell for, gives you a good amount of coverage and controls my oils!
Olga G.
KVD products are great and this is not an exception, however I have a few callouts that you may want to consider. This foundation is quite heavy and I wouldn't want to use it every day. Here's my pro / con list:
(+) Really full coverage
(+) Smudge-free formula
(+) Good staying power

(-) Difficult to blend
(-) Shade selection is a bit limited
(-) Cakey formula after few hours
(-) Subtle fragrance
(-) Drying formula / flaking

When using this, you need to apply moisturizer and primer, otherwise the foundation will cake and look too heavy. Also, the shades are mostly warm and it's hard to find a matching shade for pale skin: #42 is too light and #44 is waaaay too warm. I use #42 and add some darker loose powder to look more alive. Overall, it's a decent product but takes a lot of work to make it look good!
Amber J.
I really enjoyed my Lock it foundation by KVD. It was easy to blend and was very highly pigmented. It also wore well on my oily skin although I would find myself powdering throughout the day to keep the oil at bay. I would suggest it to others but it did oxidize on me after a while.
Danielle B.
Johnson City, TN
Great foundation if you're looking for a full coverage foundation! This covers everything! It goes on easily and doesn't drop off. This will last all day and will not finish the day looking as greasy as most other products.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.